Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I did send an email to Paul and basically whined that I missed out which was a bummer since I had been buying all of these direct from them. Didn't hear anything for until this morning - Paul sent me an email saying he held back a few copies just for this reason, and invoiced me for a copy. So crisis averted. I may not have been able to use my discount codes, but honestly I can't complain about it. So another satisfied SST customer!

(Part of me was feeling like who cares, it's just a book, but then the completist collector part of me was yelling at the clouds.)

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    SST is not Gauntlet and I would not be surprised if they could help you.
    ABSO-EFFIN-LUTELY they're not like Gauntlet.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’m doing the same. I like going through Camelot for that reason. Take the guess work and stress out of these situations.
    Absolutely. They have saved me from missing out on so many titles...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

If it's the one that went out yesterday, I've been getting that author's titles through Camelot and will continue to do so.
    I’m doing the same. I like going through Camelot for that reason. Take the guess work and stress out of these situations.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    It happened to me when Chainsaw sold out pre-announcement. I contacted Paul and he said he held back some copies and subsequently offered me one.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I'm pretty upset about yesterday's offer - only because the time I was able to get home, the book was sold out, which is highly disappointing because I've purchased the last three books direct from SST, so either the email went to to more people that who had copies, or people shared the link.

Almost as upset as when Gauntlet failed to honor number requests and Barry was all "oh well, sucks to be you." Okay, maybe I'm more disappointed.
    It definitely was sent to all subscribers as I got it. Have you reached out to see if they have any held back for situations like this? SST is not Gauntlet and I would not be surprised if they could help you.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyb
    replied
    The email didn't just go out to people who got the last book. It was a subscriber email. So everyone got the email. I also wish we were able to guarantee continued matching numbers on an author.
    has me worried all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I'm pretty upset about yesterday's offer - only because the time I was able to get home, the book was sold out, which is highly disappointing because I've purchased the last three books direct from SST, so either the email went to to more people that who had copies, or people shared the link.

Almost as upset as when Gauntlet failed to honor number requests and Barry was all "oh well, sucks to be you." Okay, maybe I'm more disappointed.
    I can see where you'd be highly disappointed. Especially if these books are numbered and you've been collecting them in that fashion. I suspect the link was probably shared as well.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone here pick-up the advance pre-order book that SST emailed (some) people about today? Was very happy to see the announcement and am glad I purchased a copy as it sold out very quickly. Pretty much adore the cover-art and am stoked that the book will have the original (never seen before) text. Am secretly hoping that they produce limited editions for the rest of this author's backlog as the books they have published by him so far have turned out amazing!
    If it's the one that went out yesterday, I've been getting that author's titles through Camelot and will continue to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Same with me, and the format of the book didn't interest me, so it was an easy pass. I'm a bit surprised that it sold out so quickly...clearly others seem to click with him for reasons you and I don't quite get, Martin, but more power to them and the author.
    The Author is definitely having a moment and I wish him great success.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Not an author I clicked with, so I passed.
    Same with me, and the format of the book didn't interest me, so it was an easy pass. I'm a bit surprised that it sold out so quickly...clearly others seem to click with him for reasons you and I don't quite get, Martin, but more power to them and the author.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone here pick-up the advance pre-order book that SST emailed (some) people about today? Was very happy to see the announcement and am glad I purchased a copy as it sold out very quickly. Pretty much adore the cover-art and am stoked that the book will have the original (never seen before) text. Am secretly hoping that they produce limited editions for the rest of this author's backlog as the books they have published by him so far have turned out amazing!
    Not an author I clicked with, so I passed.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    jeffingoff Looks like I need to eat a bit of crow as you look on and smile…after Malerman serving as my personal Bentley Little for years, I just finished my reread of BIRD BOX via the new SST edition…and really enjoyed it. Go figure. I’m not ready to change my mind on ON THIS DAY OF THE PIG or, especially, GOBLIN…but I do now want to track down a copy of the (now unfortunately sold out) edition of MALORIE after passing on the preorder offer a while back…I’d like more of this story.
    Ah! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Funny thing is I thought Goblin and On This, the Day of the Pig were better! I'd email Paul Fry and see if there are any Malorie's laying around. I wouldn't be shocked if one turned up.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    They are gone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X