Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    If I get a copy and it doesn't have an authentic Jeffingoff signature I'm gonna be ticked!

Ha! I'll be happy to let B&N know I'm available if they need to make good on a crazy promise.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't know. Dude's a pretty big YouTube star these days.

Well, I do need to shed some of these winter pounds . . .

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    True. Maybe I'll get back 1/3 of the cost then.
    Your listing better state "Wonderful book by acclaimed author in near mint condition. Unfortunately it has been defaced by some asshat. Which is why I'm forced to sell at a discount. My loss = your gain. Bid with confidence!"

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    True. Maybe I'll get back 1/3 of the cost then.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Now that would be awesome!! A Thomas Harris book sites by Jeffingoff. Might be able to sell it on eBay and get a quarter of my money back.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    If I get a copy and it doesn't have an authentic Jeffingoff signature I'm gonna be ticked!
    Now that would be awesome!! A Thomas Harris book sites by Jeffingoff. Might be able to sell it on eBay and get a quarter of my money back.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I figured it out. It says it's signed but not who signed it! Could be Thomas Harris. Could be Jeffingoff! WHO KNOWS??

"We just promised it would be signed." Lawyer for B&N.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I figured it out. It says it's signed but not who signed it! Could be Thomas Harris. Could be Jeffingoff! WHO KNOWS??

"We just promised it would be signed." Lawyer for B&N.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I believe B&N told Harris, "Put the pen on the page or it gets the hose again".

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I'm wondering if Harris agreed to do this on the condition that there wouldn't be too many to sign, and that's why B&N hasn't been promoting this. If not for Ron, I still wouldn't have a clue that this was available. As opposed to the Ric Flair/Charlotte Flair signed copy that I bought from B&N a few years back, where I must have seen it promoted in numerous e-mail blasts for weeks on end.

(As for autopen, I have a buttload of Stephen King limited editions, and the signature is the same, to a T, on all of them. You can't convince me that King isn't using an autopen....)

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Seems crazy they wouldn't promote something like that. Especially if they're trying to compete with Amazon.

I'll take Ron's advice and relax and trust that the signatures are not facsimiles or autopen incarnations. I'm not risking all that much money anyway. The reward is much greater than the risk and I'm very glad you shared this with us here, Ron!
    Amen!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Seems crazy they wouldn't promote something like that. Especially if they're trying to compete with Amazon.

I'll take Ron's advice and relax and trust that the signatures are not facsimiles or autopen incarnations. I'm not risking all that much money anyway. The reward is much greater than the risk and I'm very glad you shared this with us here, Ron!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I finally saw it in a newsletter from them yesterday I believe it was. It wasn't promoted and was just listed among all the other books. I could have easily missed it had I not been looking for it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet, Jeff ...it was just someone spouting off a personal theory/guess that is as easily discounted as it is believed. I’m going with legit until proven otherwise...I don’t think B&N is pulling a scam.

I suspect the whole issue r.e. remaining copies is that it has not been promoted…I’m on Barnes & Noble‘s email list, and I have not seen any promotion of this signed title at all, not once. I only found out from another poster at TDT.org. If not for him, I wouldn’t have my copy and I wouldn’t have been able to notify everyone here who then got copies.

Stay positive and don’t let conspiratorial theories of some lone guy who has no more knowledge of the issue than you or me unsettle you...I really think we’re fine and it’ll be as advertised. If not, B&N will have a lot of returns and bad publicity on their hands, and they don’t want that.
    Often with the signed copies the quantities are split between large retailers. I have looked for signed copies at Powell's, Books a Million and others and found no evidence. I am assuming B&N paid a premium to get all signed copies. Coupled with the previously noted non-promotion the fact they have not sold makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X