Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    The owl is really cool. Hopefully I will get my copy today!
    Still no book for me. Tracking appears to show my book taking a little vacation in Fife, maybe it is looking to buy a mobile home, before taking the trip south to see me. Tracking still shows an estimated delivery of last Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The owl is really cool. Hopefully I will get my copy today!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    A rarity for sure I'm thinking. Mine arrived on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
    Here's the doodled copy I received.
    I checked mine and alas, no owl anywhere. That is beyond cool!!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Here's the doodled copy I received.
    That is exceptionally cool! Congrats! I wonder if there are others?

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied
    thumbnail_20190528_090909.jpg Here's the doodled copy I received.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Mine was slated to arrive on Saturday. It did not.

Now it appears that it should be delivered today.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I still do not have my book. The estimated delivery remains last Saturday and when last scanned it was in Fife which is a good 140 miles from me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I still do not have my book. The estimated delivery remains last Saturday and when last scanned it was in Fife which is a good 140 miles from me.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied
    Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw it. It's a simple picture of an owl in the upper right corner above the signature and I guess you can call it a doodle or remarque. Whenever I figure out how to post the picture of it here I will.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my copies yesterday and one has a remarque. I'd have to believe these are authentic signatures. I'd post a picture but not sure how.
    I would love to see the Remarque. I do have not heard of anything other than a signature up to now.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied
    Received my copies yesterday and one has a remarque. I'd have to believe these are authentic signatures. I'd post a picture but not sure how.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link, Ron. I finally got around to reading it today after my copy of the book arrived. Fascinating stuff....he seems like a really nice guy. And he doesn't rule out revisiting Hannibal in the future. Probably won't happen, but....you never know.
    If it helps, there is a paragraph in the new book that will make you think of Mr. Lector.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Got mine today. Looks largely the same. The H and I are a little different. My vote is real.
    Looks like mine has the longest line for H, goes all the way to S.
    Last edited by saginawhorror; 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link, Ron. I finally got around to reading it today after my copy of the book arrived. Fascinating stuff....he seems like a really nice guy. And he doesn't rule out revisiting Hannibal in the future. Probably won't happen, but....you never know.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    My copy just arrived. I must say that it is a very nice book for a trade edition, and the signature makes it well worth the price even if the story is "meh". (I haven't read it yet, so I can't say.) I almost looks like he signed these with some kind of fountain pen.
    Yes, Harris has very nice, precise cursive handwriting. He did an inscription in my 1st HC of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and all his writing is like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X