X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has received their copy of the limited edition from SubPress yet. If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on the design of the book. I received my copy yesterday and, sad to say, this is one of the very few times that I have been disappointed in a SubPress book. While I like the cover art and production within the book, I am very disappointed by the size/design of the book itself. The book and slipcase are very wide/long instead of tall making for an oddly shaped book. Just flipping through it felt weird due to the size and it sticks out from the shelf big-time. Wish they would have went with the standard length/height of a traditional release or made it oversized instead of making it small and long. Also wish they would have listed this design oddity/feature in their product description, especially with the high price-point of this book. I assumed that it would be in line with the size of their previous Joe Hill releases; however, this one is an oddity when placed next to those. Perhaps there will be people that dig this design feature, but, for me, it just doesn't work.
    I'm not sure where I read it if it wasn't the book description (and, you're right, I just checked and I don't see it indicated), but I was aware of the odd square'ish design of this book, so it was mentioned somewhere...sure wish I could remember where. I can see how that size could be a somewhat unpleasant surprise if you weren't expecting it, since it is so atypical.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has received their copy of the limited edition from SubPress yet. If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on the design of the book. I received my copy yesterday and, sad to say, this is one of the very few times that I have been disappointed in a SubPress book. While I like the cover art and production within the book, I am very disappointed by the size/design of the book itself. The book and slipcase are very wide/long instead of tall making for an oddly shaped book. Just flipping through it felt weird due to the size and it sticks out from the shelf big-time. Wish they would have went with the standard length/height of a traditional release or made it oversized instead of making it small and long. Also wish they would have listed this design oddity/feature in their product description, especially with the high price-point of this book. I assumed that it would be in line with the size of their previous Joe Hill releases; however, this one is an oddity when placed next to those. Perhaps there will be people that dig this design feature, but, for me, it just doesn't work.
    I don't have my book yet but did get a chance to check out a friend's copy who I'm currently safekeeping. I really like the design and my bookcases are deep enough to accommodate it. I like the oddity that makes it different. Agreed they should have listed the specs for those that this design may not appeal to.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Well, my copy arrived today...if I'd only exercised another day of patience, I could have avoided bothering Goldsboro with an email...oh well. Looks great (and they matched my Goldsboro copy of THE FIREMAN as requested)...look forward to starting it very soon.

Today was quite the Mail Day, as it turned out...not only did I have a box from Goldsboro, but I had two other large boxes with books in them. Haven't had a day where three -- count 'em, three -- boxes showed up all on the same day. The USPS parcel box was *stuffed* with boxes like a game of Jenga!

Will be posting pics of all three over the next three days on Twitter.
    Glad it arrived and curious as to what the other gets are.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well, my copy arrived today...if I'd only exercised another day of patience, I could have avoided bothering Goldsboro with an email...oh well. Looks great (and they matched my Goldsboro copy of THE FIREMAN as requested)...look forward to starting it very soon.

Today was quite the Mail Day, as it turned out...not only did I have a box from Goldsboro, but I had two other large boxes with books in them. Haven't had a day where three -- count 'em, three -- boxes showed up all on the same day. The USPS parcel box was *stuffed* with boxes like a game of Jenga!

Sounds like a great day!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I do not recall prior shipments from them taking almost a month from the processing email to delivery. Of course I am old and can't remember what I had for breakfast so they may have. If tracking was available it would help. Royal Mail is very inexpensive but I have had shipments from England arrive as quick as a local order and take a long time.
    Nor have I; the time between is typically short. That’s why I assumed when I saw the processing email that it would be in my hands within a couple of weeks. But that didn’t happen this time, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I received mine yesterday and it matches my The Fireman number as requested.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    I have ordered from Goldsboro before..it takes ages and ages to arrive. They possibly use the cheapest option to ship and i usually forget about it and suddenly something arrives. Never had a missing book though.
    I do not recall prior shipments from them taking almost a month from the processing email to delivery. Of course I am old and can't remember what I had for breakfast so they may have. If tracking was available it would help. Royal Mail is very inexpensive but I have had shipments from England arrive as quick as a local order and take a long time.

Leave a comment:

• WebInterceptor
    replied
    Just to clarify: my email also talked about the order being processed, it wasn’t actually a shipping notification as I’d thought/indicated earlier, though it did state that it would be shipping shortly. Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Haven’t heard back on yesterday’s email query.
    I have ordered from Goldsboro before..it takes ages and ages to arrive. They possibly use the cheapest option to ship and i usually forget about it and suddenly something arrives. Never had a missing book though.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Just to clarify: my email also talked about the order being processed, it wasn’t actually a shipping notification as I’d thought/indicated earlier, though it did state that it would be shipping shortly. Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Haven’t heard back on yesterday’s email query.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 11-16-2019, 08:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Not exactly. I received an email on October 19th that said 'Your order placed on August 5th had been processed.'

Martin
    I received something of that affect also. Then received a followup email confirming my address. Nothing since.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Did you ever receive a shipping notice, Martin?
    Not exactly. I received an email on October 19th that said 'Your order placed on August 5th had been processed.'

Martin

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Received my Goldsboro copy of Full Throttle!
    Did you ever receive a shipping notice, Martin?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The

Woohoo, just received shipping notification!
    Still waiting for mine. Just sent Goldsboro an email to doublecheck and see if it was truly sent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X