X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Except now I'm trying to figure out the convoluted Kickstarter campaign inclusion in the sale and the hoops I have to jump through in order to give him my money. I suppose it's worth it to get half off, but, jeez, what an unnecessary hassle. Plus, I see a notation that it won't ship until December 9...?

I don't know...I couldn't click it fast enough when I saw the email, but now I'm weighing whether it's worth the trouble. Interesting way to buzz-kill your own sale...contrast that to Earthling's email where a quick email to him instantly secured me a copy from his sale.

EDIT:
    Also: If you pledge to a Kickstarter and do so with the selection of doing so without a reward (as instructed), is your purchase insured/covered by your credit card, since there it's both a Kickstarter and you've indicated you've contributed without an expectation of a reward/merchandise?
    I didn't look into it beyond 50% off everything available on the website. I didn't realize it was so convoluted. If OFFSPRING was part of the sale (I assumed it wasn't since it's only available on Kickstarter) I would have investigated.

And yeah, the difference with Earthling is stark. Chris needs to make things easier for his customers.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Except now I'm trying to figure out the convoluted Kickstarter campaign inclusion in the sale and the hoops I have to jump through in order to give him my money. I suppose it's worth it to get half off, but, jeez, what an unnecessary hassle. Plus, I see a notation that it won't ship until December 9...?

I don't know...I couldn't click it fast enough when I saw the email, but now I'm weighing whether it's worth the trouble. Interesting way to buzz-kill your own sale...contrast that to Earthling's email where a quick email to him instantly secured me a copy from his sale.

EDIT: Also: If you pledge to a Kickstarter and do so with the selection of doing so without a reward (as instructed), is your purchase insured/covered by your credit card, since there it's both a Kickstarter and you've indicated you've contributed without an expectation of a reward/merchandise? Add to that Kickstarter apparently only charges the card if the drive is successful on 11/4...if it's not, then is my Halloween Sale purchase not processed?

I woke up inexplicably cranky this morning; this didn't help. More I think about it, will probably pass.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 10-26-2018, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Did you also see the email from Paul Miller today? The sale on all the remaining in stock Halloween series books?
    I did get that email.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I came here to say the same thing.
    Did you also see the email from Paul Miller today? The sale on all the remaining in stock Halloween series books?

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I came here to say the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I didn't get the Earthling email, either, but that's okay...I'm afraid I wasn't much of a fan of GOBLIN, and, in fact, sold my S/L HC of it shortly after I (tried to) read it.

That said, I can't get that damn Dark Regions edition of BIRD BOX out of my head...just love that cover art, and I do feel like I didn't give it much of a chance when I tried reading it before (but gave up shortly after starting). Kind of waiting to see if Dark Regions will do a sale on it at some point soon...looks like half the print-run is still unsold.

Anyhow, sorry for the thread drift...hope those who want the deluxe edition of GOBLIN get one.
    Ask and ye shall receive: https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/h...her-publishers

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I didn't get the Earthling email, either, but that's okay...I'm afraid I wasn't much of a fan of GOBLIN, and, in fact, sold my S/L HC of it shortly after I (tried to) read it.

That said, I can't get that damn Dark Regions edition of BIRD BOX out of my head...just love that cover art, and I do feel like I didn't give it much of a chance when I tried reading it before (but gave up shortly after starting). Kind of waiting to see if Dark Regions will do a sale on it at some point soon...looks like half the print-run is still unsold.

Anyhow, sorry for the thread drift...hope those who want the deluxe edition of GOBLIN get one.
    Dark Regions does a lot of sales so I'd be surprised if you can't get one on discount eventually.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I got my response from Paul at Earthling, which was SUPER fast by the way. I inquired about Motherless Child, Good Girls, and Goblin lettered editions and he stated there has been no movement on any of these titles at this time. So I'm curious as to what was offered in the email yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah. And I inquired way back before the numbered edition was even published. But I’m sure there are 14 more loyal customers than me.
    Keep your head up, Jeff. Maybe we'll get lucky and some of the first wave people will pass.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I also did not get an email. This does sound like the lettered edition though. I sent an email inquiring about Goblin along with a couple of other lettered editions I was put on the list for. I hope I didn't miss out...

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I assume it is the lettered. If you go to the website there is a spot to inquire about the lettered. I also did not get the above mentioned email.
    Yeah. And I inquired way back before the numbered edition was even published. But I’m sure there are 14 more loyal customers than me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I assume it is the lettered. If you go to the website there is a spot to inquire about the lettered. I also did not get the above mentioned email.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    And if it is the lettered I’ll be bummed that I wasn’t offered a chance to buy one.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    A special edition of a special edition? I think my regular special edition is fine for me.

Am curious about the difference though. For scientific purposes of course.
    It’s probably the lettered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X