Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I picked it up too. If I don't like it, jeffingoff may be unboxing a pig's head one of these days

After Paul announced the Christmas gift, I went back and counted my book purchases for the year and realized that The Butcher Boy would be # 9. Those enticing copies of Hex were still available, so I bought one to give me ten books for the year.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Once again looks like a great edition. This book has never been on my radar so I'm going to pass. I'm really happy for Jeff, though!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron.
    We’ll always have THE ROAD as a point of agreement, Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I had a hunch this one would be coming eventually. I also have a hunch that the lettered edition will be gifted to Jeff a la Red Dragon. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron. I can see why it gets compared to The Wasp Factory but it is very different. Butcher boy is more lyrical and manic. Not as bizarre. I did love Wasp Factory too.

I hope you love BB, Martin. I wouldn't watch either interview I did for The Butcher Boy (McCabe or Lupton) because both contain spoilers.
    Spoilers do not bother me. Hell, I will forget them by the time I read the book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X