• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron. I can see why it gets compared to The Wasp Factory but it is very different. Butcher boy is more lyrical and manic. Not as bizarre. I did love Wasp Factory too.

I hope you love BB, Martin. I wouldn't watch either interview I did for The Butcher Boy (McCabe or Lupton) because both contain spoilers.
    Spoilers do not bother me. Hell, I will forget them by the time I read the book.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron. I can see why it gets compared to The Wasp Factory but it is very different. Butcher boy is more lyrical and manic. Not as bizarre. I did love Wasp Factory too.

I hope you love BB, Martin. I wouldn't watch either interview I did for The Butcher Boy (McCabe or Lupton) because both contain spoilers.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I do plan to pass as my earlier attempt at reading this a decade or so ago didn't work, and since I'm trying to impose some sort of sanity and cost-control on this hobby of mine I have to pass on DNF books. Maybe now older and wiser I'd appreciate the book more, I don't know. It gets compared often to Banks' THE WASP FACTORY, and I thought that book was great, so <shrug>.

I almost feel like congratulating you, jeffingoff , on the release...that's got to feel exciting to see one's favorite (of two) book being given the deluxe treatment. Good luck convincing Producer Jill to let you pursue a lettered. Okay, off to watch your interview with McCabe...I'm sure it'll be great.
    I do consider this the Jeff Terry book. The story interests me but I have never read it. I will read it when I receive the Suntup Artist edition. If I do not like it, I will know who to blame. I have one more meeting today and then I will check out Jeff's interview.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

The artwork is perfect for this book! AND the artist is open to doing remarques!
    I do plan to pass as my earlier attempt at reading this a decade or so ago didn't work, and since I'm trying to impose some sort of sanity and cost-control on this hobby of mine I have to pass on DNF books. Maybe now older and wiser I'd appreciate the book more, I don't know. It gets compared often to Banks' THE WASP FACTORY, and I thought that book was great, so <shrug>.

I almost feel like congratulating you, jeffingoff , on the release...that's got to feel exciting to see one's favorite (of two) book being given the deluxe treatment. Good luck convincing Producer Jill to let you pursue a lettered. Okay, off to watch your interview with McCabe...I'm sure it'll be great.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Well I really like the artwork. I think it is phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X