Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Bought the Classic Edition due to FOMO and the 500 copy limitation. Passing on the numbered edition though, unless someone wants to buy it off of me for list price, which I don't think is going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It was a surprise. Super easy pass for me. I tried twice and could not get into this story at all.

This is going to sound horrible, but I've never read the book, only seen the movie which I really enjoyed.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It was a surprise. Super easy pass for me. I tried twice and could not get into this story at all.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Wow, secret book was Life of Pi. Wasn't expecting that! Unfortunately, I recently purchased a few other titles which will make me have to pass on this one, but I would love to find a copy on the aftermarket in the future!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Wow, secret book was Life of Pi. Wasn't expecting that! Unfortunately, I recently purchased a few other titles which will make me have to pass on this one, but I would love to find a copy on the aftermarket in the future!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    I ended up jumping at the MAGUS offer despite some underlying concerns. I had a nice tpb copy at one point but i haven't seen it in years. Storage, lost in a move? Who knows. But I put my money on Suntup being it's harshest critic and I finally received my copy yesterday. Honestly I don't remember their list of issues and concerns but so far I've seen absolutely nothing wrong...obviously I've got no doubt there's varying degrees of damage throughout the run but I'm ecstatic with what just might boil down to my good fortune and the luck of the draw

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Suntup is currently having a Dinged 50% sale on their remaining copies of The Magus!
    I saw that. The price is tempting, but my collector's OCD makes me adverse to adding dinged editions to my collection. If I got lucky and just got a book with a little rubbing, it probably wouldn't bother me, but dog-eared pages would not be my jam. For those that are okay with the condition, it makes a killer deal.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Suntup is currently having a Dinged 50% sale on their remaining copies of The Magus!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.
    I would love that choice as well! Have heard nothing but good things about the book; however, I've always avoided it as I've never been able to find/seen a hardcover version out in the wild, only the paperback version, and I don't buy paperback books any longer. This would finally give me a chance to read it!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.
    The numbered and lettered would be mind blowing to the say the least. Already out of my price range

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.
    That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.
    Never heard of this one, but it sounds VERY interesting.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    re: The Last Unicorn - didn't Paul announce that in some article he was interviewed for?

ETA: he did:
    unicorn.png
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 06-20-2023, 01:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.

September is The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Any guesses on the next Suntup titles? The clues have me totally stumped. Love seeing that all will be signed by authors.

1) JULY- No Clues were given

2) AUGUST- This book about a book is the author’s debut novel, a dark and twisted fantasy that has been praised by the likes of Diana Gabaldon. This is the first signed limited edition of the novel.

3) SEPTEMBER- One of the most enduring fantasy novels of the 20th century, the lead character embarks upon a quest to find out what happened to her kind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X