Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    What's the title today?

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I finally read it a few months ago. It's a terrific read and goes to show how faithful of an adaptation the film was!
    I read it years ago, only because I liked the film(s) so much, and the thing that I remember most (besides really enjoying it as a story) is that there was interesting back story to the Al Neri character (played so mysteriously by the late Richard Bright in all three films), as a NY Police Officer that didn't really make it into the films. That character is such a constant, quiet, loyal presence to Michael Corleone that it was neat to get his backstory. I remember (at the time) of enjoying other things that filled in story from the films but can't recall them now. Good to know Suntup's edition is another pleasing one. I'm gonna stick with my grandmother's old BOMC, jacketless, well-read copy, as I may only ever read it once again, if even that.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received my AGE of "The Godfather". As usual, Suntup knocked it out of the park! I've never previously read "The Godfather" even though I have seen the movie a million times. One of those books that I have always meant to get around to eventually. Will be interesting to see if there are any unexpected differences. Â
    I finally read it a few months ago. It's a terrific read and goes to show how faithful of an adaptation the film was!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my AGE of "The Godfather". As usual, Suntup knocked it out of the park! I've never previously read "The Godfather" even though I have seen the movie a million times. One of those books that I have always meant to get around to eventually. Will be interesting to see if there are any unexpected differences.  

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Looks like it's down to its' last thirteen copies. Even though I didn't grab a copy, I do like the lower limitation of 500.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I'm okay without this one especially at that price point. I enjoyed the movie; have a nice pb copy. I'm good with that.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    They should have announced this book on March 14th.
    That should be the ship date

I passed on it. I remember trying to read it once and giving up on it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    They should have announced this book on March 14th.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I feel asleep trying to watch the movie. It didn't do anything for me.

This is going to sound horrible, but I've never read the book, only seen the movie which I really enjoyed.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

This is going to sound horrible, but I've never read the book, only seen the movie which I really enjoyed.
    Don't feel bad. I'm the same. I thought the movie was great, but to be honest, as much as I enjoyed it, the story doesn't compel to read the book.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Bought the Classic Edition due to FOMO and the 500 copy limitation. Passing on the numbered edition though, unless someone wants to buy it off of me for list price, which I don't think is going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It was a surprise. Super easy pass for me. I tried twice and could not get into this story at all.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It was a surprise. Super easy pass for me. I tried twice and could not get into this story at all.

Wow, secret book was Life of Pi. Wasn't expecting that! Unfortunately, I recently purchased a few other titles which will make me have to pass on this one, but I would love to find a copy on the aftermarket in the future!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Wow, secret book was Life of Pi. Wasn't expecting that! Unfortunately, I recently purchased a few other titles which will make me have to pass on this one, but I would love to find a copy on the aftermarket in the future!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    I ended up jumping at the MAGUS offer despite some underlying concerns. I had a nice tpb copy at one point but i haven't seen it in years. Storage, lost in a move? Who knows. But I put my money on Suntup being it's harshest critic and I finally received my copy yesterday. Honestly I don't remember their list of issues and concerns but so far I've seen absolutely nothing wrong...obviously I've got no doubt there's varying degrees of damage throughout the run but I'm ecstatic with what just might boil down to my good fortune and the luck of the draw

Leave a comment:

Working...
X