Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jigertz View Post
    Is there any idea of how many limited editions are available after the pre-sale window opened? I need to ask a friend to try and order one for me on Sunday because I'll be on vacation and away from any kind of connections (which is how I missed out on Misery in the spring and do not want to let another of these beautiful editions pass me by), and I'm wondering if there is even a chance of snagging one.

    I hope that my vacation schedule doesn't keep coinciding with Suntup releases--you just can't depend on being connected anywhere in southeast Asia!
    Can't say for sure but there are 65 more copies of Horns being produced than Haunting of Hill House. That means after lifetime subscribers and those with right of first refusal there are still 65 to sell. I assume that not every purchaser of Hill House will but Horns but have no way to quantify that so I will pick a random number. Say 5% of those with right of first refusal opt to not purchase Horns that puts an additional 9 into the open sale. So your chance are not horrible. Good luck!

    Comment


      I have my order in for my #19 and a gift edition.

      I have a feeling that Suntup books will hold their value. Paul's rebound books' value has exceeded all expectations. So has Misery.

      I own the PS limited editions. While they are nice books they don't even approximate a Suntup edition.
      Last edited by Br!an; 09-29-2018, 05:34 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Can't say for sure but there are 65 more copies of Horns being produced than Haunting of Hill House. That means after lifetime subscribers and those with right of first refusal there are still 65 to sell. I assume that not every purchaser of Hill House will but Horns but have no way to quantify that so I will pick a random number. Say 5% of those with right of first refusal opt to not purchase Horns that puts an additional 9 into the open sale. So your chance are not horrible. Good luck!
        AND itís a pricey book. So the competition wonít be as overwhelming. The number of buyers at this level is simply smaller than it would be for a cheaper edition.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          AND it’s a pricey book. So the competition won’t be as overwhelming. The number of buyers at this level is simply smaller than it would be for a cheaper edition.
          While that's certainly true, there are plenty of people who can afford it. Especially with a 25% per month payment plan.

          Also, buying the limited edition gets you those future rights. Mmmmm, future rights.

          There are also plenty of book collectors who don't focus on King or Hill. They simply appreciate a nice book. They are becoming more aware of Suntup editions as well.

          The limited will sell out quickly on Sunday.

          The gift is dependent upon demand. I hope the limit is no more than the 1,250 of Misery and perhaps even less.
          Last edited by Br!an; 09-29-2018, 05:39 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Br!an View Post
            I have my order in for my #19 and a gift edition.

            I have a feeling that Suntup books will hold their value. Paul's rebound books' value has exceeded all expectations. So has Misery.

            I own the PS limited editions. While they are nice books they don't even approximate a Suntup edition.
            That's cool that you were able to score #19. I have no idea what my number will be until I receive HHH in December. I'm sure as hell going to sleep a lot better tonight knowing that I have a S/L in the bag. My anxiety would have been through the roof if I had to wait til morning to try and get an order in.

            A friend and I were discussing the future direction of Suntup and we both agree that each production is only going to keep getting better and better and probably more expensive as well. We're both on the non-King track but joked about being only able to afford AGEs in the future. I think Paul has it at the sweet spot as far as the limits on the numbered and lettered. I personally wouldn't mind the AGEs reaching upwards to 3,000 if the demand were there. At $85 per unit, that's a very reasonable price for your average everyday book fan or collector and they are still getting a helluva product at that price. These books are just too nice to not allow more folks to get their hands on one. Without having to pay the higher aftermarket prices.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              That's cool that you were able to score #19. I have no idea what my number will be until I receive HHH in December. I'm sure as hell going to sleep a lot better tonight knowing that I have a S/L in the bag. My anxiety would have been through the roof if I had to wait til morning to try and get an order in.

              A friend and I were discussing the future direction of Suntup and we both agree that each production is only going to keep getting better and better and probably more expensive as well. We're both on the non-King track but joked about being only able to afford AGEs in the future. I think Paul has it at the sweet spot as far as the limits on the numbered and lettered. I personally wouldn't mind the AGEs reaching upwards to 3,000 if the demand were there. At $85 per unit, that's a very reasonable price for your average everyday book fan or collector and they are still getting a helluva product at that price. These books are just too nice to not allow more folks to get their hands on one. Without having to pay the higher aftermarket prices.
              I was privileged to be the buyer for the rebound editions. When Paul announced The Eyes of the Dragon portfolio I requested #19. I was rather surprised to actually receive it though. I've maintained the number with Misery, The Haunting of Hill House and now Horns.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Br!an View Post
                I was privileged to be the buyer for the rebound editions. When Paul announced The Eyes of the Dragon portfolio I requested #19. I was rather surprised to actually receive it though. I've maintained the number with Misery, The Haunting of Hill House and now Horns.
                That's sweet, man! I was originally in on the ground floor for the rebound stuff but had to back out. That will always annoy me but it couldn't be helped at the time.

                I'm selfishly hoping Paul will add another 85 to the King track next time it comes around. I envy you that were able to get in on that.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Br!an View Post
                  While that's certainly true, there are plenty of people who can afford it. Especially with a 25% per month payment plan.

                  Also, buying the limited edition gets you those future rights. Mmmmm, future rights.

                  There are also plenty of book collectors who don't focus on King or Hill. They simply appreciate a nice book. They are becoming more aware of Suntup editions as well.

                  The limited will sell out quickly on Sunday.

                  The gift is dependent upon demand. I hope the limit is no more than the 1,250 of Misery and perhaps even less.
                  While I want Paul to make yacht-loads of money, I also selfishly want the AGE to have a print run of 500. I'm extremely jealous of your #19. I hope that makes you happy.

                  And I am undoubtedly a Suntup fan. If any other press had announced they were doing a limited of HORNS, at those prices, I probably would have passed. But I'm striving for a complete set of matching non-King numbered editions. It's exciting to be at the beginning of a press--especially when that press is producing such fantastic art.

                  Comment


                    Well I could not pass on this one. I purchased a limited today. This now provides me with right of first approval for Suntup books in the King track and the non-King track. Paul, please take you time in announcing your next book, you are killing by book budget!

                    With that said I am thrilled to be adding this one to my collection!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Well I could not pass on this one. I purchased a limited today. This now provides me with right of first approval for Suntup books in the King track and the non-King track. Paul, please take you time in announcing your next book, you are killing by book budget!

                      With that said I am thrilled to be adding this one to my collection!
                      Congrats, Martin and welcome to the non-King track!

                      Comment


                        Congrats!

                        I got a copy yesterday through an arrangement I made with a buddy of mine. Summer 2019 is going to take forever to get here.

                        Comment


                          I think I’m passing. The editions all look gorgeous—especially that lettered! Dear lord, I love that design!—and I’m glad that we have another publisher producing limited edition, but HORNS is not my favorite Hill book and $675 for a book I don’t LOVE is a little tough for me to justify. I am a little torn as I’d like to get on the Suntup train. Maybe an AGE for me...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Congrats!

                            I got a copy yesterday through an arrangement I made with a buddy of mine. Summer 2019 is going to take forever to get here.
                            Congrats, Jason!

                            Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            I think I’m passing. The editions all look gorgeous—especially that lettered! Dear lord, I love that design!—and I’m glad that we have another publisher producing limited edition, but HORNS is not my favorite Hill book and $675 for a book I don’t LOVE is a little tough for me to justify. I am a little torn as I’d like to get on the Suntup train. Maybe an AGE for me...
                            That would be tough for me also, Keith if it weren't a favorite book. The AGE is still nothing to shake a stick at. I'm very happy with my Misery AGE.

                            Comment


                              I ordered my AGE through Camelot. Kim doesn't charge you for it until she ships if that's a better option for some.

                              Comment


                                I just bought the AGE. I reread the book on Friday to see if I still liked it enough to buy another copy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X