Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    This is a definite pass for me. No interest in this at all.
    Will pass on this as well. I need to be familiar with the book to justify the purchase (E.g. misery, red dragon).

Comment

Anyone who wants BiblioMysteries needs to be there the moment the public presale opens. There are fewer copies available than any other Suntup release that I've watched. Right now, there are only 33. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go down to 25 by 9amPST. The Lottery had 47 copies available and it sold out in 22 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
        Oh, cool. I was aware of the individual MP Bibliomysteries volumes (I was lucky to grab a HC of Lansdale's Hoodoo Harry before it disappeared), but was not aware of the collections. Thanks.
        I'm still bummed about my experience with the Lansdale one. Ordered a numbered version direct from Mysterious Press and just figured their books were like CD's or SubPress's - where you wait months (maybe for years) before they arrive. But then I saw a lettered copy show up on eBay, so I reached out to MP about when I should see the numbered version. Crickets. Emailed again. Crickets. Emailed a different email address - they called me. They couldn't figure out why I was asking about a book a year later but they verified they never sent me one and they had no idea. Unfortunately they were sold by then, but refunded all of my money, and sent me a free paperback copy.

Eventually I found a HC numbered on eBay (probably overpaid but I had to have it.) While MP made everything right, it was still a bummer.

Comment

There were 28 available and they were all gone in 3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            There were 28 available and they were all gone in 3 minutes.
            I bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I bought one.
              CONGRATS! You must have the best internet connection in the world! You got the numbered Misery in under 2 minutes and this one in under 3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                CONGRATS! You must have the best internet connection in the world! You got the numbered Misery in under 2 minutes and this one in under 3!!!
                I do have very fast internet speed but never bothered to check it before now. So I looked on the internet, of course, and it says the average download speed in the US is 34MBPS. I checked mine and it came back as 344.78. If I remember correctly comcast lists our area at 350MBPS so I am right inline at what they say I should be.

Comment

Paul Suntup is certainly making some unusual choices lately for the books he wants to publish. While I like The Mysterious Bookshop this latest Suntup title had zero appeal for me.

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                    Paul Suntup is certainly making some unusual choices lately for the books he wants to publish. While I like The Mysterious Bookshop this latest Suntup title had zero appeal for me.

Cap
                    Honestly I think the only reason this one sold out so fast is so people can get the next book which is rumored to be signed by King.

Also even though the public saw said limit one copy, the private presale was limit 2, AND I know a few people who bought two during the private and one during the public. Limits? What limits?

Comment

As usual, I momentarily debated picking this up and ultimately passed. I thought the book choice was interesting and while the art style is not my favorite, I was more ambivalent about it overall. I’ve decided that’s my overall approach to art: 5% of art that I love, 2% that I actively dislike, and 93% ambivalent towards, with it making no impact at all.

I’ve struggled to figure out exactly what holds me back from all of these Suntup books with some being downright favorites and I’ve settled on the fact that even though they are beautiful editions, the limited editions are always priced at about double what I’d be will to pay. I AM LEGEND limited priced at $350, sure. Priced at $695? Pass. The new title at $375? No, but at $175-ish, yes. Mind that I’m solely talking about price point and wouldn’t expect the same materials at the lower price points. Just can’t justify the price points at my interest level. I’ve become much of a Centipede Press fanboy at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        Honestly I think the only reason this one sold out so fast is so people can get the next book which is rumored to be signed by King.

Also even though the public saw said limit one copy, the private presale was limit 2, AND I know a few people who bought two during the private and one during the public. Limits? What limits?
                        I am sure that was a factor but I suspect more people were in my camp. Intrigued enough to be willing to pay the price being asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’ve struggled to figure out exactly what holds me back from all of these Suntup books with some being downright favorites and I’ve settled on the fact that even though they are beautiful editions, the limited editions are always priced at about double what I’d be will to pay. I AM LEGEND limited priced at $350, sure. Priced at $695? Pass. The new title at $375? No, but at $175-ish, yes. Mind that I’m solely talking about price point and wouldn’t expect the same materials at the lower price points. Just can’t justify the price points at my interest level. I’ve become much of a Centipede Press fanboy at this point.
                          I think that’s exactly where I am as well. I also just prefer the pricing, design aesthetics & final appearances (and editorial choices, generally speaking) of Centipede more than Suntup, and know there’s no way that I can afford to support both presses in any meaningful way. I’ll pick up an Artist / Gift Edition from Suntup from time to time, but that’s very likely the extent of my involvement moving forward.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Described very well. That is how I feel in regards to pricing.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            As usual, I momentarily debated picking this up and ultimately passed. I thought the book choice was interesting and while the art style is not my favorite, I was more ambivalent about it overall. I’ve decided that’s my overall approach to art: 5% of art that I love, 2% that I actively dislike, and 93% ambivalent towards, with it making no impact at all.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I just got my shipping notice for the I Am legend AGE. This will be my first Suntup book. Kind of excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                                I just got my shipping notice for the I Am legend AGE. This will be my first Suntup book. Kind of excited!
                                You won't be disappointed. Paul's AGE's are the best deal going for the quality you receive.

Comment

Working...
                                X