Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am dead center on that fence at the moment. If I am being completely honest when I find myself in this position I purchase the book more often than I pass. I would have much rather he had an offer that did not interest me but no such luck this time.
    "On the fence" usually means "Buying the book" for me as well. If I'm not interested I stay not interested. A no is a no. A maybe is a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      "On the fence" usually means "Buying the book" for me as well. If I'm not interested I stay not interested. A no is a no. A maybe is a yes.
      I'm usually all in or no. The fence rarely comes into play for me.

Comment

Bought it within a heartbeat! I like me some mystery stories and it is one of their more affordable titles.

Also, Jeff, did Ten Word Tragedies finally arrive??

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I’m fine with the (expanded) trade HCs I have. Great to see them expand into this new genre, but this one isn’t in the cards for me.
          Hey Ron, what do you mean by "expanded trade HC's"? I was under the impression that this was a new collection (albeit, of reprint stories)...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            Bought it within a heartbeat! I like me some mystery stories and it is one of their more affordable titles.

Also, Jeff, did Ten Word Tragedies finally arrive??
            Yep. Already up on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              Hey Ron, what do you mean by "expanded trade HC's"? I was under the impression that this was a new collection (albeit, of reprint stories)...
              There are two very thick hardcover volumes, comprising all the individual small paperbacks that Mysterious Books/Press regularly prints. I’m not sure how many are in each volume, but it’s probably close to a dozen.
              BABB1909-3FA6-4210-B08F-C44235BAE3E8.jpeg
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                There are two very thick hardcover volumes, comprising all the individual small paperbacks that Mysterious Books/Press regularly prints. I’m not sure how many are in each volume, but it’s probably close to a dozen.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]22145[/ATTACH]
                Oh, cool. I was aware of the individual MP Bibliomysteries volumes (I was lucky to grab a HC of Lansdale's Hoodoo Harry before it disappeared), but was not aware of the collections. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                  Oh, cool. I was aware of the individual MP Bibliomysteries volumes (I was lucky to grab a HC of Lansdale's Hoodoo Harry before it disappeared), but was not aware of the collections. Thanks.
                  I only have two or three of the individual paperbacks myself, and coincidentally enough (though probably not surprising to either of us) Lansdale's HOODOO HARRY is one of them. The two omnibus volumes make for great reading, and these days can be found pretty cheap at the usual secondhand sources...I think I got my Vol. 1 for four or five bucks.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think I should self ban for this thread. I always feel like the Debbie Downer. Price is not right and again I don't like the art.

giphy.jpg
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This is a definite pass for me. No interest in this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        I think I should self ban for this thread. I always feel like the Debbie Downer. Price is not right and again I don't like the art.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22146[/ATTACH]
                        If I may ask, why do you feel the price is not right?

I only ask because from a price-per-signature standpoint, this title is technically the most cost efficient.

Comment

I'm a casual collector and almost never a reseller. I didn't mean to comment on the price overall. I only meant to comment on the price in regards to my means. Hopefully that makes sense.

I don't really read these authors and certainly do not know the market for their signatures.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                          If I may ask, why do you feel the price is not right?

I only ask because from a price-per-signature standpoint, this title is technically the most cost efficient.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22146[/ATTACH]
                            I don't think you're a downer at all! I love hearing different opinions. It's not helpful and pretty boring when everyone thinks the same thing. I never in a million years thought that I'd consider $375 as an affordable edition! I remember when SubPress did Swan Song--a book I adore--and I was tempted to get the lettered edition but thought "no way I can afford $400!" I remember sweating as I bought DRP's lettered Off Season--another book I adore--for $275. So I totally get where you're coming from. I've adjusted my spending to accommodate these purchases (no more expensive stouts, eating cheap lunches, resisting impulse buys from some publishers, and with this lockdown I'm saving $180 a month on train tickets). So I get it. And I'd hate for contrary opinions to be silenced. Really. There's nothing worse.

But seriously, man, how can you not like that art??? Are you visually impaired?? What's wrong with you??! (I hope you know I'm kidding! If not, I want you to know I'm kidding). The art is stunning though.

Comment

In regards to the art there is something not appealing to me. Straight lines and the symmetry of it isn't visually attractive. I do like the colors.

Not sure how else to describe it. I'm not sure, generally speaking, that I like that style of artwork.

I like flowing lines, movement, and seeing facial features. I think from this art that the artist is trying to create those things with colors and "lighting" but I'm not feeling it.

Comment

In regards to the art there is something not appealing to me. Straight lines and the symmetry of it isn't visually attractive. I do like the colors.

Not sure how else to describe it. I'm not sure, generally speaking, that I like that style of artwork.

I like flowing lines, movement, and seeing facial features. I think from this art that the artist is trying to create those things with colors and "lighting" but I'm not feeling it.
                                The only art in a Suntup book that I haven't been wild about was the art for Hill House. Stylistically, it fit the work, but I don't think it connected with me the way all he other art has--Brother, Red Dragon, MISERY!, BiblioMysteries, ROSEMARY'S BABY!, THE ROAD!--such exceptional stuff.

It's interesting to hear you articulate what you respond to with art. I don't think I could point to any style or composition that summarizes what I like. I'm very open minded when it comes to visual art. I love craziness like the SubPress Silence of the Lambs and I love the more editorial style of the work in BiblioMysteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X