No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applaud Paul for developing and fostering a devoted and enthusiastic collector's market for his product, and wish him all the best on this one. It's not one I'll be picking up, but I understand the passion of those who choose to do so.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Looks like I'll be jumping off here. Not really something I'm interested in but might have purchased via a payment plan. Not a CC guy so that pretty much killed it for me.

Comment

That's a LOT of money for a single short story.

Comment

Yep. The cool thing is that for people that can afford this they will have a great item. For me, just a regular schlub, it feels (to be honest) like a smack in the face to regular folks.

Of course I have always had an issue with Suntup, and their price point, so I think I am a bit jaded.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Had this been a story or author of significant importance to me I would not have had an issue with the price. The books I have purchased from Suntup have all been worth the price I paid. Congratulations to those who are purchasing this book. I have no doubt it will be a beautiful production. It is just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              It IS a lot of money for a single story, and this is easily the most money I've ever spent on a per page ratio.

Personally, I justify my purchase by my absolute love of the story. I was an English major and this was one of the two stories (the other being The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas by Ursula Le Guin) that absolutely stuck with me. To me, it isn't really about the page count. I just think that it'd be really cool to own a beautiful edition of this story.

But I fully understand any reluctance that people may have toward this release.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                It IS a lot of money for a single story, and this is easily the most money I've ever spent on a per page ratio.

Personally, I justify my purchase by my absolute love of the story. I was an English major and this was one of the two stories (the other being The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas by Ursula Le Guin) that absolutely stuck with me. To me, it isn't really about the page count. I just think that it'd be really cool to own a beautiful edition of this story.

But I fully understand any reluctance that people may have toward this release.
                I read The Lottery for 10th Grade English class. It made me go search out more of Ms. Jackson's work. The story is one of my favorite short stories. I u understand how people would want this edition but for myself as much as this story grabbed me and influenced my reading choices( it's up there with The Martian Chronicles and The Mist) I cannot justify this edition at this price.

Comment

Well, we're still in pre-sale status, and there are two unsold copies of the Lettered Edition and fifty-one of the Numbered Edition left.

I think that even if I decide not to keep this one, it won't be a problem to sell it at a good price, so it's not much of a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    Well, we're still in pre-sale status, and there are two unsold copies of the Lettered Edition and fifty-one of the Numbered Edition left.

I think that even if I decide not to keep this one, it won't be a problem to sell it at a good price, so it's not much of a risk.
                    Well.......The world is changing every day right now. Hopefully the risk is not too big at this time. I'm actually surprised how quickly this is selling. Goes to show I know nothing about book collecting. Even after 20 plus ago of being a serious collector.

Comment

I was actually going to pull the trigger after much thought but the numbered has sold out. Decision made for me.

Comment

The enthusiasm for the story makes me want to read. Maybe I will like it better than my prior two reads from this author.

Comment

I remember reading The Lottery in school (8th grade maybe) and enjoying it. Full disclosure - that was a long ass time ago.

The only other thing I’ve read is Hill House and was horribly disappointed in that.

All this talk about this story does make me want to read it again. And as we all know - it’s a super short story so it won’t take too long.

Comment

I cheated, googled the plot, and enjoyed it I basically already knew what it was about.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              I remember reading The Lottery in school (8th grade maybe) and enjoying it. Full disclosure - that was a long ass time ago.

The only other thing I’ve read is Hill House and was horribly disappointed in that.

All this talk about this story does make me want to read it again. And as we all know - it’s a super short story so it won’t take too long.
                              I've never read The Lottery, but I wasn't a fan of The Haunting of Hill House. I passed on that one from both Suntup and Centipede.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                                I've never read The Lottery, but I wasn't a fan of The Haunting of Hill House. I passed on that one from both Suntup and Centipede.
                                Really enjoyed it on Netflix but haven't gotten around to reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X