Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Preach it, brother!

I tend to work on the assumption that no day is guaranteed...if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, and my collection is inevitably scattered to the wind and the letter separated and lost, the last thing I want is a blank number space floating out in the collector community and and potentially screwing things up, or landing in the hands of a dishonest collector who tosses that letter with maniacal glee and puts a coveted number 1 in the blank space.

Do it for Paul, Jeff, or do it for yourself, but in either event do it for the collecting community, a motley crew who trusts you to do the right thing...but we’re not so sure about the next guy. :-/
    This.

Comment

Looks like the order page for the Well's books go live next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Looks like the order page for the Well's books go live next week.
        I'll have to ask in the TDT thread but looks like both books will be up for purchase. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          I'll have to ask in the TDT thread but looks like both books will be up for purchase. Ugh.
          Based on the email this morning both will go up for sale at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Based on the email this morning both will go up for sale at the same time.
            Yep. So glad I don't care for Well's stuff or next week would be very expensive

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Yep. So glad I don't care for Well's stuff or next week would be very expensive
              Plus RD was just released for pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Plus RD was just released for pre-order.
                I suspect a lot of Suntup completists will be scaling back on 2020.

Comment

I think that this was an inevitable. With the price point of their limited editions, if production ramps most people can't afford to stay on that ride for too long. That's not a bad thing, really. I think there will still be some completists, like there are with any small press publisher, but we'll see more and more people buying some books and not others. I think few publishers think their clientele will buy EVERYTHING.

And just for the record, still on the fence about RED DRAGON. I know. I suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I think that this was an inevitable. With the price point of their limited editions, if production ramps most people can't afford to stay on that ride for too long. That's not a bad thing, really. I think there will still be some completists, like there are with any small press publisher, but we'll see more and more people buying some books and not others. I think few publishers think their clientele will buy EVERYTHING.

And just for the record, still on the fence about RED DRAGON. I know. I suck.
                    Completely agree. Paul has been indicating a ramp up in production so I do not expect any of the current completists to be surprised.

Comment

Completely agree. Paul has been indicating a ramp up in production so I do not expect any of the current completists to be surprised.
                      Yeah, he'll shrug me off at some point again (after I got the lifeline on RB). but I plan on getting both Wells books.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Yeah, he'll shrug me off at some point again (after I got the lifeline on RB). but I plan on getting both Wells books.
                        Glad to hear it. That way you will not have to re-box your old Nocturnal boxes and re-unbox them anymore.

Comment

I passed on The Time Machine, but I’m seriously considering The Invisible Man.

Comment

Not sure I can make another payment plan work at the moment. Plus, I'm sure Brian will be announcing his next book soon and I can see Paul announcing another one pretty close to these as well.

Comment

Glad to hear it. That way you will not have to re-box your old Nocturnal boxes and re-unbox them anymore.
                              BUT it was fun doing a vacation unboxing.

Comment

BUT it was fun doing a vacation unboxing.
                                Should have had water in the hot tub though. Still clothed, don't need that visual to be any stronger, but water.

Comment

Working...
                                X