Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    It took me a while to break down and order Brother, but now that I've read it, I'm glad I did.

I had to put this one down a couple of times and walk away for a while. It's powerful, disturbing, and caught my attention from the beginning. Well worth a read.
    I think I can now claim to be the official only dude not to really care for it. Everyone else raves about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I think I can now claim to be the official only dude not to really care for it. Everyone else raves about it.
      I read some mixed reviews too, which is why it took me so long to order it.

Comment

This seems like a pretty good deal from Dark Regions Press:

Order Brother by Ania Ahlborn Signed & Numbered Slipcased Hardcover With Coupon Code DRAGON and Get Red Dragon Free!

*** Limited Special! *** Order Brother by Ania Ahlborn Signed & Numbered Slipcased Hardcover with Coupon Code DRAGON at Checkout and Get Red Dragon by Thomas Harris Artist Gift Edition as a Free Bonus With Your Order!

Limit 1 Per Customer/Household total for both Brother and Red Dragon including bonus copies.

https://darkregions.com/products/bro...cover-preorder

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          This seems like a pretty good deal from Dark Regions Press:

Order Brother by Ania Ahlborn Signed & Numbered Slipcased Hardcover With Coupon Code DRAGON and Get Red Dragon Free!

*** Limited Special! *** Order Brother by Ania Ahlborn Signed & Numbered Slipcased Hardcover with Coupon Code DRAGON at Checkout and Get Red Dragon by Thomas Harris Artist Gift Edition as a Free Bonus With Your Order!

Limit 1 Per Customer/Household total for both Brother and Red Dragon including bonus copies.

https://darkregions.com/products/bro...cover-preorder
          That's a fantastic offer.

Comment

I saw this offer as well. That is pretty darn nice.

As for Red Dragon, I passed on the limited, though I was VERY, VERY tempted. The price seemed reasonable considering Harris's signature and Suntup's quality. I just couldn't swing it with all the other purchases I've been making lately. I'm sure on my death bed my final words are going to be "Red Dragon"...

I don't know what it is about the Artist Editions that always make me hesitate. I passed on Misery and Horns because I don't really collect King and I didn't care much for that particular Hill book. I bought Rosemary's Baby and think the quality is fantastic, but have passed on I Am Legend even though I'm a HUGE Matheson fan and haven't pulled the trigger on Red Dragon though I'd like to read the book and the price is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I saw this offer as well. That is pretty darn nice.

As for Red Dragon, I passed on the limited, though I was VERY, VERY tempted. The price seemed reasonable considering Harris's signature and Suntup's quality. I just couldn't swing it with all the other purchases I've been making lately. I'm sure on my death bed my final words are going to be "Red Dragon"...

I don't know what it is about the Artist Editions that always make me hesitate. I passed on Misery and Horns because I don't really collect King and I didn't care much for that particular Hill book. I bought Rosemary's Baby and think the quality is fantastic, but have passed on I Am Legend even though I'm a HUGE Matheson fan and haven't pulled the trigger on Red Dragon though I'd like to read the book and the price is fantastic.
              I will probably never pass on a Suntup AGE. Even if he does an edition of The Cat in the Hat (actually that would be badass--so poor example in this case). The only reason I'd pass on a numbered would be price. But price is not a factor in the AGEs. And the quality is definitely there. Misery, Horns, and Rosemary's Baby are all fantastic. RB is the best, of course, but I have high hopes for I Am Legend and Red Dragon. And they hold their value even more than the numbered editions (percentage-wise, excluding Misery). It sounds like you are fighting against all the yeses Suntup throws at you!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                It sounds like you are fighting against all the yeses Suntup throws at you!
                THIS is very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  THIS is very true.
                  I'd say that of all purchases, Suntup is the safest. Because if you don't like the book, or regret buying it, you can always sell it for more than you paid. I can't tell you how much it pissed me off waiting two years for a pre-order and then after getting the book, seeing that it hasn't sold out and people are selling it on eBay for half of what I paid. I just felt stupid as well as angry. Never felt stupid or angry with Suntup. In fact that's the company tagline I've pitched to Paul.

Suntup. Or feel stupid and angry.

Comment

I will probably never pass on a Suntup AGE.
                    I heard a rumor that the next Suntup will be by Bentley Little...

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      I heard a rumor that the next Suntup will be by Bentley Little...
                      In that case, I'd choose love. I'd buy it to support the press and maintain my number (if it was priced around the same as Brother) and have as complete a set of AGEs as possible.

But then, after having it seated next to its siblings, I'd whisper to it every morning, "You're not worthy. You're nothing like your brothers and sisters. You'll never be worthy. Nothing you can do will change that because you are profoundly broken. I wish you were never born." And then I'd go about my day avoiding burnt Barbie dolls and women with transparent skin and children who shit gems and annoying mailmen who troll people to almost no consequence.

Comment

Yeah, I can see that. That's cool.

*slowly backs away from Jeff*

Comment

In that case, I'd choose love. I'd buy it to support the press and maintain my number (if it was priced around the same as Brother) and have as complete a set of AGEs as possible.

But then, after having it seated next to its siblings, I'd whisper to it every morning, "You're not worthy. You're nothing like your brothers and sisters. You'll never be worthy. Nothing you can do will change that because you are profoundly broken. I wish you were never born." And then I'd go about my day avoiding burnt Barbie dolls and women with transparent skin and children who shit gems and annoying mailmen who troll people to almost no consequence.

Comment

hahahahahahaha

Seriously it would break my heart. I'd feel personally betrayed. I'd run out into my backyard and scream up into the pouring rain, 'WHY PAUL?1 WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS THING?!" Lightning would photograph the anguish on my face. Thunder would respond to my pleas.

I'd collapse, broken and sodden.

There in the mud, I'd finally snap. I'd collect myself, enter the house, open the laptop and order every Bentley Little book CD has or ever will have and decide that I, too, must embrace the emptiness, the yawning chasm of words that define a Bentley Little experience.

Comment

...yawning chasm of words...
                              Sounds like an ex-girlfriend of mine.

Comment

hahahahahahaha

Seriously it would break my heart. I'd feel personally betrayed. I'd run out into my backyard and scream up into the pouring rain, 'WHY PAUL?1 WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS THING?!" Lightning would photograph the anguish on my face. Thunder would respond to my pleas.

I'd collapse, broken and sodden.

There in the mud, I'd finally snap. I'd collect myself, enter the house, open the laptop and order every Bentley Little book CD has or ever will have and decide that I, too, must embrace the emptiness, the yawning chasm of words that define a Bentley Little experience.
                                Now I have you as Tim Robbins in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X