Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    No dog in the fight of Bentley, I just like giving you a hard time about it lol. Have never read the man and probably never will. Although it would probably please Ron to a great degree
    Go forth and sin against Jeff, my son. It would please me greatly and, trusteth me, ye mightily. Amen.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Lmao Jeff has single handedly brought so much pain to Bentley little and the poor guy didn't even do anything. i can't even look at a Bentley little book now without associating Jeff to it.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
        Lmao Jeff has single handedly brought so much pain to Bentley little and the poor guy didn't even do anything. i can't even look at a Bentley little book now without associating Jeff to it.
        Right?!

Comment

It’s true. I keep finding myself having to include Bentley Little in anyway I can when Jeff speaks of books.

Comment

Maybe I'm secretly Bentley Little and this has all just been a marketing ploy. Or I'm doing research for my next book The Forum.

It is true that Mr. Little didn't do anything--just like all the characters in his books! Seriously, I wish Little the best. He's living his passion and for that, I have nothing but admiration and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              It’s true. I keep finding myself having to include Bentley Little in anyway I can when Jeff speaks of books.
              Interestingly, Little's writing style doesn't infuriate me like CJ Tudor's. I'm at the home stretch of THE HIDING PLACE and I'm finding it unreadable! Tudor has this style I call BEATING THE DEAD GODDAMNED HORSE where she'll write a thought and then write that same thought again with different words and then do it again and again. So it goes something like this:

I stepped into the fog and claustrophobia set in. Like the fog was a wispy wet cocoon. Like it was weaving around me. Like it had been there all the time waiting to embrace me. Like it was a a burial shroud for a half-living man. Like it was a ghostly constrictor ever tightening.

Even that is a weak attempt at capturing just how annoying it is. It feels like I'm reading a homework assignment from a kid who has no new ideas but absolutely needs to pad the essay to reach some arbitrary page limit. But I will finish this thing and then I'm thinking of selling a matching set of Tudor books.

So now you can think of Tudor AND Little when you think of me. Here's a mnemonic: Jeff lives in a Little Tudor House in Squalortown.

Comment

Just for the record I like the bit of Little that I've read.

Some of it is very odd but I like that that. Some interesting takes and perspectives in his work.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  Interestingly, Little's writing style doesn't infuriate me like CJ Tudor's. I'm at the home stretch of THE HIDING PLACE and I'm finding it unreadable! Tudor has this style I call BEATING THE DEAD GODDAMNED HORSE where she'll write a thought and then write that same thought again with different words and then do it again and again. So it goes something like this:

I stepped into the fog and claustrophobia set in. Like the fog was a wispy wet cocoon. Like it was weaving around me. Like it had been there all the time waiting to embrace me. Like it was a a burial shroud for a half-living man. Like it was a ghostly constrictor ever tightening.

Even that is a weak attempt at capturing just how annoying it is. It feels like I'm reading a homework assignment from a kid who has no new ideas but absolutely needs to pad the essay to reach some arbitrary page limit. But I will finish this thing and then I'm thinking of selling a matching set of Tudor books.

So now you can think of Tudor AND Little when you think of me. Here's a mnemonic: Jeff lives in a Little Tudor House in Squalortown.
                  Jeff lives in a Little Tudor House in Squalortown . Every day he goes to The Store where The Chalk Man cashes him out.He then goes home to his Hiding Place and waits for The Mailman to bring his monthly bill from The Association .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Jeff lives in a Little Tudor House in Squalortown . Every day he goes to The Store where The Chalk Man cashes him out.He then goes home to his Hiding Place and waits for The Mailman to bring his monthly bill from The Association .
                    So much personal trauma in that sentence--but brilliantly done! And this conversation is causing me to come to the realization that I'm a curmudgeon. I rant about the books I don't like when I should rave about the books I love.

I LOVED:
                    The Complete Borne
                    Brother
                    The Stand
                    It
                    The Road
                    Butcher Boy
                    The Listener
                    The Thicket
                    Horns
                    Haunting of Hill House

There, that feels better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Just for the record I like the bit of Little that I've read.

Some of it is very odd but I like that that. Some interesting takes and perspectives in his work.

Yeah, and I tried to get to that place, but I just fumed every step of the journey. I'm glad for the people who find the reward in his books. I wish I was among you.

Comment

From what I've read of his work, for me, it would be best described as fantastical. I had to take small bites of it but certainly understand where you are coming from.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Yeah, and I tried to get to that place, but I just fumed every step of the journey. I'm glad for the people who find the reward in his books. I wish I was among you.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The gift edition is enough for me I do like this book, so it'll be nice to have a good copy of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I am kind of hoping for something with a gift edition release that would be an easy pass for me at a limited level. I Am Legend would be an example. Didn't really like it I originally read and would not spend $200 plus for a copy. So many people rave about it that I do want to try again so a gift for around $100 would get me to jump in. I will see on Saturday.
                            Well, you got your wish, Martin.

I went for the Artist/Gift Edition as well...I already have two signed/limited editions of I AM LEGEND...the signed (by Matheson)/numbered I AM LEGEND HC edition from Gauntlet, and the signed(by Matheson)/numbered BLOODLINES HC, also from Gauntlet...so wasn't going to spend $695 on another numbered edition, let alone one not signed by the late Matheson. As it's one of my favorite novels, though, I'm thrilled Paul chose it as a feature title, as I wasn't about to pass up a Gift Edition of it with that Suntup treatment.

On a related note, I could have sworn that Artist/Gift Edition had a limitation of 750 -- not 1000 as it has now -- when I ordered it during the private pre-order period. Not a big deal as I would have ordered it regardless, and I might not be remembering correctly...but if the limitation did change from the private pre-order to the public pre-order, that's unfortunate. But again, I could be misremembering.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I went for the Artist/Gift Edition as well...I already have two signed/limited editions of I AM LEGEND...the signed (by Matheson)/numbered I AM LEGEND HC edition from Gauntlet, and the signed(by Matheson)/numbered BLOODLINES HC, also from Gauntlet...so wasn't going to spend $695 on another numbered edition, let alone one not signed by the late Matheson. As it's one of my favorite novels, though, I'm thrilled Paul chose it as a feature title, as I wasn't about to pass up a Gift Edition of it with that Suntup treatment.

On a related note, I could have sworn that Artist/Gift Edition had a limitation of 750 -- not 1000 as it has now -- when I ordered it during the private pre-order period. Not a big deal as I would have ordered it regardless, and I might not be remembering correctly...but if the limitation did change from the private pre-order to the public pre-order, that's unfortunate. But again, I could be misremembering.
                              I ordered the Artist/Gift Edition. The stake had me thinking it was either Carmilla, Dracula or I Am Legend and I though I Am Legend was the most likely originally. As time passed I began thinking Dracula. Not thrilled with this as the story was not great in my opinion. I will take this opportunity to read it again and see if it strikes me differently this time around. I do respect the impact this story had on writers and on many who read it. It just did not wow me. May have been a case of high expectations and on re-read I will not have high expectations. So, who knows I may end up liking it!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I guess it’s possible that it read 750 at one time, but it said 1000 when I preordered. And I ordered my AGE first. I had to have a convo with someone before ordering the numbered edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X