X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Man, I flipped that thing so fast, not being a real Stephen King collector. Using the profit to get some things powder coated, oh and I bought a book LOL!! I mean really, I was offered crazy money, had to take it.
    I’m really considering doing the same thing for all the same reasons, but I haven’t quite decided yet. Maybe if I had an offering pending or something, but right now it would be going on eBay and those fees are killer. Things to think about, I guess.
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 12-31-2023, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede has definitely dampened the budget, so while I'm sure that Suntup will do a beautiful job, I am sticking to my "no duplicates" rule and will stick with my Sub Press copy. For a brief moment I contemplated selling the Sub Press version to get the Suntup if I like it, but the last sale for the Sub Press edition went for $795 on eBay, so I'm fine just holding on to that one.
    Man, I flipped that thing so fast, not being a real Stephen King collector. Using the profit to get some things powder coated, oh and I bought a book LOL!! I mean really, I was offered crazy money, had to take it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede . . .
    Do tell.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede has definitely dampened the budget, so while I'm sure that Suntup will do a beautiful job, I am sticking to my "no duplicates" rule and will stick with my Sub Press copy.  For a brief moment I contemplated selling the Sub Press version to get the Suntup if I like it, but the last sale for the Sub Press edition went for $795 on eBay, so I'm fine just holding on to that one.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I hope you find it...it's a beautiful edition and I treasure mine. Given my love for the book, though, and that McCammon is, IIRC, signing the Artist/Classic Edition, I'll have to defy my red rule of no duplicate/variant editions and still pick up the Suntup AE.
    I found it today! I knew it had to be there somewhere, and it was, hidden behind an oversize Ray Bradbury book. I'll probably also get the Suntup edition...don't think I can resist that one.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I still haven't found my Sub Press Boy's Life, but at least I found proof that I ordered it I have a couple more bookshelves to check...
    Order Date: Monday 22 February 2016

Total number of purchased items: 1.
    ID Description Price Qty Item Total
    139611 Boy's Life (preorder)
    Limited Edition
    $125.00 1 $125.00
    I hope you find it...it's a beautiful edition and I treasure mine. Given my love for the book, though, and that McCammon is, IIRC, signing the Artist/Classic Edition, I'll have to defy my red rule of no duplicate/variant editions and still pick up the Suntup AE.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I still haven't found my Sub Press Boy's Life, but at least I found proof that I ordered it I have a couple more bookshelves to check...
    Order Date: Monday 22 February 2016

Total number of purchased items: 1.
    ID Description Price Qty Item Total
    139611 Boy's Life (preorder)
    Limited Edition
    $125.00 1 $125.00

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    I set an alarm for the dinged sale, but indecision and the fast pace kept me from getting anything. I didn't notice at first that several of the listings were being sold without their enclosure, which I didn't really care for anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...
    I'm surprised that they didn't send out a reminder link.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I missed it. I clicked the link fairly early on but everything was gone.

Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale? Â Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered. Â

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale?  Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered.  
    I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale?  Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered.  
    Forgot all about it until around 7pm Eastern, by which time it was long over.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

How did I miss that? Well, it might be Matheson's story, then...
    They just did Hell House in November, so I don't think they'd do Matheson again that quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

No, the email states for March: "All copies are signed by the author of the afterword and the artist." It is not signed by the author. This one I actually know what it is because someone let it slip to me when they probably shouldn't have, though I plan to be discreet and keep their secret as requested (and as Paul would want), but I can verify the author will not sign it.
    How did I miss that? Well, it might be Matheson's story, then...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X