Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am looking forward to today's announcement. If it is Boy's Life I will likely be a buyer. I don't have the Sub Press edition, a 1st 1st, or anything other than a trade PB of this fantastic book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

If you're on Facebook, you can always post it in one of the Rare King groups.

If you're not on Facebook, I can help you on that front and my commission is much less than eBay's. ;-)
    Like Sock Monkey I'm not on Facebook, so may have to someday take you up on that offer, Splync , or bite the bullet and join...at some point in the near future, some of my more desirable stuff is going to have to find new homes. I've done fairly well scraping off the easy(ish) stuff to let go on eBay over the last couple of years, but now that skin layer is about gone and I need to start digging into the muscle. It's going to hurt, but it's necessary if I don't want to move thousands of books to a potential new home...but if it's going to hurt that much, I'd rather not pour salt onto that exposed muscle by continuing to pay 16% eBay fees.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

If you're not on Facebook, I can help you on that front and my commission is much less than eBay's. ;-)
    Yeah, I’m not a Facebook (or any social media) kinda guy.  This forum is about as far as I go.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’m really considering doing the same thing for all the same reasons, but I haven’t quite decided yet. Maybe if I had an offering pending or something, but right now it would be going on eBay and those fees are killer. Things to think about, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Man, I flipped that thing so fast, not being a real Stephen King collector. Using the profit to get some things powder coated, oh and I bought a book LOL!! I mean really, I was offered crazy money, had to take it.
    I’m really considering doing the same thing for all the same reasons, but I haven’t quite decided yet. Maybe if I had an offering pending or something, but right now it would be going on eBay and those fees are killer. Things to think about, I guess.
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 12-31-2023, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede has definitely dampened the budget, so while I'm sure that Suntup will do a beautiful job, I am sticking to my "no duplicates" rule and will stick with my Sub Press copy. For a brief moment I contemplated selling the Sub Press version to get the Suntup if I like it, but the last sale for the Sub Press edition went for $795 on eBay, so I'm fine just holding on to that one.
    Man, I flipped that thing so fast, not being a real Stephen King collector. Using the profit to get some things powder coated, oh and I bought a book LOL!! I mean really, I was offered crazy money, had to take it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede . . .
    Do tell.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    A recent REALLY big purchase from Centipede has definitely dampened the budget, so while I'm sure that Suntup will do a beautiful job, I am sticking to my "no duplicates" rule and will stick with my Sub Press copy.  For a brief moment I contemplated selling the Sub Press version to get the Suntup if I like it, but the last sale for the Sub Press edition went for $795 on eBay, so I'm fine just holding on to that one.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I hope you find it...it's a beautiful edition and I treasure mine. Given my love for the book, though, and that McCammon is, IIRC, signing the Artist/Classic Edition, I'll have to defy my red rule of no duplicate/variant editions and still pick up the Suntup AE.
    I found it today! I knew it had to be there somewhere, and it was, hidden behind an oversize Ray Bradbury book. I'll probably also get the Suntup edition...don't think I can resist that one.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I still haven't found my Sub Press Boy's Life, but at least I found proof that I ordered it I have a couple more bookshelves to check...
    Order Date: Monday 22 February 2016

Total number of purchased items: 1.
    ID Description Price Qty Item Total
    139611 Boy's Life (preorder)
    Limited Edition
    $125.00 1 $125.00
    I hope you find it...it's a beautiful edition and I treasure mine. Given my love for the book, though, and that McCammon is, IIRC, signing the Artist/Classic Edition, I'll have to defy my red rule of no duplicate/variant editions and still pick up the Suntup AE.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I still haven't found my Sub Press Boy's Life, but at least I found proof that I ordered it I have a couple more bookshelves to check...
    Order Date: Monday 22 February 2016

Total number of purchased items: 1.
    ID Description Price Qty Item Total
    139611 Boy's Life (preorder)
    Limited Edition
    $125.00 1 $125.00

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    I set an alarm for the dinged sale, but indecision and the fast pace kept me from getting anything. I didn't notice at first that several of the listings were being sold without their enclosure, which I didn't really care for anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...
    I'm surprised that they didn't send out a reminder link.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I missed it. I clicked the link fairly early on but everything was gone.

Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale? Â Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered. Â

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale?  Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered.  
    I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X