X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Sold my Butcher Boy with rights so today feels really weird to me...

Very nice looking numbered edition. Not a huge fan of that lettered edition though. Looks chintzy to me, personally.
    This is one that I prefer the look of the Limited over the Lettered.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Sold my Butcher Boy with rights so today feels really weird to me...

Very nice looking numbered edition. Not a huge fan of that lettered edition though. Looks chintzy to me, personally.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Looks like it is selling fairly quickly. If you want a copy, you might want to order it soon. Easy pass for me, and for that, my wallet is thankful!!!
    I was actually unable to add the book to my cart. Sent a note to Suntup and they had it resolved extremely quickly!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Down to 406 copies of the artist edition. Always glad to see Paul's press selling well. Good guy and I really get a kick that some of his staff comes from another forum group I used to participate in.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Looks like it is selling fairly quickly. If you want a copy, you might want to order it soon. Easy pass for me, and for that, my wallet is thankful!!!
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 01-13-2022, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    No surprise here. The Handmaid's Tale:

https://suntup.press/the-handmaids-tale

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    No surprise here. The Handmaid's Tale:

https://suntup.press/the-handmaids-tale

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I probably shouldn't admit this here but I could never finish Handmaid's Tale. Tried on a few different occasions and just didn't care for the style of the writing or the way the subject matter was presented.
    I did finish it and can say that you didn't miss anything special... :-/

Great subject matter and themes, but I'm just not a fan of the style. And there's not really an ending. The diary just ends and then there's some postscripts by a couple of historians who just give broad speculations to try and wrap things up.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I probably shouldn't admit this here but I could never finish Handmaid's Tale. Tried on a few different occasions and just didn't care for the style of the writing or the way the subject matter was presented.
    I have long been aware of the story but have never read it or watched anything produced that was based on the material. I have always intended to get to it at some point so this will be my first attempt at reading it.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Ben, the group has tasked me to ask you to leave the group....Now, I said good day, sir LOL!!! It wasn't my cup of Tea either.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I probably shouldn't admit this here but I could never finish Handmaid's Tale. Tried on a few different occasions and just didn't care for the style of the writing or way the subject matter was presented.
    Ben, the group has tasked me to ask you to leave the group....Now, I said good day, sir LOL!!! It wasn't my cup of Tea either.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 01-09-2022, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    If you pause the video when the cover view also shows a portion of the spine you can make out the portion of the title that is shown.
    Good catch, and pretty much confirms it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    If you pause the video when the cover view also shows a portion of the spine you can make out the portion of the title that is shown.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    No question about what this will be.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The colors and shapes certainly seem to suggest the rumored HANDMAID’S TALE, but I guess we’ll see. I’ve no interest in that title, but I’m sure those who opt for a copy will be pleased, based on those art teasers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X