Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    It's a very nice edition and the art looks great, but I'm still a sucker for Quentin Blake's artwork in the Folio Society edition.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    When it comes to Suntup offerings — and I’m strictly an AE buyer — I gauge my decision on whether or not I’d be excited to some degree to find a nice hardcover edition of it (from another publisher) at my local bookstore…it’s the only way to take the obvious Suntup allure and/or FOMO out of the equation and make sure I’m buying the book for the right reason. I couldn’t imagine any excitement about finding a copy of ANIMAL FARM, so I passed. No denying it’s a beautiful production, though.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-10-2022, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yep. Animal Farm. I really enjoy this story and did not pass on it. My wallet is not happy.

I think all editions are fabulous and I am very happy with being able to purchase an A/E.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like today's announcement was Animal Farm. Love the artwork; however, this is an easy pass for me (especially at that price). Was hoping for something else; however, my wallet is happy!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Looks like today's announcement was Animal Farm. Love the artwork; however, this is an easy pass for me (especially at that price). Was hoping for something else; however, my wallet is happy!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Best of luck. There is no way I could afford the numbered train but this sounds like a good deal.

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I’m offering to sell The Butcher Boy with rights at a reduced price of $250 (a hundred and twenty-five dollars off the list price).

Long story short I’m hoping to get matching numbers for Hannibal with my Silence of the Lambs but staying on the rights train has become a bit difficult for me.

My request is that whoever buys the rights sells me their copy of Hannibal with the matching number. I can get you a copy if you want one in your collection (so it would just be a trade). If you were to jump off before then I just ask that you offer to sell the rights back. (Although if it doesn’t come out this year I’ll probably give up.)

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    I’m offering to sell The Butcher Boy with rights at a reduced price of $250 (a hundred and twenty-five dollars off the list price).

Long story short I’m hoping to get matching numbers for Hannibal with my Silence of the Lambs but staying on the rights train has become a bit difficult for me.

My request is that whoever buys the rights sells me their copy of Hannibal with the matching number. I can get you a copy if you want one in your collection (so it would just be a trade). If you were to jump off before then I just ask that you offer to sell the rights back. (Although if it doesn’t come out this year I’ll probably give up.)

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

You're right. I wasn't looking to make money on it, so I put it up for $900 including shipping. It sold in literally less than 30 seconds. Cost to me was $779, so by the time I pay to ship it again, I might come out ahead by $80 or so.
    Congrats on the quick sale!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Don't be a fool like me. You can easily sell the title and keep your number.
    You're right. I wasn't looking to make money on it, so I put it up for $900 including shipping. It sold in literally less than 30 seconds. Cost to me was $779, so by the time I pay to ship it again, I might come out ahead by $80 or so.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I can't decide whether to buy the numbered or let it go. I'd never read the book, so I grabbed a copy after work and I'm 70% into it (kindle). I do like it, but do I really want a $750 copy? Well, I have until Saturday to decide.
    Don't be a fool like me. You can easily sell the title and keep your number.
    Last edited by Splync; 01-14-2022, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I can't decide whether to buy the numbered or let it go. I'd never read the book, so I grabbed a copy after work and I'm 70% into it (kindle). I do like it, but do I really want a $750 copy? Well, I have until Saturday to decide.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

This is one that I prefer the look of the Limited over the Lettered.
    Agreed. The numbered is stunningly gorgeous, the lettered significantly less so. That said, I passed on all editions of this title.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I hadn't heard of this before and it sounds really interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
    Edited to add - as an aside - Folio Society has Atwood's 'Oryx and Crake' on sale currently, which I prefer to 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The design on the FS edition is a little divisive, but it works ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

I agree and I've seen that sentiment echoed by several folks at this point. 'Blood Meridian' may fall into that category for me as well - we'll see see how the production copies of the numbered edition turn out.
    Let the Right One In and 1984 are two others that I think are better looking numbered editions.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied

I agree and I've seen that sentiment echoed by several folks at this point. 'Blood Meridian' may fall into that category for me as well - we'll see see how the production copies of the numbered edition turn out.

Edited to add - as an aside - Folio Society has Atwood's 'Oryx and Crake' on sale currently, which I prefer to 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The design on the FS edition is a little divisive, but it works ok for me.
    Last edited by JeremyM; 01-13-2022, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

I'm sure the glue/material used to secure the Scrabble tiles is really strong, but I can't help but picture those falling off... :-/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X