Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I did jump on the Library Of America edition, thanks for the heads up Ron. And Brian, you're right. Though I can't afford those Suntop books because of other interests, the excitement they generate put a smile on my face.
    Glad you snagged a copy of the LoA volume, Mike. :-)

As far as Suntup, now that the wild emotional swings of the gleeful anticipation and excitement of announcement day and the personal disappointment r.e. the design on the numbered edition are a day or two behind us, I am growing increasingly content with my decision to pass on it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have no idea how to write this post. I've been thinking about all the things I want to say and none of them are sufficient. No words I have are enough. Nothing I can cobble together from my hyperactive scattered thoughts can come close to expressing my amazement, my gratitude, and my absolute euphoria at what I learned yesterday. Someone worked with Paul to ensure that I would have my number of Rosemary's Baby at a time when buying the book for myself was an impossibility. I absolutely hated passing on that book and apparently I let everyone on these message boards know and I never imagined the level of generosity out there in this collecting community.

I don't know who i have to thank. But whoever that person is or who those people are, just know this: I simply cannot thank you enough. There's no way. This act means the world to me especially during the incredibly dark year I've been living. Words are just not sufficient.

I will try to balance out the universe somehow. I'll try to "pay it forward" as the disgraced actor's movie once commanded. I know I'll be reading this post back again and again hating that I couldn't pack this massive swirl of emotion into the two short simple monosyllabic words, the only words I can catch in my scrambling brain, the only words that will have to do until my actions can say the rest: THANK YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I have no idea how to write this post. I've been thinking about all the things I want to say and none of them are sufficient. No words I have are enough. Nothing I can cobble together from my hyperactive scattered thoughts can come close to expressing my amazement, my gratitude, and my absolute euphoria at what I learned yesterday. Someone worked with Paul to ensure that I would have my number of Rosemary's Baby at a time when buying the book for myself was an impossibility. I absolutely hated passing on that book and apparently I let everyone on these message boards know and I never imagined the level of generosity out there in this collecting community.

I don't know who i have to thank. But whoever that person is or who those people are, just know this: I simply cannot thank you enough. There's no way. This act means the world to me especially during the incredibly dark year I've been living. Words are just not sufficient.

I will try to balance out the universe somehow. I'll try to "pay it forward" as the disgraced actor's movie once commanded. I know I'll be reading this post back again and again hating that I couldn't pack this massive swirl of emotion into the two short simple monosyllabic words, the only words I can catch in my scrambling brain, the only words that will have to do until my actions can say the rest: THANK YOU.

That gives me the warm fuzzies and I wasn't even involved. What an awesome gesture. There is such a sense of community here on this forum. Perhaps more than "community", that doesn't seem like the right word. Kinship, maybe.

I am still somewhat new here, but I am impressed by the friendliness and camaraderie of the members here. I have always been a Stephen King fan but not a "fanatic" so Cemetery Dance was something I was aware of but not really engaged in. Then, my all-time favorite author Robert McCammon made the move to CD and I followed him here. I'm glad I did.

Congrats on being the benefactor of this kind act, Jeff. I don't know who was behind it, but I think we'd all agree that you deserve it, if for no other reason than for making us laugh so much. :-)

Comment

That is really cool. I'm very happy to hear these types of things. That made my day.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This really is one of the best places on the web! Well done!

Comment

That is a great story, Jeff. Thank you for sharing that with us. Whomever did that for you definitely has a large heart. What I think makes this extra special is that this wasn’t a “need” being fulfilled like food or medicine or something that would push someone off the edge into action. This was “just” a book. And the only reason to do this was out of kindness. The world needs kindness. Not just during the tragedies, not just during life or death matters, but in simple ways everyday.

I’m happy for you, Jeff. But I’m also happy that we are involved in a community (whether it’s this forum, thedarktower.org, or small press collectors in general) where these types of actions occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                That gives me the warm fuzzies and I wasn't even involved. What an awesome gesture. There is such a sense of community here on this forum. Perhaps more than "community", that doesn't seem like the right word. Kinship, maybe.

I am still somewhat new here, but I am impressed by the friendliness and camaraderie of the members here. I have always been a Stephen King fan but not a "fanatic" so Cemetery Dance was something I was aware of but not really engaged in. Then, my all-time favorite author Robert McCammon made the move to CD and I followed him here. I'm glad I did
                That is precisely why this is the only place on the internet that I participate in. No Facebook, no instagram, nothing. Just here on this forum. The CD forum rocks!

Comment

Fantastic news, Jeff, and what a great gesture on your mysterious benefactor's part...as others have said, it just goes to show what a uniquely special set of folks make up our little collecting community. Congrats again -- very happy things worked out for you. :-)
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That is awesome, Jeff! I'm beyond happy for you right now! I believe the universe has paid if forward for you. You have tremendous wit, sense of humor, and you keep us in stitches. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a dark year Hopefully this will help brighten things up moving forward.

Comment

Thank you all! I really hope to help make someone else feel half as fantastic as this insanely generous gesture has made me feel. I'm happy to share this story so that we can all appreciate just what a wonderful community we have here. My head is still spinning.

Comment

Jeff, that is a fantastic story. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. If the person who did this is on this board I just want to saw thank you. Gestures like this are a part of why this collecting community is so special!

Comment

Thank you all! I really hope to help make someone else feel half as fantastic as this insanely generous gesture has made me feel. I'm happy to share this story so that we can all appreciate just what a wonderful community we have here. My head is still spinning.
                          This is amazing! Congratulations Jeff. What a wonderful gesture. I recently had a similar thing happen to me. It just goes to show that there are still a lot of great people around, even if the bad guys get all the headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            This is amazing! Congratulations Jeff. What a wonderful gesture. I recently had a similar thing happen to me. It just goes to show that there are still a lot of great people around, even if the bad guys get all the headlines.
                            Really, for a bunch of screaming horror fans, this community is loaded with some of the kindest, friendliest people I've ever had the pleasure to interact with. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Jeff, that is a fantastic story. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. If the person who did this is on this board I just want to saw thank you. Gestures like this are a part of why this collecting community is so special!

So so so true. I've always loved reading about the stuff others have done for this community (like Brian861's bookshelves). I just never imagined I'd be on the receiving end!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                That is awesome, Jeff! I'm beyond happy for you right now! I believe the universe has paid if forward for you. You have tremendous wit, sense of humor, and you keep us in stitches. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a dark year Hopefully this will help brighten things up moving forward.
                                It certainly has brightened a dark year. Some stuff is still ongoing, but there is light. And wow, this is just tremendous. I toast you and everyone here. Stuff like this makes me want to be a better person and the good just radiates out.

Comment

Working...
                                X