Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Grabbed my copy! This looks freaking awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Done. Everything went smoothly this morning and paved the way for me being here for release time.

The World told me, with it's actions, that I should buy this book.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Got my fingers crossed for you!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Release day!

I am stoked but a little sad as well. I have a meeting and then a doctors appointment. The doctors appointment will interfere with the release time.

I've been a huge fan of KIN and KPB and hopefully I will not miss out on this.

Â
    Got my fingers crossed for you!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Release day!

I am stoked but a little sad as well. I have a meeting and then a doctors appointment. The doctors appointment will interfere with the release time.

I've been a huge fan of KIN and KPB and hopefully I will not miss out on this.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Somehow I missed the email with these announcements but it's there.

I would love for that last book to be Don Quixote, but I won't be able to afford any of those editions.

I've never read Don Quixote, but I'm drawn to it for some reason. Loved the documentary Lost in La Mancha which chronicled Terry Gilliam's failed attempt at filming this book. Plus I named my dog Rocinante (okay, she was technically named after The Expanse but it counts.)

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I don't like doubles either but I had sent my CD copy to Kealan and it was banged up on the return to me by the USPS. Unless something crazy happens I will be purchasing Suntups edition of the title and happily adding it to my collection.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm almost completely in lockstep with your comments in your post. Kin is one of the first books I bought from CD and the first KPB book that I read and I really think that it is completely underrated. I don't do doubles, so if I get the Suntup edition, then I'll probably be selling the CD version. This might be the book to knock me off my non-Suntup train I've been riding. Heck, depending on price, I'd probably splurge on a limited, though I doubt any will be available.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    After Kealan's twitter announcement yesterday, I think it's pretty safe to say that April's book is going to be Kin and include the prequel novella that he mentions. As long as it isn't priced too outrageously, I can't imagine that I will pass. Normally, I try to avoid having dupe books, and I do have the CD version of Kin; however, that version is pretty bare bones, and you just know that the Suntup version is going to be sumptuous and include lots of art as well as that prequel novella.
    I'm almost completely in lockstep with your comments in your post. Kin is one of the first books I bought from CD and the first KPB book that I read and I really think that it is completely underrated. I don't do doubles, so if I get the Suntup edition, then I'll probably be selling the CD version. This might be the book to knock me off my non-Suntup train I've been riding. Heck, depending on price, I'd probably splurge on a limited, though I doubt any will be available.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    After Kealan's twitter announcement yesterday, I think it's pretty safe to say that April's book is going to be Kin and include the prequel novella that he mentions. As long as it isn't priced too outrageously, I can't imagine that I will pass. Normally, I try to avoid having dupe books, and I do have the CD version of Kin; however, that version is pretty bare bones, and you just know that the Suntup version is going to be sumptuous and include lots of art as well as that prequel novella.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think Ron has some pretty good guesses. I will likely pass on all of these unless it's KPB in April. I'm guessing it's Clive Barker though.

Thanks for that info! Those aren't bad guesses at all!  Had no idea Of Mice and Men was considered a novella.  Would probably pass on all of these guesses, unless April ended up being something from KPB.  

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Someone at TDT suggested these, and they all seem to make a fair degree of sense:
    April - 'The Hellbound Heart' or something again from Kealan Patrick Burke
    May - 'Of Mice and Men'
    June - 'Don Quixote'

Thanks for that info! Those aren't bad guesses at all!  Had no idea Of Mice and Men was considered a novella.  Would probably pass on all of these guesses, unless April ended up being something from KPB.  

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Always love when we receive the next quarter's announcement email, but man, this time I am completely stumped! Anyone have any guesses...

April: All copies are signed by the author, who happens to also be the artist

May: A classic work of American literature that explores the harsh reality of the American dream, this tragic novella was written by one of the most important and influential writers of the 20th century.

June: An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature, All copies are signed by the translator, a preeminent scholar known for the most beautiful and highly regarded translation of the work.
    Someone at TDT suggested these, and they all seem to make a fair degree of sense:
    April - 'The Hellbound Heart' or something again from Kealan Patrick Burke
    May - 'Of Mice and Men'
    June - 'Don Quixote'

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Always love when we receive the next quarter's announcement email, but man, this time I am completely stumped! Anyone have any guesses...

April: All copies are signed by the author, who happens to also be the artist

May: A classic work of American literature that explores the harsh reality of the American dream, this tragic novella was written by one of the most important and influential writers of the 20th century.

June: An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature, All copies are signed by the translator, a preeminent scholar known for the most beautiful and highly regarded translation of the work.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Ron, I'm also a huge Matheson fan, but I agree about the price. I want to be able to have the budget to afford something like this, but it's just not in the cards. I was also excited about the art print because, beyond King, we rarely get something like this for other horror literature, but $175 is also just too much for me to have on the wall. Like you, envy in me will reign supreme for all those that can afford or willing to spend that much on these items.
    I swung for the print. It's more than I should be spending, but I justified it by it being printed on handmade paper from 1982.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

They are doing a heavily illustrated slipcased edition of Joe Hill's " "Late Returns" from his last collection. I happened to see it earlier this week when I was randomly looking at their pre-order page. If I recall, I think it was $150. I believe they may have taken down the order page due to being annoyed by early inquiries from non rights-holders (owners of last Hill title from them). I also believe it has a smaller print run than his last SubPress collection too.
    Thank you! I will watch for it in case it is something I would be willing to buy.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I did purchase today's offering. What is this Joe Hill offering from Sub Press? Checked their website and reviewed the last month's emails from them and I see no mention of Joe Hill.
    They are doing a heavily illustrated slipcased edition of Joe Hill's " "Late Returns" from his last collection. I happened to see it earlier this week when I was randomly looking at their pre-order page. If I recall, I think it was $150. I believe they may have taken down the order page due to being annoyed by early inquiries from non rights-holders (owners of last Hill title from them). I also believe it has a smaller print run than his last SubPress collection too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X