Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Well just checked my email for the first time today and I received the announcement that Dark Regions had copies less that three hours ago. Just checked and they are already sold out.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-09-2021, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am certainly a book junkie. The sticker shock is still there but now I'm really digging the artist edition of The Exorcist. If I happen to still have a chance at this, at issue price, I'm still not 100% sure I could pull the trigger on it or not. The $150 price tag is really nagging at me.

I do think if the opportunity is there to snag this at issue price it will be my only chance at owning this book for a very long time. I'm so turned around here.

Probably should just pass and put it out of my mind.IDK.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Same. I'm not their type of customer.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am certainly not their target customer as I look for books at or near market value. .

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I will just come out and say that I dislike Very Fine Books. People have opinions and this one is just mine.

I am certainly not their target customer as I look for books at or near market value. They are currently selling the Artist Edition of The Exorcist at $295 when it is still expected that retailers will be offering them at original retail soon. That is their business model and I will not fault them for it but I will also not be a customer of theirs.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I will just come out and say that I dislike Very Fine Books. People have opinions and this one is just mine.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    Unreal. Very fine books already selling artist edition of the exorcist for double the price. They have 8

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    This was like a knife in the heart to me....I haven't checked my e-mail in a few days, so when I got the message about Suntup doing THE EXORCIST, my all-time favorite novel, that I own a copy of every small-press publication of, I was ready to buy. Seeing it was sold out REALLY depressed me. Hoping CD might get some copies....
    I do not think CD is reselling Suntup at this time. Lividian Publications – publisher of fine collectible books and Dark Regions Press - Books of Horror, Fantasy and Science Fiction are probably your best bet. You may want to reach out to them and see if they are getting copies and if they will reserve one for you.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    This was like a knife in the heart to me....I haven't checked my e-mail in a few days, so when I got the message about Suntup doing THE EXORCIST, my all-time favorite novel, that I own a copy of every small-press publication of, I was ready to buy. Seeing it was sold out REALLY depressed me. Hoping CD might get some copies....

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Unreal. Very fine books already selling artist edition of the exorcist for double the price. They have 8

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am very surprised by this but very happy for Paul and staff.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well for the first time ever the numbered edition has completely sold out during the matching presale. There’s only the Roman numerals and one lettered available in the lottery and that lettered edition could sell in the next ten minutes for all I know.

It’s shocking even to me. I assumed there would always be at least a few who pass on each edition. There were 76 people who passed on Red Dragon. And at this price point I thought at least 10 would walk away.

i know this edition looks stunning (but they all do to me) and I think people are thrilled with who’s signing.

big congrats to Paul!! Onward.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Well for the first time ever the numbered edition has completely sold out during the matching presale. There’s only the Roman numerals and one lettered available in the lottery and that lettered edition could sell in the next ten minutes for all I know.

It’s shocking even to me. I assumed there would always be at least a few who pass on each edition. There were 76 people who passed on Red Dragon. And at this price point I thought at least 10 would walk away.

i know this edition looks stunning (but they all do to me) and I think people are thrilled with who’s signing.

big congrats to Paul!! Onward.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I can't wait for March. If it's what is being speculated on I will be very excited to see this one. It will be way out of my reach but I can still be excited for it...Right?

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

The timing is unfortunate as well - with another book coming in three weeks, and another (pricey) book three weeks after that. I opted in here, but more for the expected March release than any particular desire to pay that much for 'The Exorcist'. I was happy to see letterpress printing make a return after being absent for the last several releases. I'm hoping the Q2 schedule doesn't have more than three titles on it, and that I'm interested in at least a couple of them.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.
    The timing is unfortunate as well - with another book coming in three weeks, and another (pricey) book three weeks after that. I opted in here, but more for the expected March release than any particular desire to pay that much for 'The Exorcist'. I was happy to see letterpress printing make a return after being absent for the last several releases. I'm hoping the Q2 schedule doesn't have more than three titles on it, and that I'm interested in at least a couple of them.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I passed. I have the Cemetery Dance and LRB Edition and that’s enough. The price of Silence of the Lambs put me off the Suntup train.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
    Oh yeah, REPLAY is great- and would make a good Suntup candidate. Very interesting!

I passed on THE EXORCIST today as well, as I also have the very nice CD edition, and also the great Folio edition. But, I am absolutely shaking my head that 1000 copies disappeared at $150 ea. And, that the $850! limited will as well. That's... incredible to me. On the one hand, I'm very happy for Paul and the well-deserved success of his fine press. On the other hand- do book collector's actually want an $850 unsigned edition of this book at this point? Obviously, it looks like, but, still.. shaking my head.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I thought about doing that for a moment and then I realized my thoughts were due to fear of missing out than an actual desire for the book itself.
    Lol! I only have an old paperback edition of this one, and I'm pretty sure I bought it used. I don't even know where it is right now. I think I'll be keeping the Suntup copy. They do produce a quality book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X