Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Since I never heard of anything, I doubt I won. Oh well, can't be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I can't speak to that but I like the few titles that I've picked up from. I haven't sprung for any of the high end editions, so I've been happy with what I've paid for some really nice books.
    I feel the same way. I will probably never be able to afford more than the gift editions, and even with those I am choosy; however, I have absolutely loved every gift edition that I have purchased from Suntup and plan to purchase more should the tittles interest me.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Does anyone get the feeling that we've seen the Suntup "Peak", with Blood Meridian being the tipping point? I mean, why isn't this book selling for $2600, just following the basic math of the crazy prices of the last year. Didn't Silence of the Lambs sell for $2300 or some insane price right after sellout? Just wondering.
    I can't speak to that but I like the few titles that I've picked up from. I haven't sprung for any of the high end editions, so I've been happy with what I've paid for some really nice books.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

One has sold for over $1,600 and the other two both have bids, so it appears they will sell at that level. None are being sold with rights as they will be sent to the buyer on release. It is possible a person could get a higher price were they to include rights transfer.
    Saw one on the FB group with rights for $2000.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think it could be Barker. My guess is the 1000+ page book is his as well.

Since Strange Weather contains four novellas and this one is identified as three previously published novellas and one new one I expect it is not Strange Weather. I do not believe the book of Novellas is by Mr. Hill. I think Barker, assuming he has three previously published novellas, is a possibility as there is no mention of a artist signature and Barker could be the artist.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    A lot of folks are speculating Joe Hill for the May release, but I really hope it isn't. Given that it's a collection of 4 novellas, that would indicate Strange Weather. So if Suntup were doing Strange Weather, it'd really be an insult to Cemetery Dance.

What's interesting to me is that the author of the May title is signing all of the editions, but there is no mention of an artist. I take this to mean that the is either no artist or that the author IS the artist.

Has Clive Barker done four novellas? I can only think of The Hellbound Heart...
    Since Strange Weather contains four novellas and this one is identified as three previously published novellas and one new one I expect it is not Strange Weather. I do not believe the book of Novellas is by Mr. Hill. I think Barker, assuming he has three previously published novellas, is a possibility as there is no mention of a artist signature and Barker could be the artist.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Strange Weather already had 4 novellas, so that seems unlikely. I would like to see that 1000 page epic fantasy be Barker's Imagica. The Last Illusion qualifies as a novella
    , but can't think of 2 more.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    A lot of folks are speculating Joe Hill for the May release, but I really hope it isn't. Given that it's a collection of 4 novellas, that would indicate Strange Weather. So if Suntup were doing Strange Weather, it'd really be an insult to Cemetery Dance.

What's interesting to me is that the author of the May title is signing all of the editions, but there is no mention of an artist. I take this to mean that the is either no artist or that the author IS the artist.

Has Clive Barker done four novellas? I can only think of The Hellbound Heart...

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just noticed that Suntup has announced their schedule for April - June 2021. Can't wait to hear the guesses start rolling in. Am especially intrigued by the last June announcement which is to be a compete surprise with no hints. Must be a "big" book.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Does anyone get the feeling that we've seen the Suntup "Peak", with Blood Meridian being the tipping point? I mean, why isn't this book selling for $2600, just following the basic math of the crazy prices of the last year. Didn't Silence of the Lambs sell for $2300 or some insane price right after sellout? Just wondering.
    I have zero ability to predict which books will command a premium on the secondary market.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

One has sold for over $1,600 and the other two both have bids, so it appears they will sell at that level. None are being sold with rights as they will be sent to the buyer on release. It is possible a person could get a higher price were they to include rights transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Best of luck to you. I think this is a low risk investment if you are selected. Not sure what the actual profit will be but I don't think this will be a loser.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I entered for the sole reason to flip it. I have no interest in a limited of the book.

I see three copies on eBay in the $1500-$2000 range. A 50% return is pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Are they gonna sell for that though?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I entered for the sole reason to flip it. I have no interest in a limited of the book.

I see three copies on eBay in the $1500-$2000 range. A 50% return is pretty sweet.
    Are they gonna sell for that though?

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X