Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    I read the first page of an online sample of The Road; the writing was all choppy sentences - is this what the whole book is like?
    Pretty much. It's just awful. I think you should sit this one out. Tell everyone: "The Road is closed. Take a detour to the next Suntup book."

Joking aside, that's McCathy's style. It might not appeal to you. But holy shit, those choppy sentences will chop you to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
      I read the first page of an online sample of The Road; the writing was all choppy sentences - is this what the whole book is like?
      That's how he writes, but once you get into it, everything just clicks. I've read all his books over the years, and they really are good.

Comment

Good to know; thanks.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

A good friend of mine who is an avid reader (and member of this forum) refuses to read Cormac McCarthy books because of his odd writing style. Admittedly, it is an acquired taste. For me, after I got past the first few pages I got into the flow I didn't even notice it. Once you get used to the writing style you are rewarded with incredible stories.

Comment

How will the announcement be made? Is there a time I should log-in somewhere or should I have been on a mailing list? Anyone know?
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              How will the announcement be made? Is there a time I should log-in somewhere or should I have been on a mailing list? Anyone know?
              The announcement is coming today, but I'm not sure when. Have you subscribed to their mailing list? Do you follow them on Facebook and Twitter? When they put out the teaser video I received it first via email, then they posted it on Facebook and Twitter.

https://suntup.press/

Scroll down to the bottom to join their email list.
              Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-29-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't do FB or Twitter but maybe I will join the mailing list.

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                The announcement is coming today, but I'm not sure when. Have you subscribed to their mailing list? Do you follow them on Facebook and Twitter? When they put out the teaser video I received it first via email, then they posted it on Facebook and Twitter.

https://suntup.press/

Scroll down to the bottom to join their email list.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just announced. Here you go:

https://suntup.press/the-road?fbclid...vHk8nKc01GFjs0

Comment

No artist edition. With the price of the limited and no signature from the author I will pass. I am sure it will be worth the price but not for me.

Comment

Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to snag one. That's a comfy price point compared to his other numbered editions. So there will be a lot of current number holders who opt in. Though it's not signed by anyone, so I wonder if that will ding the appeal. If I can get one I will be thrilled!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Though it's not signed by anyone, so I wonder if that will ding the appeal. If I can get one I will be thrilled!
                        "The editions are signed by Joyce Carol Oates, Ryan Pancoast and Richard Wagener."

Comment

Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to snag one. That's a comfy price point compared to his other numbered editions. So there will be a lot of current number holders who opt in. Though it's not signed by anyone, so I wonder if that will ding the appeal. If I can get one I will be thrilled!

Sorry, I see they are going to be signed!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            "The editions are signed by Joyce Carol Oates, Ryan Pancoast and Richard Wagener."

Yeah, I just saw that. Don't know how I missed it. Probably because of the tears in my eyes.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that. Don't know how I missed it. Probably because of the tears in my eyes.
                              I missed it with the first read-through too. It doesn't exactly jump out at you, and is not mentioned in the descriptions of the different editions.

Comment

It was pretty much a given that if it was The Road, McCarthy was not going to have signed it. The price point is on the lower end for Suntup and the print run is pretty darn low so I do expect these to sell out. The question is whether or not I'm going to try to get one. And that's where I'm torn. An AGE would have been a given for me, but $395 is a high price point for my budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X