X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    That sale was nuts!

I picked up the AE of The Collector for just over half off, and I picked up the numbered Guests for $95.

I sold my numbered edition back before it was released, so I couldn't resist reclaiming that edition for such a steal!

It's missing the slipcase, but I was able to buy a new slipcase from Suntup for $30, so I'm still looking at having acquired the numbered edition for well under 50% off.

Those other AEs were an absolute bargain, but I already had them. I debated buying one to gift to someone, but it had sold out when I went back for it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone grab anything from the dinged books sale today? I picked-up Johnny Got His Gun & The Island of Doctor Moreau AGEs. I wanted both of these books at the time they were announced; however, I just couldn't swing them due to the list price and needing to pay for other pre-orders. Am happy to finally be able to add these to my collection, even if they will be missing the slipcases. At $25-35 a piece, it still feels like a steal to me!
    No, I didn’t see anything there that I couldn’t live without. I was there right at noon, hoping for an AE copy of Philip K Dick’s A SCANNER DARKLY — really the only AE I still want but never picked up — but that wasn’t among the offerings, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats! I missed this today as well. Work was busy.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone grab anything from the dinged books sale today? I picked-up Johnny Got His Gun & The Island of Doctor Moreau AGEs. I wanted both of these books at the time they were announced; however, I just couldn't swing them due to the list price and needing to pay for other pre-orders. Am happy to finally be able to add these to my collection, even if they will be missing the slipcases. At $25-35 a piece, it still feels like a steal to me!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    LOL. She knows her customers for sure.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I'm convinced Kim is part siren.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I'm convinced Kim is part siren.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was going to pass, but Kim from Camelot emailed me asking if I wanted a copy since I got Red Dragon from her. I couldn't say no, especially since I don't have to come up with the money until the book is in her hands and ready to ship.
    Exactly my experience this morning, with the same decision / change of mind and rationale.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

You can check the going rates here - https://www.collectiblebookvault.com...s-market-value
    I was totally reading that page wrong - no way Misery is worth $525 . . . oh wait, now I see.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I was going to pass, but Kim from Camelot emailed me asking if I wanted a copy since I got Red Dragon from her. I couldn't say no, especially since I don't have to come up with the money until the book is in her hands and ready to ship.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cool. Thank you.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

You can check the going rates here - https://www.collectiblebookvault.com...s-market-value

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    What is the going rate for Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon A/Es?

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Don't know what they are successfully selling for these days; however, I just checked ABE and it looks like Silence is in the 250-375 range. I only see one listing for Red Dragon on ABE and that copy is listed as 500.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Hannibal is now sold out! Congrats to everyone who was able to snag a copy!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Since I didn't get the first two books from Suntup, this was an easy pass. As usual, the book designs look great. Congrats to all who got one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X