• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Cancel that, they are now gone as well.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I passed on IMAJICA. Mostly because I thought I had finally tracked down a relatively decent price of Centipede’s SWORDS AND DEVILTRY and couldn’t afford both. Unfortunately, I subsequently received an email for the bookseller stating the book had already sold. Oh, well. Them’s the breaks.
    If you are looking for the Artist Edition it appears that Sub Press has some still available.
    Last edited by Martin; 05-01-2021, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I passed on IMAJICA. Mostly because I thought I had finally tracked down a relatively decent price of Centipede’s SWORDS AND DEVILTRY and couldn’t afford both. Unfortunately, I subsequently received an email for the bookseller stating the book had already sold. Oh, well. Them’s the breaks.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I think the numbered edition is actually my least favorite of these three editions. The lettered is breathtaking and I like the artist edition's jacket. But the numbered edition? Eh, I'm just not overly impressed by the look of the mock-up.

I'm sure the book will be incredible in person, by the way. That's what happened with 1984. I didn't like the mock-up of that numbered edition, but it's probably one of my favorite titles in person!
    I actually prefer the limited. I think the look is very nice. The simple pattern with the four hit foil stamp is great. I love the the appearance of the leather and am really looking to seeing the forward edge leather strip.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    SubPress has a few copies if you missed it.

https://subterraneanpress.com/imajica

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I think the numbered edition is actually my least favorite of these three editions. The lettered is breathtaking and I like the artist edition's jacket. But the numbered edition? Eh, I'm just not overly impressed by the look of the mock-up.

I'm sure the book will be incredible in person, by the way. That's what happened with 1984. I didn't like the mock-up of that numbered edition, but it's probably one of my favorite titles in person!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    They went fast. I passed on it too...the book doesn't interest me. Good thing, because I went all in on that CDCC offer that arrived in my inbox at 1:04pm

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    I'm lusting over that lettered edition, but five Grand? Not sure if I hope I win or lose the lottery!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    And they're gone. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I've got some other irons in the fire, so I'm going to let this one go.
    You shouldn't have open flames in your library...

Also please don't brand your leather-bound books, just order some custom book plates.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I've got some other irons in the fire, so I'm going to let this one go.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Love me some barker. Easy yes for me

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think I'll pass. It's a stunning edition to be sure, but I'm not really a Barker fan and I'd almost certainly be getting this to flip later. As such, I'll just pass on it now and (hopefully) give someone that really wants it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    This is not a book I like and it's outside of my price point so pass. Hope all enjoy!
    My affinity for Barker’s work outside BOOKS OF BLOOD is marginal. Not sure if I read this one Back in the Day or not, but regardless it’s just not the kind of book that interests me anymore. The production values on this new edition look impressive (as is the price for an AE), but if it’s not either a book I love (e.g. I AM LEGEND, RED DRAGON, et al) or a book I want to finally read (e.g. WOLFEN and the Heinlein set) — and Barker’s book is neither — then it’s a pass.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    This is not a book I like and it's outside of my price point. Easy pass. Hope all enjoy!
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 04-29-2021, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    And I think that this is the first time that I like the look of the AE more than the other editions.
    I believe this is the first time the Artist Edition comes with the premium pack.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X