Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joejets
    replied
    Sales seems to have levelled off around 300 copies, so plenty of time for second and third thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Hah. I know that feeling. The artwork is very nice in this edition...

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

You're making me feel much better about passing on today's announcement! Hope it sells quick so I don't have second thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm not much of a fan of Vonnegut. I need to look in my library to see what I've read but I know I have read 2 or 3 of his books. From what I recall I thought one was okay/good and the next one was just average. I was never compelled to read all of his work after the first few reads.

You're making me feel much better about passing on today's announcement! Hope it sells quick so I don't have second thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm not much of a fan of Vonnegut. I need to look in my library to see what I've read but I know I have read 2 or 3 of his books. From what I recall I thought one was okay/good and the next one was just average. I was never compelled to read all of his work after the first few reads.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

That or The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin have been the guesses that I have seen most frequently. Is it horrible that I haven't read anything by Vonnegut yet? Feel like I have heard the name my whole life but have never gotten around to actually reading anything by him. Same for Le Guinn. I know that each of these books are considered seminal works in their fields which does make me want to give them a try at some point. Just not sure if Suntup is the avenue I will take to remedy that. Perhaps someone will be able to sway me or there will be something in tomorrow's announcement that will push me toward the purchase.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    So, it's Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut for tomorrow's announcement?
    That or The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin have been the guesses that I have seen most frequently. Is it horrible that I haven't read anything by Vonnegut yet? Feel like I have heard the name my whole life but have never gotten around to actually reading anything by him. Same for Le Guinn. I know that each of these books are considered seminal works in their fields which does make me want to give them a try at some point. Just not sure if Suntup is the avenue I will take to remedy that. Perhaps someone will be able to sway me or there will be something in tomorrow's announcement that will push me toward the purchase.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    So, it's Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut for tomorrow's announcement?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    That’s really nice…I definitely need one.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Very nice. That looks great. Thanks for the photos.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Here are the photos of the Suntup Logo shelf display:
    It is really well made.
    DSC_1672.JPGDSC_1673.JPGDSC_1694.JPGDSC_1695.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Paul responded that the site had an issue. It was not supposed to offer Media Mail and he was surprised to see the orders start coming in with Media Mail. He shipped them First Class and is considering it a discount to the customers and not wanting payment for the difference.
    I will have mine in hands today and may get some photos up this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    For those who wanted one of the bookshelf displays but missed out the website has been updated with this message:

*** UPDATE: Another batch will be made and an email will be sent in the coming weeks ***
    Excellent news!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

The USPS would not be happy if they did their Media Mail inspection on any of those packages. Let's hope that doesn't happen!
    I have shipping information and they actually shipped it first class. As first class is what I would have selected had I been paying attention I have emailed Suntup offering to pay the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Was anyone able to snag one of those Suntup bookshelf logos? By the time I caught the email they were already gone.
    I got one. The email popped up as I was checking my inbox, so I ordered right away. There were 43 left after my order went through. Paul said that another batch is in the works, so they will be available again.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    For those who wanted one of the bookshelf displays but missed out the website has been updated with this message:

*** UPDATE: Another batch will be made and an email will be sent in the coming weeks ***

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Does a packing slip count?

Originally posted by Splync View Post

The USPS would not be happy if they did their Media Mail inspection on any of those packages. Let's hope that doesn't happen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X