Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
    My guesses:

    Legion, William Peter Blatty
    Amityville Horror, Jay Anson
    Psycho, Robert Bloch
    Interesting choices (if they pan out).

    Two classics and the Amityville Horror, though I do recall liking AH when I read it, though it’s got to be pushing 40 years.

    B

    Comment


      Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
      My guesses:

      Legion, William Peter Blatty
      Amityville Horror, Jay Anson
      Psycho, Robert Bloch
      Good guesses. If Legion comes to pass, I'll be a little bummed that I didn't pick up Suntup's The Exorcist. I've been holding out for Lonely Roads's version of Legion, but I think that might have gone the way of the Dodo. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a relatively decent price for Exorcist on the aftermarket. I'd be very, very tempted for Psycho. I've never read the book, but it's be on my radar for a long time to do so. This might break my trend of holding off buying Suntup editions. The Amityville Horror is an easy pass. Besides the nostalgia factor and its influence on pop culture, I found the book (and the movie) to be rather overrated. In fact, I actually find the book to be not that good at all.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

        Good guesses. If Legion comes to pass, I'll be a little bummed that I didn't pick up Suntup's The Exorcist. I've been holding out for Lonely Roads's version of Legion, but I think that might have gone the way of the Dodo. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a relatively decent price for Exorcist on the aftermarket. I'd be very, very tempted for Psycho. I've never read the book, but it's be on my radar for a long time to do so. This might break my trend of holding off buying Suntup editions. The Amityville Horror is an easy pass. Besides the nostalgia factor and its influence on pop culture, I found the book (and the movie) to be rather overrated. In fact, I actually find the book to be not that good at all.
        Was Lonely Road's Legion ever more than just a rumor?

         Very excited to see what Suntup does with that one. I don't have their version of The Exorcist anymore, but I'd be fine without a matching set.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Splync View Post

          Was Lonely Road's Legion ever more than just a rumor?

          ¬ Very excited to see what Suntup does with that one. I don't have their version of The Exorcist anymore, but I'd be fine without a matching set.
          I believe Brian confirmed that it was going to be done at one point. I’m not sure how far along in the process it made it though, or if it is still going to happen.

          Comment


            Just got my shipping notice for HEX!!!

            Comment


              Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Just got my shipping notice for HEX!!!
              Me too! That's the last Suntup book I was waiting on. I may be tempted by one or two of the upcoming titles.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

                Me too! That's the last Suntup book I was waiting on. I may be tempted by one or two of the upcoming titles.
                Yeah, with their next quarter being all horror releases, I'm very afraid for my wallet.

                Comment


                  And apparently the Poe volume will follow the Hex artist ed shortly!

                  Comment


                    Just received my copy Hex! It turned out fantastic. Really love the art for this one, both cover and interior. Am also digging that signature! So glad to finally have this in-hand!

                    Comment


                      Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!
                        I'm seriously considering picking this up even though I don't have the Suntup edition of The Exorcist. Like you, I've been meaning to getting around to reading it and it looks like the Lonely Road edition might never come to fruition. I just wasn't planning on this extra expense so I'll need to mull it over a bit.

                        Comment


                          I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                          Comment


                            I bought it because I have Suntup's Exorcist, so I figured I might as well have both books. I know I read Legion way back when, but I remember nothing about it at this point.

                             

                            Comment


                              My heart is happy. My wallet is not.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.
                                Ditto for me as well. I've always really liked the CD edition- it's got a great design, nicely oversized, sturdily-slipcased, and well-illustrated. And, as you say- it's got both novels and is signed. Having said that- I do wish I had both Suntup books as well because they really do look great. But, yeah- there are officially too many books now- in my library and in general. Gotta be more and more discerning these days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X