No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize there was an art portfolio.

I kind of ignored the announcement since I got the last two AEs from Camelot (I assume Kim will get one of these for me too - I better check!)

Comment

Any guesses for the upcoming Suntup publishing schedule? Seem pretty obvious that February will be The Godfather, but, have no idea on the other two.

1) January-This masterwork of contemporary literature was the first novel the author wrote, although it was his third to be published.

2) February- A searing portrayal of a family set in the 1940s criminal underworld, this novel took the world by storm upon its release, selling over nine million copies in two years. Three years after its release, it would be adapted into an iconic film which won the Academy Award for Best Picture.

3) March- Weighing in at over 1250 pages, this is the complete collection of works written by one of the most important and influential American writers of the 19th century, whose stories continue to haunt.

Comment

I guess with the right page layout, March could be Poe?? The over-sized Easton Press I have is 800+ pages.

Comment

The consensus so far is:

January - The Magus, John Fowles
          February - The Godfather, Mario Puzo
          March - An Edgar Allen Poe book

Comment

Could the March book be Lovecraft instead of Poe?

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
              Could the March book be Lovecraft instead of Poe?
              No. The blurb mentions that it's a 19th century writer, and Lovecraft wrote in the 20th century.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Received my dinged Suntup copy of Blake Crouch's "Dark Matter". Am supper happy with this purchase as you can hardly tell that there was an issue with the book. From what I can see, the only issue is some small creasing in the upper-right hand corner of the first 30 pages of the book. Beyond that, the book and the slipcase are in perfect shape. Feel like I really scored with this one and cannot wait to give it a read. Have only read the 1st book in the Pines trilogy by Crouch so far and loved it; so, I have high hopes for this one!

Comment

Anyone jump on today's Suntup announcement? Have never read The Magus but am tempted. The Collector is the only thing that I have ever read by Fowles.

Comment

It's selling very slowly, I wonder why.

Comment

This is another pass for me. I hadn't read the book and the price point was a bit much for me. I get this is a massive book but I can't justify the money on an unknown.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        Anyone jump on today's Suntup announcement? Have never read The Magus but am tempted. The Collector is the only thing that I have ever read by Fowles.
                        It was an easy decision for me to buy it. This book has been on my radar for more than a decade. I have been telling myself that I will read it. My local library does not have it and I have never purchased a copy so it as stayed a book I will get to someday. I actually know little about the story. Since the first time I read the collector (I believe I have read it four times now) there has been The Magus popping up, often described as Fowles best book. I consider The Collector a classic and it keeps drawing me back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It was an easy decision for me to buy it. This book has been on my radar for more than a decade. I have been telling myself that I will read it. . . . it as stayed a book I will get to someday.
                          Precisely the reason I'll be getting THE GODFATHER next month.

As far as THE MAGUS, I tried reading it many moons ago and didn't get far, though I love THE COLLECTOR. That experience and my dislike of the art and at the price point it's at...the math just didn't work for me this time around.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I passed on The Magus too. I've never read it, but a cheap paperback will do me if I ever get around to it. I read The Godfather many years ago, and I doubt I'll buy that one either. I'm saving my pennies for Dune Messiah next month.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Precisely the reason I'll be getting THE GODFATHER next month.

As far as THE MAGUS, I tried reading it many moons ago and didn't get far, though I love THE COLLECTOR. That experience and my dislike of the art and at the price point it's at...the math just didn't work for me this time around.
                              The Godfather will be an easy buy for me as well but for a different reason. The Godfather was my wife's favorite movie, so I have seen it a few times. While I enjoy the movie it has not prompted me to buy the book, but a Suntup edition is something I would not pass on. If the April book is Lovecraft, which I doubt it is, that will be an easy pass for me. I have tried to read Lovecraft multiple times and have never enjoyed it. I respect his influence on future writers, but his writing is not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The Godfather will be an easy buy for me as well but for a different reason. The Godfather was my wife's favorite movie, so I have seen it a few times. While I enjoy the movie it has not prompted me to buy the book, but a Suntup edition is something I would not pass on. If the April book is Lovecraft, which I doubt it is, that will be an easy pass for me. I have tried to read Lovecraft multiple times and have never enjoyed it. I respect his influence on future writers, but his writing is not for me.
                                March is a 19th century author, so it won't be Lovecraft. Signs point to Poe.

Comment

Working...
                                X