No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to sit this one out as I have a 1st U.S. HC Fine/Fine of THE STEPFORD WIVES, but the art (and the standard letterpress for all editions, but especially the art!) sold me. I've never been swayed by the art if I've previously decided to skip a Suntup, but this one broke that rule...just stunning stuff. Apparently she will have a Stepford gallery showing of these paintings here in Seattle to coincide with the Suntup announcement, and I hope to see the show in early October.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I was going to sit this one out as I have a 1st U.S. HC Fine/Fine of THE STEPFORD WIVES, but the art (and the standard letterpress for all editions, but especially the art!) sold me. I've never been swayed by the art if I've previously decided to skip a Suntup, but this one broke that rule...just stunning stuff. Apparently she will have a Stepford gallery showing of these paintings here in Seattle to coincide with the Suntup announcement, and I hope to see the show in early October.
      Man, I'm jealous! I would love to see that gallery showing. That art really did have me reaching for my wallet at first, but, I just can't do it at the moment as I need to save for some other upcoming book purchases. I do hope that I can find a good copy up the road. and that the price hasn't skyrocketed on them by that point. Seems like you can never really tell with that sort of thing!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Man, I'm jealous! I would love to see that gallery showing. That art really did have me reaching for my wallet at first, but, I just can't do it at the moment as I need to save for some other upcoming book purchases. I do hope that I can find a good copy up the road. and that the price hasn't skyrocketed on them by that point. Seems like you can never really tell with that sort of thing!
        If I manage to make it -- and they allow cameras (doubtful, but you never know) -- I'll be sure to post some pics here.

Comment

ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2022

Hi, friends! I am excited to share that we will be announcing three new titles for the fourth quarter of 2022. For those who like to plan ahead, here are a few hints about what’s to come:

October

On Wednesday, October 12th at 9 a.m. PT, I will broadcast live on Facebook with some updates and giveaways. We will announce the first title of the quarter on Thursday, October 13th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Lettered and Numbered owners of The Stepford Wives with a designation of 1-250. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, October 15th at 9 a.m. PT.

Originally published in October 1982, we are honored to commemorate the 40th anniversary of this important work with a signed limited edition published under its original title, featuring a new introduction by the author and reproductions of several historical documents featured in the novel.

The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 250 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 750 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are printed letterpress, and are signed by the author and the artist. The Artist edition is printed offset and is signed by the artist.

November

On Wednesday, November 16th, I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT. We will announce this title the following day, Thursday, November 17th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Lettered and Numbered owners of the title announced on October 13th. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, November 19th at 9 a.m. PT.

This Pulitzer-nominated author has written over 50 books, but perhaps none more disturbing than this Bram Stoker Award winning novel in which she explores the mind of a serial killer. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 250 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 750 copies. The Lettered and Numbered are signed by the author and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

December

On Wednesday, December 14th at 9 a.m. PT, I will broadcast live on Facebook. We will announce our final book of the quarter on Thursday, December 15th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Lettered and Numbered owners of the title announced on November 17th, as well as to Numbered owners of The Stepford Wives with a designation of 251-350. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, December 17th at 9 a.m. PT.

This psychological horror novel from an author we have published several times before involves an innocent eight year old boy and the traumatic circumstances that lead him to become a killer. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

It is hard to believe the end of the year will be here before we know it. So far this year, we have shipped a total of 30 different editions across 16 titles, and we intend to ship more before the year’s end. We hope you have enjoyed these editions as much as we have enjoyed working on them, and we look forward to sharing this quarter’s titles with you.

Paul Suntup

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My guess for the first book is The Color Purple.

Comment

Here's my guesses:

I have no guesses for the first title at this time.
              The second book is ZOMBIE by Joyce Carol Oates
              The third book is HANNIBAL RISING by Thomas Harris

Comment

I'd guess 'Schindler's Ark' for the Oct. You're right about Hannibal Rising - had been thinking another Ahlborn book, but that makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Here's my guesses:

I have no guesses for the first title at this time.
                  The second book is ZOMBIE by Joyce Carol Oates
                  The third book is HANNIBAL RISING by Thomas Harris
                  My takeaway exactly. Cool to see ZOMBIE...I had a 1st HC of that one that I had signed by her at a book festival, but either lost or sold it somewhere down the line, and have always wanted to replace it. The AE will have to do, but that's okay.

Comment

The thing throwing me for a loop on the first one is the "published under its original title" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      The thing throwing me for a loop on the first one is the "published under its original title" bit.
                      Schindler's Ark works for that hint as it was released in the US as Schindler's List.

Comment

I missed that part about "original title".

Comment

Two Thomas Harris titles in one year!

​​​​​​This is the last of the Hannibal titles, so the completionist in me is very happy.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Hope this is the title!

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                            Two Thomas Harris titles in one year!

​​​​​​This is the last of the Hannibal titles, so the completionist in me is very happy.

Comment

Price is steep but here you all go. American Gods Pre-Order from Suntup:

https://suntup.press/news/american-g...e-announcement

Comment

Note that it isn't a preorder, but rather an interest check, and only the first 1000 respondents are going on the preorder list for the Classic edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X