No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually tempted by THE OUTSIDERS. I remember really liking the book and wouldn't mind a nice edition. $155, though. Man, that's steep. Maybe if I can get a copy from Camelot...

And for once, I actually like the look of all three editions.

Comment

Okay. In a move that would be surprising to absolutely no one who has read my previous posts in this thread, I have decided to pass on THE OUTSIDERS. I want it, but don't "need" it and there are other books that I want more. And the releases from Centipede Press are coming fast and furious lately. It's a good time to be a collector, but something has to give eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Okay. In a move that would be surprising to absolutely no one who has read my previous posts in this thread, I have decided to pass on THE OUTSIDERS. I want it, but don't "need" it and there are other books that I want more. And the releases from Centipede Press are coming fast and furious lately. It's a good time to be a collector, but something has to give eventually.
        Sums up my take on it perfectly.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I already have a trade edition signed by Hinton and inscribed with "Stay gold!", so I'll pass as well.

It's not a first edition or anything fancy, by the way. Just some signed copy from Barnes and Noble a few years back, but it's enough for me.

Comment

As usual Suntup over prices their books and yet tons of people buy them. I love this book. It got me through some tough times growing up. However I don't love it enough to pay what they are asking. I'll stick with my 38 year old paperback copy.

Comment

I was ready to order The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. I remember the book from high school. I did buy the Pallbearer's Club by Paul Tremblay signed from the Mysterious Bookshop. I also ordered a signed book by one of TMBS's booksellers, Mike Durrell and I had just ordered the latest secret not-yet-announced SST title. Finally I backed a Squared Circle bio-comic on Kickstarter. I got the edition w. a metal cover. Maybe I can wedge in the Suntup editions The Outsiders, I'm unsure at this moment.

Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Another Ania Ahlborn book being published by Paul and team. Passing again on Suntup but that doesn't reflect on their production quality. I really just don't think this is the publisher for me. Sorry to say this as I knew a number of the folks over there. All good people.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My experience with Ahlborn’s work has been, at best, uneven…I loved one (BROTHER, of which I have the Suntup edition, an upgrade to the tpb I had), marginally liked another (DARK ACROSS THE BAY), was bored by another (WITHIN THESE WALLS) and DNF’d a fourth (SEED). Other than BROTHER, she just doesn’t seem to be for me, no matter how much I try. As such, I’m passing on this new announcement, though the production looks to be, as always, too-notch.

Comment

The case for the numbered edition looks stunning! I haven't read If You See Her, but I might try for a numbered edition. Then again, I like that she signed the Artist/Classic Edition and that is cheaper than the numbered...

Comment

I 100% missed that the author signed the AE. I like that a lot and one thing that has always bugged me.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                      The case for the numbered edition looks stunning! I haven't read If You See Her, but I might try for a numbered edition. Then again, I like that she signed the Artist/Classic Edition and that is cheaper than the numbered...
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        My experience with Ahlborn’s work has been, at best, uneven…I loved one (BROTHER, of which I have the Suntup edition, an upgrade to the tpb I had), marginally liked another (DARK ACROSS THE BAY), was bored by another (WITHIN THESE WALLS) and DNF’d a fourth (SEED). Other than BROTHER, she just doesn’t seem to be for me, no matter how much I try. As such, I’m passing on this new announcement, though the production looks to be, as always, too-notch.
                        Yeah I read ‘If You See Her’ and it’s not great.
                        Last edited by CyberGhostface; 08-19-2022, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Yeah I read ‘If You See Her’ and it’s not great.
                          I checked GoodReads as a last measure before deciding to pass, and that seemed to be the opinion of a number of folks there.

Comment

Levin's Stepford Wives on sale today, so far looks like a non-sellout on day one.

Comment

Yeah, it was an easy pass for me. Really like the art, but, not much interest beyond that. There's also a ton of upcoming books from other publishers that I would rather have instead. Hopefully, the next batch of Suntup books will interest me more because nothing's really peaked my interest this last quarter.

Comment

Yeah, Stepford Wives is not a book I need. I just paid for my German edition of Es today, so that's it for this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X