Clear All

My guesses:

July: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
    August: Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson
    September: The Stepford Wives

B

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

After reading the clues, I think your guesses for the July and September books are on the money. I think August is a pretty good guess too; however, it gives me a bit of pause as it feels a little weird that they would publish an AGE for Ahlborn at this point when it wasn't an option for the first two books. (I would have killed for an AGE of Brother since there is no other hardcover version of this book and I can't really afford to hop on the Suntup numbered editions bandwagon). In terms of desirability, it's going to boil down to the price of the AGEs this go-round as none of these are must-owns for me.
      I had the same thought.

Strange to start with the AGEs at book 3.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

August is The Bird Eater, but I knew what you meant. ;-)
        Yup, I meant The Bird Eater. I don't know how I got that mixed up!

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
          My guesses:

B
          I really hope your August guess is correct as I would love to own that title! Have always wanted to read Stir of Echoes but have never had any luck finding a hardcover copy in any of my local bookstores.

Comment

After reading the clues, I think your guesses for the July and September books are on the money. I think August is a pretty good guess too; however, it gives me a bit of pause as it feels a little weird that they would publish an AGE for Ahlborn at this point when it wasn't an option for the first two books. (I would have killed for an AGE of Brother since there is no other hardcover version of this book and I can't really afford to hop on the Suntup numbered editions bandwagon). In terms of desirability, it's going to boil down to the price of the AGEs this go-round as none of these are must-owns for me.
            You make a good point. I didn't think about the first two books not having an Artist Edition. Since this isn't really a set of books, having an Artist Edition wouldn't be too crazy, but now I have my doubts on this title.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
              My guesses:

B
              Frankenstein was my initial thought on July but the announcement states that it is signed by the author. I would love Stir of Echoes but again that whole signed by author thing is getting the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Frankenstein was my initial thought on July but the announcement states that it is signed by the author. I would love Stir of Echoes but again that whole signed by author thing is getting the way.
                Come on!!

What better reason to reanimate the corpse of Mary Shelley than to sign the Suntup LE of Frankenstein!!

Where’s Herbert West when you need him!!

B

Comment

Received my Suntup AGE of Blackwater today! This one turned out fantastic. Really love the slipcase and the material chosen. Can't wait to finally give this story a read as I have been wanting to read something by McDowell for a very long time!

Comment

Received my Suntup AGE of Blackwater today! This one turned out fantastic. Really love the slipcase and the material chosen. Can't wait to finally give this story a read as I have been wanting to read something by McDowell for a very long time!
                    Congrats, it looks like a beautiful edition. It’s one of my favorite books, and if I didn’t have the Centipede set I would’ve been all over this Suntup volume.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Here are the photos of the Suntup Logo shelf display:
                      It is really well made.
                      DSC_1672.JPGDSC_1673.JPGDSC_1694.JPGDSC_1695.JPG
                      The pre-order window for the next round of these has been opened.

Suntup Editions Bookshelf Display

Comment

I saw this but I am working on scaling back my budget. I love these but will pass.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I saw this but I am working on scaling back my budget. I love these but will pass.
                          Makes sense. Definitely a nice to have rather than a need to have.

Comment

FREE GIVEAWAY:

If anyone is still in need of a Suntup AE of JAWS — and would like it free — I’m doing a post-paid giveaway of one on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...Sm3EfTEv2tto8Q

(Note: The book has an internal ding that intrudes for a dozen pages and does not have a slipcase. See pics at the above link to see the ding.)

Good luck to all who choose to enter.

Comment

So it is indeed THE OUTSIDERS. I remember really enjoying this book when I read it for class back in junior high, but I’m going to skip this new Deluxe Edition of it. I did, though, pick up one of those wood bookshelf displays last night.

Comment

It is The Outsiders. Not that I'm really in the market these days but this book was nothing that ever grabbed me. It's another nice looking edition though. Good luck to all that snag one of these.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X