Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My guesses:

    July: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
    August: Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson
    September: The Stepford Wives

    B

    Comment


      Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

      After reading the clues, I think your guesses for the July and September books are on the money. I think August is a pretty good guess too; however, it gives me a bit of pause as it feels a little weird that they would publish an AGE for Ahlborn at this point when it wasn't an option for the first two books. (I would have killed for an AGE of Brother since there is no other hardcover version of this book and I can't really afford to hop on the Suntup numbered editions bandwagon). In terms of desirability, it's going to boil down to the price of the AGEs this go-round as none of these are must-owns for me.
      I had the same thought.

      Strange to start with the AGEs at book 3.

      B

      Comment


        Originally posted by Splync View Post

        August is The Bird Eater, but I knew what you meant. ;-)
        Yup, I meant The Bird Eater. I don't know how I got that mixed up!

        Comment


          Originally posted by brlesh View Post
          My guesses:

          July: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
          August: Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson
          September: The Stepford Wives

          B
          I really hope your August guess is correct as I would love to own that title! Have always wanted to read Stir of Echoes but have never had any luck finding a hardcover copy in any of my local bookstores.

          Comment


            Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

            After reading the clues, I think your guesses for the July and September books are on the money. I think August is a pretty good guess too; however, it gives me a bit of pause as it feels a little weird that they would publish an AGE for Ahlborn at this point when it wasn't an option for the first two books. (I would have killed for an AGE of Brother since there is no other hardcover version of this book and I can't really afford to hop on the Suntup numbered editions bandwagon). In terms of desirability, it's going to boil down to the price of the AGEs this go-round as none of these are must-owns for me.
            You make a good point. I didn't think about the first two books not having an Artist Edition. Since this isn't really a set of books, having an Artist Edition wouldn't be too crazy, but now I have my doubts on this title.

            Comment


              Originally posted by brlesh View Post
              My guesses:

              July: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
              August: Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson
              September: The Stepford Wives

              B
              Frankenstein was my initial thought on July but the announcement states that it is signed by the author. I would love Stir of Echoes but again that whole signed by author thing is getting the way.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Martin View Post

                Frankenstein was my initial thought on July but the announcement states that it is signed by the author. I would love Stir of Echoes but again that whole signed by author thing is getting the way.
                Come on!!

                What better reason to reanimate the corpse of Mary Shelley than to sign the Suntup LE of Frankenstein!!

                Where’s Herbert West when you need him!!

                B

                Comment


                  Received my Suntup AGE of Blackwater today! This one turned out fantastic. Really love the slipcase and the material chosen. Can't wait to finally give this story a read as I have been wanting to read something by McDowell for a very long time!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Received my Suntup AGE of Blackwater today! This one turned out fantastic. Really love the slipcase and the material chosen. Can't wait to finally give this story a read as I have been wanting to read something by McDowell for a very long time!
                    Congrats, it looks like a beautiful edition. It’s one of my favorite books, and if I didn’t have the Centipede set I would’ve been all over this Suntup volume.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Here are the photos of the Suntup Logo shelf display:
                      It is really well made.
                      DSC_1672.JPGDSC_1673.JPGDSC_1694.JPGDSC_1695.JPG
                      The pre-order window for the next round of these has been opened.

                      Suntup Editions Bookshelf Display

                      Comment


                        I saw this but I am working on scaling back my budget. I love these but will pass.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I saw this but I am working on scaling back my budget. I love these but will pass.
                          Makes sense. Definitely a nice to have rather than a need to have.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X