No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit there was a slight bit of FOMO when I read your post.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    7 left
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Looks like it officially sold out! Glad I was able to snag a copy. If I end up not enjoying, it makes me feel like it's more likely that I'll be able to resell it!

Comment

Congrats to all who purchased a copy.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Looks like it officially sold out! Glad I was able to snag a copy. If I end up not enjoying, it makes me feel like it's more likely that I'll be able to resell it!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Agreed. I think the "classics" are generally safe buys. Somebody with want them.

Comment

Congrats to all who got a copy. The AE is really sharp looking.

Comment

I bought the AE. I see plenty of Numbered copies for sale on the FB pages, but while I like the book, I don't like it enough to spend $500+.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I bought the AE. I see plenty of Numbered copies for sale on the FB pages, but while I like the book, I don't like it enough to spend $500+.

The only reason I would pay the AE price is because it IS "The Omen", for whatever that's worth. I really like the Suntup books and can't say whether the price is "fair" for what it costs to produce. I'll assume it is, but that gets expensive for a new title each month.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

The only reason I would pay the AE price is because it IS "The Omen", for whatever that's worth. I really like the Suntup books and can't say whether the price is "fair" for what it costs to produce. I'll assume it is, but that gets expensive for a new title each month.
                  I buy the AE if it's a book I like and want a nice copy of. I've bought a few Numbered editions, but only the ones I really, really like, such as Neuromancer, I am Legend, etc. I'm certainly no completist, and I'm happy to skip the ones I have no interest in. It gets expensive, and I don't want that much money tied up in books. I just sold the Numbered Red Dragon - every time I looked at it I saw a beautiful book, but also $1500 sitting on my bookshelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I buy the AE if it's a book I like and want a nice copy of. I've bought a few Numbered editions, but only the ones I really, really like, such as Neuromancer, I am Legend, etc. I'm certainly no completist, and I'm happy to skip the ones I have no interest in. It gets expensive, and I don't want that much money tied up in books. I just sold the Numbered Red Dragon - every time I looked at it I saw a beautiful book, but also $1500 sitting on my bookshelf.
                    The temptation to sell a hot book is strong. I've looked over at my copy of Centipede's DUNE a couple of times and think, "You know how many other books I could buy..."

Comment

Not Suntup related, but I eyeball my matching numbered set of SubPress's The Expanse series and see them go for over $3k on eBay and think to myself "there's my new espresso machine and grinder that I want . . ."

And then the evil part of my mind looks at Suntup's (see, it is Suntup related afterall!) numbered Misery and think "there's a chunk of of downpayment for a house, or payoff most of my credit card debt ..."

Comment

Surprised there’s copies of the limited left when the AE sold out so fast.

Comment

Camelot has copies of THE OMEN AE if anyone missed out and is looking for one.

Comment

Camelot to the rescue for some folks. Great heads up.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Camelot has copies of THE OMEN AE if anyone missed out and is looking for one.

Comment

I grabbed one of the AE Omen and passed on the signed. Something about the AE that tops the signed and lettered copies.

Mulleins
                              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                                I grabbed one of the AE Omen and passed on the signed. Something about the AE that tops the signed and lettered copies.

Mulleins
                                You know, I agree. I really like the look of the AE. It makes me doubt my decision to pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X