Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron. I can see why it gets compared to The Wasp Factory but it is very different. Butcher boy is more lyrical and manic. Not as bizarre. I did love Wasp Factory too.

I hope you love BB, Martin. I wouldn't watch either interview I did for The Butcher Boy (McCabe or Lupton) because both contain spoilers.
    Spoilers do not bother me. Hell, I will forget them by the time I read the book.

Comment

I had a hunch this one would be coming eventually. I also have a hunch that the lettered edition will be gifted to Jeff a la Red Dragon. ;-)

Comment

Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron.
        We’ll always have THE ROAD as a point of agreement, Jeff.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Once again looks like a great edition. This book has never been on my radar so I'm going to pass. I'm really happy for Jeff, though!

Comment

I picked it up too. If I don't like it, jeffingoff may be unboxing a pig's head one of these days

After Paul announced the Christmas gift, I went back and counted my book purchases for the year and realized that The Butcher Boy would be # 9. Those enticing copies of Hex were still available, so I bought one to give me ten books for the year.

Comment

Congrats! I wont qualify for the gift but you never know.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              I picked it up too. If I don't like it, jeffingoff may be unboxing a pig's head one of these days

After Paul announced the Christmas gift, I went back and counted my book purchases for the year and realized that The Butcher Boy would be # 9. Those enticing copies of Hex were still available, so I bought one to give me ten books for the year.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Uh oh! I really hope you like it but I don't think getting a pig's head is a bad consequence if you don't. I think I could make dog food from it. Maybe I'll start researching recipes. Just in case. Years ago (before Suntup) I asked Jerad if he'd please publish The Butcher Boy and The Wasp Factory and he told me that he wanted to do both but never could. So Jerad liked this book too.

Comment

Uh oh! I really hope you like it but I don't think getting a pig's head is a bad consequence if you don't. I think I could make dog food from it. Maybe I'll start researching recipes. Just in case. Years ago (before Suntup) I asked Jerad if he'd please publish The Butcher Boy and The Wasp Factory and he told me that he wanted to do both but never could. So Jerad liked this book too.
                  I went back and looked through my emails and here it is--two weeks before I'd place my first Suntup order:

Those two books -- Butcher Boy and Wasp Factory -- I have been wanting to do for a long time!

On Jan 31, 2018, at 7:50 AM, jeff terry wrote:
                  Hi Jerad,

A while back I suggested that maybe Centipede Press should consider taking on Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. Well, as I'm sure you're aware, SubPress actually did the first book in the series in 2006 (?). But I don't think anyone did the original trilogy or the first five. Of course, I could be wrong.

However, I have two other suggestions:
                  1. BUTCHER BOY by Patrick McCabe. It is a stunning, horrific, tragic, heartbreaking novel. I've read it a few times and each time it gains a new angle.
                  2. The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. This one is way out there and enjoys something of a cult following. I've only read it once but it left an impression.

Anyway, hope 2018 is a fantastic year for Centipede Press and you and your family!

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    I had a hunch this one would be coming eventually. I also have a hunch that the lettered edition will be gifted to Jeff a la Red Dragon. ;-)
                    The gift to me is the very fact that Paul is publishing the book. That it exists in such an exceptional way will allow me to die happy. The danger of any publisher taking on a work you love is that it won't live up to what you wanted for the book but Paul has exceeded my expectations with everything about these editions. The added treasure was the chance to talk to Patrick McCabe! That was worth more to me than I can put a price on. I do wish I could have done a better job on the interview, but just to be in his company was magic.

So yeah, I'm plenty lucky with an over-abundance already. You can tell I'm still high. I've been high since after Hex was released and Paul told me it was Butcher Boy. What a way to close out a very stressful year!!

Comment

The gift to me is the very fact that Paul is publishing the book. That it exists in such an exceptional way will allow me to die happy. The danger of any publisher taking on a work you love is that it won't live up to what you wanted for the book but Paul has exceeded my expectations with everything about these editions. The added treasure was the chance to talk to Patrick McCabe! That was worth more to me than I can put a price on. I do wish I could have done a better job on the interview, but just to be in his company was magic.

So yeah, I'm plenty lucky with an over-abundance already. You can tell I'm still high. I've been high since after Hex was released and Paul told me it was Butcher Boy. What a way to close out a very stressful year!!
                      Yes, it's great that Paul is publishing this for you Did you see Noah Mitchell is selling the Lettered for $1500? Talk to Producer Jill!

Comment

Yes, it's great that Paul is publishing this for you Did you see Noah Mitchell is selling the Lettered for $1500? Talk to Producer Jill!
                        I saw that and consulted with Producer Jill and she asked me what organ I was willing to part with. So it doesn't look like it's in the cards . . .

Comment

I saw that and consulted with Producer Jill and she asked me what organ I was willing to part with. So it doesn't look like it's in the cards . . .
                          You only need a little less than 9,000 subscribers. A couple of days effort on a script to generate unique users and subscribe should get you over the top. As soon as you have the subscribers, show the boss and make the purchase. Should take Youtube a few hours to figure it out and purge them so work fast.

Comment

Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
                              Noah Mitchell already sold his lettered copy for several hundred less than cover price, but it would have been a good trade!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

You only need a little less than 9,000 subscribers. A couple of days effort on a script to generate unique users and subscribe should get you over the top. As soon as you have the subscribers, show the boss and make the purchase. Should take Youtube a few hours to figure it out and purge them so work fast.
                                I wish I had the gumption for a little fraud.

Comment

Working...
                                X