No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't expect this to change either. I can dream though.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I believe Horns remains the only Artist edition signed by the author. I do not expect that to change.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      I don't expect this to change either. I can dream though.

The Artist Ed. of KPB’s GUESTS will be signed by the author, albeit who is also the artist.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yeah, I wish that the Suntup AGEs had author signatures too! I've always wondered why they don’t

or, is it something done to try to increase interest in the more expensive editions? .
        That’s always been my assumption, so to make the numbered and lettered more desirable and exclusive, thereby validating the not-insignificant additional expense.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That’s always been my assumption, so to make the numbered and lettered more desirable and exclusive, thereby validating the not-insignificant additional expense.
          Yeah, that's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I've pretty much gotten over it at this point as I know that I'll never be able to jump on the numbered/lettered train without hitting the lottery.

Comment

I'm assuming that is the idea as well. I'm with you in regards to the train. It's out of my range and so are many of the AE's. I have had to cut back on my Suntup addiction because $100+ books are pushing my financial means. I love the books but have to stay within a reasonable budget for my hobby.

I think my wife would be mortified if she had any idea what I spend on books!

Yeah, that's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I've pretty much gotten over it at this point as I know that I'll never be able to jump on the numbered/lettered train without hitting the lottery.

Comment

Yeah, I wish that the Suntup AGEs had author signatures too! I've always wondered why they don't. Are authors charging extra to sign the AGE; or, is it something done to try to increase interest in the more expensive editions? If I am being honest, while it is a nice bonus feature, I really don't care that the AGEs are signed by the artist. While I love good cover & interior artwork, having a particular artist signature would never push me to make a purchase. In fact, I have purchased numerous books with dubious artwork just because it's the story/author that matters to me most. I would much rather any potential "sig-fee" go toward getting an author to sign rather than the artist.
              I have read before that typically the authors are not paid for the signatures; it is a courtesy thing. Not sure if that is accurate in all cases.

Comment

The Artist Ed. of KPB’s GUESTS will be signed by the author, albeit who is also the artist.
                Valid point but I do not count it as he is the artist. I did think he should sign the limited and lettered editions twice though.

Comment

Even though I may not be a player in today's release I'm still looking forward to it. Will have to see what the book is, price point, and specifically if I like the artwork.

Comment

Even though I may not be a player in today's release I'm still looking forward to it. Will have to see what the book is, price point, and specifically if I like the artwork.
                    The artwork is perfect for this book! AND the artist is open to doing remarques!

Comment

Same here. I never bite on the Suntup books but I always check in for the announcements.

Comment

Woot! I love remarques.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

The artwork is perfect for this book! AND the artist is open to doing remarques!

Comment

Well I really like the artwork. I think it is phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I do plan to pass as my earlier attempt at reading this a decade or so ago didn't work, and since I'm trying to impose some sort of sanity and cost-control on this hobby of mine I have to pass on DNF books. Maybe now older and wiser I'd appreciate the book more, I don't know. It gets compared often to Banks' THE WASP FACTORY, and I thought that book was great, so <shrug>.

I almost feel like congratulating you, jeffingoff , on the release...that's got to feel exciting to see one's favorite (of two) book being given the deluxe treatment. Good luck convincing Producer Jill to let you pursue a lettered. Okay, off to watch your interview with McCabe...I'm sure it'll be great.

Comment

I do plan to pass as my earlier attempt at reading this a decade or so ago didn't work, and since I'm trying to impose some sort of sanity and cost-control on this hobby of mine I have to pass on DNF books. Maybe now older and wiser I'd appreciate the book more, I don't know. It gets compared often to Banks' THE WASP FACTORY, and I thought that book was great, so <shrug>.

I almost feel like congratulating you, jeffingoff , on the release...that's got to feel exciting to see one's favorite (of two) book being given the deluxe treatment. Good luck convincing Producer Jill to let you pursue a lettered. Okay, off to watch your interview with McCabe...I'm sure it'll be great.
                              I do consider this the Jeff Terry book. The story interests me but I have never read it. I will read it when I receive the Suntup Artist edition. If I do not like it, I will know who to blame. I have one more meeting today and then I will check out Jeff's interview.

Comment

Thank you both Martin and Ron!

I'm sorry you didn't like it Ron. I can see why it gets compared to The Wasp Factory but it is very different. Butcher boy is more lyrical and manic. Not as bizarre. I did love Wasp Factory too.

I hope you love BB, Martin. I wouldn't watch either interview I did for The Butcher Boy (McCabe or Lupton) because both contain spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                                X