No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who aren't on FB or subscribers to my channel, I'm giving away a numbered edition of The Collector with rights to a below 250 number! All you have to do is subscribe. Once I hit 1000 subscribers, I'll do a video with details on how you can enter. I'm thrilled for the chance to do this! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I saw your big giveaway video after I posted this link. Pretty cool stuff. So basically if you add about 200 subscribers before the next Suntup announcement someone will be gifted a Signed copy of 'The Collector' with rights to future Suntup limited editions. Nice giveaway to be followed by a signed King book. Anyone on here who is not subscribed may want to join the fun! SUNTUP NUMBERED EDITION GIVEAWAY! - YouTube
      Ah! Yes, that's the plan! I didn't see your post when I was posting my post. I think you did a better job describing what's up and the key benefit--joining the fun!

Comment

Jumped back on the train this afternoon with a <250 number.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Jumped back on the train this afternoon with a <250 number.
          If you have not read 'The Collector' I think you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

If you have not read 'The Collector' I think you will love it.
            Just might be my next listen if it's on audio. I need to try and find the movie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Just might be my next listen if it's on audio. I need to try and find the movie as well.
              It is done well on audio. Listened to it again last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                For those who aren't on FB or subscribers to my channel, I'm giving away a numbered edition of The Collector with rights to a below 250 number! All you have to do is subscribe. Once I hit 1000 subscribers, I'll do a video with details on how you can enter. I'm thrilled for the chance to do this! Good luck!

What a great Give-Away! I went to your channel to make sure I was (still) subscribed and was surprised to see that I wasn't. Even though I know I've hit that button- possibly even twice before (my kids and I watch all the time and enjoy the vids). Weird. Maybe it's all the different platforms I/my family use to watch youtube now: computer, phone, TV, tablet, and possibly not being properly signed in on one. Anyway, folks should double-check to make sure that they're subscribed to Jeff's great channel.

Comment

Received my AGE of Replay. Another top notch production by Suntup! I am so happy to have a special edition of this novel as it is one of my all time favorite stories; however, if I am being totally honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the artwork chosen for the story. A bit too abstract for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Received my AGE of Replay. Another top notch production by Suntup! I am so happy to have a special edition of this novel as it is one of my all time favorite stories; however, if I am being totally honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the artwork chosen for the story. A bit too abstract for me.
                    Received my copy yesterday. Started reading it last night. I have no issue with the art but I do not know the story yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                      I received my copy yesterday, and posted pics of it on Twitter today. The issue of the art came up in the conversation thread…I think many, including me, are a bit puzzled by the choice of surrealist art for a story that is, other than the plot device, very grounded in reality. I wouldn’t have missed this deluxe edition of one of my favorite books, but as beautiful as the art is, for me it misses the tone of the book entirely…I understand the value of personal interpretation and different perspectives, butvI’m not even sure what the pieces are necessarily portraying — the cover, for example…no clue. Granted, it’s been a while since I read the book, but that’s not the story I remember.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I received my copy yesterday, and posted pics of it on Twitter today. The issue of the art came up in the conversation thread…I think many, including me, are a bit puzzled by the choice of surrealist art for a story that is, other than the plot device, very grounded in reality. I wouldn’t have missed this deluxe edition of one of my favorite books, but as beautiful as the art is, for me it misses the tone of the book entirely…I understand the value of personal interpretation and different perspectives, butvI’m not even sure what the pieces are necessarily portraying — the cover, for example…no clue. Granted, it’s been a while since I read the book, but that’s not the story I remember.
                        Couldn't have stated this any better. Exactly what I was trying to convey! The art, while well done and impressive to look at, doesn't have anything to do with the story, IMO. Would love to see Paul at Suntup do some sort of interview with the artist as I would love to hear his thoughts on why he created the art pieces that he created. Am wondering if the artist actually read the book or if they were just given a general idea as to what it was about and some of the themes. Am wondering if artists generally read the books that they are illustrating or if they prefer to create something without that influence. I'm sure it varies by artist; however, I've never really thought about that until now.

Comment

I read the first 200 pages of Replay last night, and the art seemed like random pages from a catalog, having nothing to do with the story that I could see. I'm enjoying the book, though...probably at least 25 years since I last read it.

Comment

That is interesting. Having never read this book I was intrigued upon release however the artwork (among other reasons $$) didn't grab me enough to make the purchase.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            I read the first 200 pages of Replay last night, and the art seemed like random pages from a catalog, having nothing to do with the story that I could see. I'm enjoying the book, though...probably at least 25 years since I last read it.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Replay has been on my radar for YEARS (not sure where I first stumbled upon it,) but I never bought it since I never found a used copy of it. I did get the Suntup AGE though and it arrived last week. I looked on Kindle (where most of my reading has been occurring lately) and it doesn't appear that there's a Kindle version (in English at least) which I thought was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Replay has been on my radar for YEARS (not sure where I first stumbled upon it,) but I never bought it since I never found a used copy of it. I did get the Suntup AGE though and it arrived last week. I looked on Kindle (where most of my reading has been occurring lately) and it doesn't appear that there's a Kindle version (in English at least) which I thought was odd.
                                I am surprised it is not available on Kindle. I was not familiar with the story before. Four chapters into the Suntup edition and it is a fantastic read so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X