Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Yea. I want a copy as well but not sure I will be able to pull that trigger. Secondary market still isn't a buyers market for Suntup though. Best of luck to you!

Based on the last few months, you can probably get a copy for list price during the presale period. There seems to be a handful of people that are looking to just stay on the numbered train and end up selling their copies at cost.

I can keep an eye open for some on the Facebook group if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
      I like the Silence of the Lambs book overall but I’m a bit on the fence at the idea of making Jason Voorhees so prominent. In all seriousness I am aware that in the book he does wear a hockey mask but it’s hard for me to look at the cover and see it as being Hannibal.
      Yeah, same... I know it's book accurate, but Jason has really laid claim to that style of hockey mask.

Comment

https://suntup.press/blackwater

Go check it out. It's out of my grasp so I will just enjoy from a distance. Good luck all!

The artwork is pretty cool. I think this will be another nice looking book.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Oof, that's a bit steep for a AGE.

But I love the book and the Centipede Editions are obscenely expensive, so I guess Paul can take my money.

Comment

Noah Mitchell is selling a numbered for $700 shipped ($50 above cost), if anyone was looking for a numbered edition.

Comment

I have to draw a line somewhere, and this line hurts, but this is just to pricey for this country bumpkin. I could buy it but I just can't make myself do it.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Oof, that's a bit steep for a AGE.

But I love the book and the Centipede Editions are obscenely expensive, so I guess Paul can take my money.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I thought Paul said in the livestream yesterday that this would be one of the cheaper ones. Perhaps I misheard him?

This AE is the second most expensive AE Suntup has produced. Unless he meant the numbered edition? But I wouldn't exactly call $650 the cheaper end of the spectrum...

Comment

I picked up a copy of the AE. I've been wanting to read something by McDowell for awhile; so, I'm quite happy with this announcement. I also figured that it would be around the same price point as Imajica since they are both pretty large books; so, I'm not really shocked by the sticker price for this one.

Comment

I have the Centipede edition of this one, so while I was tempted by this attractive omnibus volume, it just would’ve been a shelf prize, too unwieldy for a comfortable reread. And my budget isn’t such that I can afford near $200 shelf prizes. I’m glad the book is getting additional exposure, though…it’s an incredible read, unbelievably immersive, one of my favorites.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.

Comment

Still mulling it over. At $175 the price point for the AE is higher than what I was hoping for.

I feel kinda silly hesitating on pulling the trigger because I’m arguing price point being too high, but also using the argument about tracking down the Centipede Press edition instead which will easily set me back 4-5 times the amount of the Suntup edition… sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.
                          Ah, yes. DUNE. One day that bad boy will arrive and will destroy my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Still mulling it over. At $175 the price point for the AE is higher than what I was hoping for.

I feel kinda silly hesitating on pulling the trigger because I’m arguing price point being too high, but also using the argument about tracking down the Centipede Press edition instead which will easily set me back 4-5 times the amount of the Suntup edition… sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works.
                            And yet most of us here — certainly including me — can understand that line of thinking perfectly. :-)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hahahahahaha.....I can relate to this -> "sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works."

It really is a scary place up there.

Mulleins
                              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Thanks, Ron and mulleins. I figured there would have to be someone who’d relate.

I’m still on the fence with the AE—I really like the art, same artist that did Centipede’s edition of CONJURE WIFE, I think—but I did get very close to pulling the trigger on a numbered edition this morning. Had it in my cart, address input and everything. I wound up backing off, deciding that if I spent that much I’d rather have the Centipede Press edition. The numbered edition looks beautiful, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X