No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last update on the Suntup site for the AE of 1984 is dated 5/2/21. Anyone have an idea when this thing may be ready to ship?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      The last update on the Suntup site for the AE of 1984 is dated 5/2/21. Anyone have an idea when this thing may be ready to ship?
      It says casemaking is still in progress. I remember Paul saying something about it on a recent Facebook video. When the slipcase parts were put together, the images/print weren't lining up properly, so things were being reworked.

Comment

Countdown to the Suntup release is at about 10 minutes from now. I dropped out of the Suntup FB group (moving away from FB) so I'm not sure if there are any guesses or not on the title.

Comment

I think they are shooting for the AE's shipping in late August.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

It says casemaking is still in progress. I remember Paul saying something about it on a recent Facebook video. When the slipcase parts were put together, the images/print weren't lining up properly, so things were being reworked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Countdown to the Suntup release is at about 10 minutes from now. I dropped out of the Suntup FB group (moving away from FB) so I'm not sure if there are any guesses or not on the title.
            I heard no guesses primarily because no hints were offered. It is 'Johnny Got His Gun' by Dalton Trumbo. This an absolute must have for me.

Comment

Great book and love (love!) the artwork. Sadly bad timing for me but I like that the price is a little lower.

Maybe this will be a book that lingers for sale for awhile. If not, at some point in the future, this will be something I will keep my eye out for on the secondary market.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I heard no guesses primarily because no hints were offered. It is 'Johnny Got His Gun' by Dalton Trumbo. This an absolute must have for me.

Comment

This is one of my favorite books. However I’m going to pass on this. Congratulations to those who are purchasing this one.

Comment

I have to admit to having never read it, but while it is certainly a book that I should -- and plan to, after this reminder of its lasting importance -- it's not a book I feel compelled to add a spendy volume of to my collection. I will, however, pick up a used pb of it to read the next time I'm at my local HPB.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I picked up a paperback edition many years ago from Borders. This book was always on my radar because Metallica wrote their song One based on it. (Well, maybe the song is based on the movie which is based on the book, so does that mean the song is based on the book? How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?)

Anyways, I picked up the AE of this one since it's at least a book I've read (not that that has stopped me on other Suntup books.)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      I picked up a paperback edition many years ago from Borders. This book was always on my radar because Metallica wrote their song One based on it. (Well, maybe the song is based on the movie which is based on the book, so does that mean the song is based on the book? How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?)

Anyways, I picked up the AE of this one since it's at least a book I've read (not that that has stopped me on other Suntup books.)
                      I did not realize Metallica's song One had anything to do with this story but once you mentioned it seams obvious.

Comment

The video for One was even cut with scenes from the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

There's a second video that just has the band. Which explains why the VHS release back in the olden times was called Two of One (because it had two videos for the song One.)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          The video for One was even cut with scenes from the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

There's a second video that just has the band. Which explains why the VHS release back in the olden times was called Two of One (because it had two videos for the song One.)
                          I am sure I have seen the music video but have not seen the movie so it would not have clicked from that. The lyrics are spot on for the story though I just never put one and one together.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I just never put one and one together.
                            See what you did there?! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

See what you did there?! ;-)
                              I almost said that "I never put one and the story together".

Comment

This is a pretty easy pass for me. While I'd like to read the book, I don't need a $125 edition of it.

I've seen some chat about how this isn't selling out in an hour. I still think that 500 copies in 24 hours is pretty darn good. Honestly, 1000 copies is a whole lot of copies to move title after title. Regardless of the quality of the production, $125 is a big chunk of change for non-diehard collectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X