Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I’m a really big Burke fan, so if it’s him I might be angling for a limited.
    Nice thing is that in this instance the Artist Edition will be signed by both artist and author. I also hope it’s KPB, as I really like and collect his work, and he hasn’t been blessed with a limited-edition for a while. I have been picking up his self-pub’d tpbs, but it’d be nice to see his work again given the handsome treatment it deserves.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It was also stated that these editions will be on the lower end of the price scale since the production costs are lower. I am guessing that statement is really directed at the Limited and Lettered.

Comment

Woot! Kealan Patrick Burke.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Woot! Kealan Patrick Burke.
          Order placed! This is fantastic news although I have three of the stories already I am really excited to read the new story and re-read the others in a beautiful new edition. I hope this brings a new focus n Mr. Burkes story telling as he is a great story teller!

Comment

Placed my order as well and am super excited! Don't own/haven't read any of these, and, it seems like forever since Burke released a new hardcover. Can't wait to add this to my collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Order placed! This is fantastic news although I have three of the stories already I am really excited to read the new story and re-read the others in a beautiful new edition. I hope this brings a new focus n Mr. Burkes story telling as he is a great story teller!
              I also have three of the four (and JACK & JILL already in a S/L HC, and SOUR CANDY coming soon as one of CD’s S/L HCs in their Novella Series), which did give me some pause. I’d hoped at least one of the three reprints would be obscure enough that I hadn’t read it, but it wasn’t to be. I certainly understand why those three fine tales were picked, though, so can’t argue against their inclusion. Ultimately, my affection for Burke’s work and the desire to read the new one won out and I ordered an AE.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I also have three of the four (and JACK & JILL already in a S/L HC, and SOUR CANDY coming soon as one of CD’s S/L HCs in their Novella Series), which did give me some pause. I’d hoped at least one of the three reprints would be obscure enough that I hadn’t read it, but it wasn’t to be. I certainly understand why those three fine tales were picked, though, so can’t argue against their inclusion. Ultimately, my affection for Burke’s work and the desire to read the new one won out and I ordered an AE.
                Your comment got me to thinking about how I have each story as I know that I read the three previously released. I have the CD Jack & Jill S/L. I actually have two of these, one being a PC. Guessing the PC was in a grab bag at some point. I have the CD ARC of Sour Candy. It does not appear that I have a physical copy of Blanky but I know I have read it. I have to assume I received an ebook as part of his Digital 50 subscription.

Comment

Three great stories and glad to see them getting a fancy edition.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Order placed for the numbered and AE. I hate to say it, but this might be a numbered that I don't keep. I'm sure it'll be beautiful, but the AE might suffice for the collection.

Definitely looking forward to it though!

Comment

Congratulations to everyone who is getting this one. Of the 3 stories already published blanky is my favorite. It’s really twisted. Hopefully the title story gets a separate edition after this one is released. KPB is very talented and I think he is really underrated as a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        Congratulations to everyone who is getting this one. Of the 3 stories already published blanky is my favorite. It’s really twisted. Hopefully the title story gets a separate edition after this one is released. KPB is very talented and I think he is really underrated as a writer.
                        My personal ranking of the three would be:
                        1. Jack and Jill
                        2. Blanky
                        3. Sour Candy

Jack and Jill and Blanky are close though.
                        Last edited by Martin; 05-20-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

My personal ranking of the three would be:
                          1. Jack and Jill
                          2. Blanky
                          2. Sour Candy

Jack and Jill and Blanky are close though.
                          Miine would be exactly the opposite order. Viva la diferencia!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Miine would be exactly the opposite order. Viva la diferencia!
                            I do think I need to read Sour Candy again. I do not think my frame of mind was right when I read it. My ranking may change.

Comment

I'm on that fence. I love KPB, but I already have Jack & Jill and Sour Candy will be coming out from CD, leaving only two novellas in the lot. And I just bought two rather expensive books (both at the same price as the AE or higher) and a I just stumbled upon a VERY expensive book I've been looking for. Decisions, decisions.

This is the first time that I've liked all three editions that Suntup is offering. Usually one or two leave me cold, but all three of these look fantastic. And I absolutely love the look of the lettered edition. If I had the $1500 available, I'd love to get that one and have a very high end edition of KPB's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                I'm on that fence. I love KPB, but I already have Jack & Jill and Sour Candy will be coming out from CD, leaving only two novellas in the lot. And I just bought two rather expensive books (both at the same price as the AE or higher) and a I just stumbled upon a VERY expensive book I've been looking for. Decisions, decisions.

This is the first time that I've liked all three editions that Suntup is offering. Usually one or two leave me cold, but all three of these look fantastic. And I absolutely love the look of the lettered edition. If I had the $1500 available, I'd love to get that one and have a very high end edition of KPB's work.
                                I have had the same thoughts on the lettered. I have even debated entering a lottery if any copies remain. Then logic kicks in and I tell myself 1. You will not spend that much on a book 2. If you did spend that much on a book think of what else you could get. I will settle for the Artist and Limited editions.

Comment

Working...
                                X