No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested Jeff Terry is FB live on the Fans of Suntup page right now.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      It's officially The Island of Doctor Moreau. Easy pass for me but the book, as usual, looks very nice.
      While not my favorite Wells story, I'm impressed with the production values here, and the extras included in terms of foreword/afterword/appendices. Pricing aside, the binding design for the lettered is simple and striking, think they did a great job with that.

Comment

I like the art work but this is not for me. Never been much of a Wells fan

Comment

For anyone interested Jeff Terry is FB live on the Fans of Suntup page right now.
          Does me no good. They have that locked down so as a Facebook outsider I am unable to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            I like the art work but this is not for me. Never been much of a Wells fan
            Me too. Might be more interested in the epic fantasy later in the month.

Comment

Passing, but it's a nice addition to the Wells set for those who had bought the earlier volumes.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Surprisingly, I'm actually debating picking this one up. Of all of Wells's books, this one is the one that I've most meant to get around to reading. Since it doesn't make the previous set of Wells books, my Collector OCD won't kick in, prodding me to track down the other books to match. The $130 price point is making take a moment and think it over.

I typically like the designs of the lettered editions, but this time I'm rather partial to the limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Surprisingly, I'm actually debating picking this one up. Of all of Wells's books, this one is the one that I've most meant to get around to reading. Since it doesn't make the previous set of Wells books, my Collector OCD won't kick in, prodding me to track down the other books to match. The $130 price point is making take a moment and think it over.

I typically like the designs of the lettered editions, but this time I'm rather partial to the limited.
                  I ordered a copy of Island.

I don't have the first 3 Wells books from Suntup, by Isand is my favorite work by Wells.

It also sounds like there is a good bit of bonus material in this edition.

B

Comment

Just recieved the numbered 1984 today. What an outstanding edition.

Comment

Congrats. I saw some photos of the case and it looked very nice and unique.

Looking forward to my A/E.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
                      Just recieved the numbered 1984 today. What an outstanding edition.

Comment

DRP has 31 copies of the island of doctor moreau artist edition if anyone is looking.

Comment

Not sure if it has been guessed, but I will guess Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake for the title on the 29th. The EP edition is a bit over 1000 for the three books.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            Not sure if it has been guessed, but I will guess Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake for the title on the 29th. The EP edition is a bit over 1000 for the three books.
                            It's signed by the author, so not the Gormenghast series I'm afraid, though oddly enough I did recently pickup a copy of the FS edition - which is pretty nice.

Comment

How about War of The Flowers by Tad Williams?

Comment

How about War of The Flowers by Tad Williams?
                                It's published by DAW, and they are notorious for not letting anyone do LEs of their titles. Paul is awesome, but I doubt he's going to succeed where folks like Bill Schaefer have failed for years and years.

Comment

Working...
                                X