Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I had been thinking The Island of Doctor Moreau prior to today's video, but now I'm thinking this isn't the case. I'm thinking that guesses for Frankenstein or Lord of the Flies may be more accurate. And I really hope that it ISN'T Frankenstein. I love that novel, but I don't need any more editions...
    Agreed - there is no shortage of 'Frankenstein' fine-press & 'nice' editions - several of them published in just the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

Agreed - there is no shortage of 'Frankenstein' fine-press & 'nice' editions - several of them published in just the past few years.
      Frankenstein would be worst thing to do for sure. But people would have to buy it otherwise they'll miss out on next books, but it's guaranteed it'll be a straight to ebay kind of thing if that was the book. I know I can't read any more versions of that book just like Alice in wonderland, even if was printed in 24k gold lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post

Frankenstein would be worst thing to do for sure. But people would have to buy it otherwise they'll miss out on next books, but it's guaranteed it'll be a straight to ebay kind of thing if that was the book. I know I can't read any more versions of that book just like Alice in wonderland, even if was printed in 24k gold lol.
        I appear to be in the minority but I would love a nice edition of Frankenstein. All the other deluxe editions held little interest and I only own this one in audio. All of the conventional wisdom (Of which I have none) guesses sound good to me. So it will probably be none of them.

Comment

I would love it to be lord of the flies

Comment

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
            I would love it to be lord of the flies
            I hope it is -- I already have a nice Folio Society of that one, and my wallet could use a break. I'm starting to realize I get almost as excited when they're books I already have nice editions of and know I'll save $$$ as when they're books I need.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think I will be passing on basically anything it may be. I have four Suntup books on pre-order with two of these paid for already and two to be paid once the books are ready to be shipped. I am a fan of the press but the price point(s) aren't really meant for me on any kind of consistent basis.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post

The worst part is that Frankenstein is such a classic that it's usually one of the first titles people think of when requesting horror titles, no matter how many copies they already have at home.

Comment

The worst part is that Frankenstein is such a classic that it's usually one of the first titles people think of when requesting horror titles, no matter how many copies they already have at home.
                  It also reads well today. Many older works do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It also reads well today. Many older works do not.
                    Oh it certainly does. Don't get me wrong, I love the novel!

Back in my college days I even did an Honors thesis on the novel and the role of Frankenstein as a natural philosopher/scientist.

I just don't see it as a must have for a Suntup Edition.

Comment

Oh it certainly does. Don't get me wrong, I love the novel!

Back in my college days I even did an Honors thesis on the novel and the role of Frankenstein as a natural philosopher/scientist.

I just don't see it as a must have for a Suntup Edition.
                      Totally understand. For me, I eventually need to add a physical copy and a Suntup edition would work well for me,

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Totally understand. For me, I eventually need to add a physical copy and a Suntup edition would work well for me,
                        Have you looked at the Arion edition? The illustrations are unconventional, I like the concept and execution - but understand that not all will. I think it's nicer in person than it shows in pictures. Of course I'd love a copy of the Pennyroyal edition, but the budget doesn't stretch I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

Have you looked at the Arion edition? The illustrations are unconventional, I like the concept and execution - but understand that not all will. I think it's nicer in person than it shows in pictures. Of course I'd love a copy of the Pennyroyal edition, but the budget doesn't stretch I'm afraid.
                          I have seen photos of the Pennyroyal edition and they are stunning. Have never seen one for sale but I am sure it would be way more than I would spend. Had not heard of Arion so I just looked it up. To be honest the book looks nice but I do not care for the art and the price is way to high based on the photos on their website. If I decided the I had to have a copy I would probably go in search of a reasonable priced Centipede Press edition. That one was published before I discovered Centipede but I have seen them pop up for sale occasionally.

Comment

My interest is piqued so I’ll be checking out the announcement. If it’s FRANKENSTEIN I’ll be passing. If I drop money on this particular book, I’d be joining Martin in tracking down a copy of the Centipede edition since I’ve had my eye on it for awhile.

LORD OF THE FLIES would be cool, but probably not an “essential” book for me, but who knows, my mind might change once I see the design.

Comment

I can't remember if I have a limited Frankenstein. In the process of building a house and offset library so most of my books are packed. And of course I cant find my list.

Comment

It's officially The Island of Doctor Moreau. Easy pass for me but the book, as usual, looks very nice.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X