X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

The Hendrix introduction is a reprint but the introduction from the authors husband is new.
    In the PB I have of of this her husband wrote the afterword I believe. To lazy to go pull it off the shelf right now. I know he wrote something for the book

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Just saw the artwork for the latest book. Love it.

Per usual I do not like the price point.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    GREAT. I still bought it. Still gonna read it. But if this is even 1/10th as pointless as The Mailman, then I might have to sell it. Though unlike a Bentley Little book, I'll actually be able to get real money for it.

I'd rather go by Grady Hendrix's appraisal: The Auctioneer feels like "If Cormac McCarthy had written Needful Things." By that measure, you'll probably have to buy number 23 from my grandkids.
    I think you will like The Auctioneer. It's a good read. I can see why Grady Hendrix said that. Think about it as if McCarthy and Little had a daughter. The authors success and then tragic death make for an interesting story as well. You wonder what might have been if things were different.
    Last edited by bookworm 1; 09-20-2020, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I'd rather go by Grady Hendrix's appraisal: The Auctioneer feels like "If Cormac McCarthy had written Needful Things." By that measure, you'll probably have to buy number 23 from my grandkids.
    Totally off-topic, but if you want to see Cormac's voice put to use in the field of comedy, the site 'Yelping with Cormac' is a great way to kill a little bit of time - this is my favorite - https://yelpingwithcormac.tumblr.com...0/dotties-cafe

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    I will be buying it. Wendell Minor is a great artist and I have a few books signed by him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X