No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Suntup resale figures, for those not on Facebook. I need to take some pics of my numbered Red Dragon and sell it. It's a beautiful book, but if it's going for $1700, then it's going

EOTD letter $1250* (list $795)
    EOTD #1-250 $340 (list $295)

Misery letter $18.500* (list $3.950)
    Misery #1-185 black $7950 (list $525)
    Misery #186-200 red $8750* (private distribution)
    Misery AGE $495 (list $110)***

HoHH letter $3.750* (list $2500)
    HoHH #1-185 without planchette $1600 (list $350)
    HoHH #1-185 with planchette $1750 (list $350)

Horns letter $2750* (list $2995)
    Horns red snake skin [$3500] (1 lottery winner, 3 private)
    Horns #1-250 black $665 (list $675)
    Horns #251-265 red [$2500] (private distribution)
    Horns AGE $195 (list $85)

RB letter $5000* (list $3950)
    RB #1-250 $690 (list $695)
    RB AGE $450 (list $85)***

The Road letter $4500 (list $1650)
    The Road #1-250 $1700 (list $395)

Brother letter $1800* (list $2150)
    Brother #1-500 $300 (list $275)***

IAL letter [$3500] (list $3500)
    IAL #1-250 $599 (list $695)
    IAL AGE $165 (list $75)***

Time Machine roman numeral I-V [$15.000] (list $12.950)
    Time Machine letter $2500* (list $2150)
    Time Machine #1-250 $450 (list $295)

Invisible Man letter [$2500] (list $2150)
    Invisible Man #1-250 $450 (list $295)

War of the Worlds letter [$3000] (list $2250)
    War of the Worlds #1-250 $500 (list $395)

HG Wells set letter [$6500-7000] (list $5895 set discount)
    HG Wells set #1-250 $1.300 (list $886.50 set discount)***

Bridges of Madison County letter $2300 (list $1895)

Red Dragon letter $5500* (list $2700)
    Red Dragon #1-250 $1700 (list $475)***
    Red Dragon AGE $275 (list $65)***

F451 letter $3650 (list $2950)
    F451 #1-250 $675 (list $595)
    F451 AGE $150 (list $95)***

The Lottery letter $2250 (list $1895)
    The Lottery #1-250 $450 (list $350)

Bibliomysteries letter $2500* (list $1950)
    Bibliomysteries #1-250 $495 (list $375)***

1984 letter [$3500] (list $2950)
    1984 #1-250 $900 (list $675)
    1984 AGE $120 (list $120) still in stock

LTROI letter $2750* (list $2500)***
    LTROI #1-250 $800 (list $575)
    LTROI AGE $130 (list $130) still in stock

Neuromancer letter [$4000] (list $2500)
    Neuromancer 1/1 custom bind [$5000] (contest winner)
    Neuromancer #1-250 $800 (list $575)

Auctioneer letter *$2300 (list $2150)
    Auctioneer #1-250 $400 (list $495)***
    Auctioneer AGE $125 (list $125) still in stock

A Scanner Darkly letter $2300* (list $2150)
    A Scanner Darkly #1-250 $650 (list $575)
    A Scanner Darkly AGE [$175] (list $125)

The World doesn't End letter [$1950] (list $1950)
    The World doesn't End #1-150 $550 (list $550)

Seed letter [$1500] (list $1500)
    Seed #1-350 $350* (list $375)

ST and SIASL letter set 3100 (list $2800)
    ST and SIASL #1-250 set $950 (list $575)***
    ST and SIASL AE set [$260] (list $260)

Starship Troopers letter [$1300] (list $1300)
    Starship Troopers #1-250 [$255] (list $255)
    Starship Troopers AE [$125] (list $125)

Stranger in Strange Land letter [$1500] (list $1500)
    Stranger in Strange Land #1-250 [$320] (list $320)
    Stranger in Strange Land AE [$135] (list $135)

Silence of the Lambs letter [$5000] (list $2500)
    Silence of the Lambs #1-350 1500(!) (list $475)***
    Silence of the Lambs AE $300* (list $145)

[$value] = no known sales data to me
    $value* = less than 3 sales data points known to me
    $value***=recently updated
    ! SotL was mostly sold with rights until now. I deducted $500 for rights in these cases

Comment

Wasn't able to watch the Facebook announcement today. Was anything interesting announced? Any guesses as to what tomorrow's book will be? Am interested to hear what you all think.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Wasn't able to watch the Facebook announcement today. Was anything interesting announced? Any guesses as to what tomorrow's book will be? Am interested to hear what you all think.
        No obvious clue. Number one requested book on survey. Four editions, Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. All except Artist printed Letterpress. Artist print run 1,000, expects quick sellout due to the title.

Comment

No idea what it will be (Paul said "not Jaws"), but I'm only going for an Artist Edition, so I'll be ready and waiting at 12pm EST tomorrow.

Paul said that 5 of the Roman Numeral copies of the book will be open to a lottery drawing. If I entered that it would be strictly to flip it...no way I'm spending that much on one book

Comment

LOL.I don't even have enough credit to try and flip one of those.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Paul said that 5 of the Roman Numeral copies of the book will be open to a lottery drawing. If I entered that it would be strictly to flip it...no way I'm spending that much on one book
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

No obvious clue. Number one requested book on survey. Four editions, Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. All except Artist printed Letterpress. Artist print run 1,000, expects quick sellout due to the title.
              Working with 3 bits of information:
              • We know it's a horror book
              • It's not signed by the author - so likely not a living author
              • Based on Paul's comment about needing to get it 'locked down' would lead me to believe it's covered under copyright protection- so that would remove classics like 'Frankenstein' and 'Dracula'.

So, I'm going with the majority opinion here of 'The Exorcist' at this point. though I suppose 'Psycho' might fit as well?

Comment

I'm thinking that Paul's rush to get things locked down may have to do with a milestone... This year is the 50th anniversary of The Exorcist! They may have needed to beat anyone else's plans for an anniversary edition.

He also mentioned that this novel was based on something. Blatty was inspired to write the novel after reading about the 1949 exorcism of Roland Doe.

Psycho would be good too, but I'm really hoping for The Exorcist. I cannot own enough copies, haha!

Comment

If it is The Exorcist, I won't have any regrets skipping it.

Not that it's a bad book, mind you, just not one for which I'm compelled to own a fine edition.

Comment

If it ends up being the Exorcist I would probably pass as I already have a limited edition of that book. I personally prefer not to have multiple copies of the same book (not enough shelf space as it is). It would also surprise me as I would never have pegged that one as the most requested book in the survey, not that it isn't a fantastic & popular book. I just figured that most horror collectors would already have some sort of version of that book in their libraries and would instead choose something that hasn't had the limited treatment yet; or a book that isn't an easy find on the secondary market; or something by Stephen King (of course). Either way, I will be tuned in tomorrow to see what is offered and do hope that it is something that intrigues me.

Comment

If it ends up being the Exorcist I would probably pass as I already have a limited edition of that book. I personally prefer not to have multiple copies of the same book (not enough shelf space as it is). It would also surprise me as I would never have pegged that one as the most requested book in the survey, not that it isn't a fantastic & popular book. I just figured that most horror collectors would already have some sort of version of that book in their libraries and would instead choose something that hasn't had the limited treatment yet; or a book that isn't an easy find on the secondary market; or something by Stephen King (of course). Either way, I will be tuned in tomorrow to see what is offered and do hope that it is something that intrigues me.
                      With no reason other than person opinion I do not think it will be a King announcement. The reason for this opinion is that I believe Paul would have let people know that the current rights holders need no stress. If tomorrow the pre-order went to the King holders all the non-King holders would be wondering where their email was and he would be flooded with questions quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

With no reason other than person opinion I do not think it will be a King announcement. The reason for this opinion is that I believe Paul would have let people know that the current rights holders need no stress. If tomorrow the pre-order went to the King holders all the non-King holders would be wondering where their email was and he would be flooded with questions quickly.
                        I totally agree and don't think it will be a King book either. I would just be surprised that one of his books didn't come in as the most requested. Not too many horror writers have his level of popularity, especially when you add in his recent resurgence in pop culture.

Comment

I totally agree and don't think it will be a King book either. I would just be surprised that one of his books didn't come in as the most requested. Not too many horror writers have his level of popularity, especially when you add in his recent resurgence in pop culture.
                          It is possible that he did not include the King requests as they would be on a different track.

Comment

Same on all points. I have the CD and Lonely Roads editions...two is already one too many, so I'd certainly be comfortable passing. Plus with Gauntlet's also floating around out there, that's three deluxe numbered editions...like you, I figure most collectors already have one, but perhaps market saturation isn't really an issue Paul is concerned with, he may just feel that it's important that he pay tribute to the work. Will certainly be curious to see what this title is, if for no other reason than to see what so many collectors chose as their #1 pick in the survey.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Same on all points. I have the CD and Lonely Roads editions...two is already one too many, so I'd certainly be comfortable passing. Plus with Gauntlet's also floating around out there, that's three deluxe numbered editions...like you, I figure most collectors already have one, but perhaps market saturation isn't really an issue Paul is concerned with, he may just feel that it's important that he pay tribute to the work. Will certainly be curious to see what this title is, if for no other reason than to see what so many collectors chose as their #1 pick in the survey.
                              Certainly would not be my top pick as there exists several nice editions. I only own the Lonely Roads 40th Anniversary and it is beautiful. The number of limited editions may explain why he is opting for letterpress on the numbered limited edition.

Comment

If it is THE EXORCIST- I would be very surprised that it was the number one requested book for Paul. For all those same reasons you guys say above. In all those surveys- I always put SILENCE OF THE LAMBS as my number 1 choice, so that one didn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X