Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

My views are similar to Ron's. I love the story. I love the paper covering the boards. I have not handled my copy enough to notice the fragility Ron mentions but I have handled it enough to believe that it would be fragile. The actually printing of the book is very nice but not spectacular and the art is just ok for my taste. Value is very subjective. Is it a nice book? Yes. Is it worth spending three months of my book budget on? No.
    Pretty much this - the Andrea Peterson walnut dyed rag paper used for the cover is very cool, and I liked the design & stamping. However, the Cougar Opaque paper the book is printed on is too glossy for my taste, no texture to it.

Comment

Very thoughtful replies. Thank you all very much. They give me pause on such a large purchase.

I've wrung my hands long enough over this one and I really think I will pass on it.

These replies are indicative of why these type of forums are so special.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

https://subterraneanpress.com/all-bo...e-of-the-lambs

For those who missed the AE.

Edit: only if you purchased the Red Dragon AE from Subterranean, sorry
        Last edited by CyberGhostface; 01-09-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I was able to find a copy which was a huge relief since I missed out on the initial ordering window. Still amazed at how fast this AE sold out, but it is a famous book and has a lot of cross-over potential. Could it become one of the most, if not the most, valuable AEs yet?

Comment

Dark Regions is having a contest for the signed Silence.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/t...dcover-contest

Comment

Saw that over on the FB group for Suntup. Made me realize I could use a Tremblay book in my life.

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Good on Dark Regions. This is the first promotion in ages that did not need a secret decoder ring to figure out. Two simple options, hopefully we will see more of that.

Comment

I was strong and did not enter the lottery for a numbered SILENCE. I am thinking about perusing the DRP site to see if there might be something there to interest me so I can get in on their contest.

Comment

LOL. Glad you said that because I was thinking it. I read the rules twice before believing those were the only rules.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Good on Dark Regions. This is the first promotion in ages that did not need a secret decoder ring to figure out. Two simple options, hopefully we will see more of that.

Comment

My only comment would be is that I don't believe DRP provides any type of cut off date or anything. So the odds may keep getting worse if the promotional takes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        My only comment would be is that I don't believe DRP provides any type of cut off date or anything. So the odds may keep getting worse if the promotional takes off.
                        Good point. I'm wondering how much business these contests generate for DRP? I've seen these types of promotions from them before so they have to be fairly successful for them to continue doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          They clearly state that this one is valid for orders placed through January 26th and one entry per household. So they have two weeks worth of sales that will be entered, the odds will be based on how popular the offer is. This is for the numbered drawing. The bonus Artist edition is a while supplies last offer. For DRP this offer is shocking in its simplicity and clarity. I ordered the limited from Suntup but am actually considering ordering something from DRP just to support this type of promotion!

Comment

I just realized that I never made a decision and about entering the lottery for the Suntup signed/numbered of SotL, and now of course it's too late (think the deadline was yesterday...?). Ah well, looks like the decision's made for me then. Glad I reserved a AE of it, though, to complement my AE of RED DRAGON. I was generally leaning against entering the numbered SotL lottery since I already have a signed 1st trade HC of SotL, so I suppose if I forgot that's a sign that my subconscious mind agreed with me.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I just realized that I never made a decision and about entering the lottery for the Suntup signed/numbered of SotL, and now of course it's too late (think the deadline was yesterday...?). Ah well, looks like the decision's made for me then. Glad I reserved a AE of it, though, to complement my AE of RED DRAGON. I was generally leaning against entering the numbered SotL lottery since I already have a signed 1st trade HC of SotL, so I suppose if I forgot that's a sign that my subconscious mind agreed with me.
                              And that money you would have spent on the limited will cover you for 4?? AEs in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

And that money you would have spent on the limited will cover you for 4?? AEs in the future.
                                True. In fact, since I currently have three Suntup AEs on order -- SotL and the two Heinleins -- I suppose with some light mental gymnastics I could look at those as "free."
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X