X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Easy pass. While I really like the design of the limited and, especially, the lettered edition, the book, in my opinion, just isn't that well-written. I feel like the real-like claims and the hype around it have given this book far longer legs than if it would have had otherwise.

On a funny side note, I was scrolling through Showtime the other night and they had the Ryan Reynolds remake of The Amityville Horror listed under the documentary section. My wife and I got a little laugh out of it.
    A pass for me too. I haven't read the book since the '80s, but I don't remember it being anything special. The Lettered edition looks amazing, though.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Pass. I was never a fan of this.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like today's announcement was "The Amityville Horror" by Jay Anson. Anyone picking this up? Like the artwork and think the new introduction sounds interesting; however, this will be a pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Easy pass. While I really like the design of the limited and, especially, the lettered edition, the book, in my opinion, just isn't that well-written. I feel like the real-like claims and the hype around it have given this book far longer legs than if it would have had otherwise.
    You know, I just finished reading this myself and couldn't agree more.

The novel itself was pretty bad. The hype has given it a longevity that the text doesn't deserve.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

On a funny side note, I was scrolling through Showtime the other night and they had the Ryan Reynolds remake of The Amityville Horror listed under the documentary section. My wife and I got a little laugh out of it.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Looks like today's announcement was "The Amityville Horror" by Jay Anson. Anyone picking this up? Like the artwork and think the new introduction sounds interesting; however, this will be a pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    The Poe volume is very large and beautiful, would love a matching Lovecraft volume.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.
    Ditto for me as well. I've always really liked the CD edition- it's got a great design, nicely oversized, sturdily-slipcased, and well-illustrated. And, as you say- it's got both novels and is signed. Having said that- I do wish I had both Suntup books as well because they really do look great. But, yeah- there are officially too many books now- in my library and in general. Gotta be more and more discerning these days.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    My heart is happy. My wallet is not.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I bought it because I have Suntup's Exorcist, so I figured I might as well have both books. I know I read Legion way back when, but I remember nothing about it at this point.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!
    I'm seriously considering picking this up even though I don't have the Suntup edition of The Exorcist. Like you, I've been meaning to getting around to reading it and it looks like the Lonely Road edition might never come to fruition. I just wasn't planning on this extra expense so I'll need to mull it over a bit.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy Hex! It turned out fantastic. Really love the art for this one, both cover and interior. Am also digging that signature! So glad to finally have this in-hand!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    And apparently the Poe volume will follow the Hex artist ed shortly!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Me too! That's the last Suntup book I was waiting on. I may be tempted by one or two of the upcoming titles.
    Yeah, with their next quarter being all horror releases, I'm very afraid for my wallet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X