Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I picked up a paperback edition many years ago from Borders. This book was always on my radar because Metallica wrote their song One based on it. (Well, maybe the song is based on the movie which is based on the book, so does that mean the song is based on the book? How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?)

Anyways, I picked up the AE of this one since it's at least a book I've read (not that that has stopped me on other Suntup books.)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I have to admit to having never read it, but while it is certainly a book that I should -- and plan to, after this reminder of its lasting importance -- it's not a book I feel compelled to add a spendy volume of to my collection. I will, however, pick up a used pb of it to read the next time I'm at my local HPB.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    This is one of my favorite books. However I’m going to pass on this. Congratulations to those who are purchasing this one.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Great book and love (love!) the artwork. Sadly bad timing for me but I like that the price is a little lower.

Maybe this will be a book that lingers for sale for awhile. If not, at some point in the future, this will be something I will keep my eye out for on the secondary market.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I heard no guesses primarily because no hints were offered. It is 'Johnny Got His Gun' by Dalton Trumbo. This an absolute must have for me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Countdown to the Suntup release is at about 10 minutes from now. I dropped out of the Suntup FB group (moving away from FB) so I'm not sure if there are any guesses or not on the title.
    I heard no guesses primarily because no hints were offered. It is 'Johnny Got His Gun' by Dalton Trumbo. This an absolute must have for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think they are shooting for the AE's shipping in late August.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

It says casemaking is still in progress. I remember Paul saying something about it on a recent Facebook video. When the slipcase parts were put together, the images/print weren't lining up properly, so things were being reworked.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Countdown to the Suntup release is at about 10 minutes from now. I dropped out of the Suntup FB group (moving away from FB) so I'm not sure if there are any guesses or not on the title.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The last update on the Suntup site for the AE of 1984 is dated 5/2/21. Anyone have an idea when this thing may be ready to ship?
    It says casemaking is still in progress. I remember Paul saying something about it on a recent Facebook video. When the slipcase parts were put together, the images/print weren't lining up properly, so things were being reworked.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The last update on the Suntup site for the AE of 1984 is dated 5/2/21. Anyone have an idea when this thing may be ready to ship?

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    As much as I'm disappointed it's not Watership Down, my wallet is also very happy it's not.

Replay has been on the fringe of my recollection for some time now (may have been here, or TDT, or somewhere else, but there was a thread of time travel books which is how I first heard about it.) It's been on my To Buy list ever since and while I always look for a copy while used book shopping, I've never found one, nor just grabbed a new copy from Amazon.

I did buy the AE though so maybe that'll be one I end up reading.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    The video for the Roman edition is a nice look into the process. What a gorgeous edition.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Happily picked-up a copy as well. Loved Replay when I read it earlier this year. The copy that I currently have is pretty beat-up; so, this will be a good copy to have for my collection.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I have not read this one but it has been on the edges of my awareness for quite some time. As speculation on Suntup releasing an edition I looked more into the story. I will admit I am intrigued and am looking forward to reading it. The additional drawing for the author signed bookplates is an interesting addition as well. I will add that the design elements on all editions and the art shown looks fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Haven't read this one yet. It must have slipped under my radar. The numbered will make a nice first read though.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Ordered, of course...REPLAY Has been in my top five books since I read it some 30 years ago. I’ve turned many folks onto it, and I’m glad to see Suntup continuing that legacy with what looks to be a volume that is beautifully worthy of the work it contains.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X