Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Although my limited exposure to the author has not been favorable I do like the art and I love the "Horns" style slipcase.
    This is one of my favorite writers. I love this book . Now to try and justify a purchase before it runs out

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

This is one of my favorite writers. I love this book . Now to try and justify a purchase before it runs out
      How does this story compare to 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep' or 'The Man In The High Castle'?

Comment

How does this story compare to 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep' or 'The Man In The High Castle'?
        It’s definitely different from them. Android is more sf then this one. Scanner was made into Avery trippy film with Robert Downey Jr. It’s an animated movie. Personally as a fan of PKD I don’t really care for the man in the High Castle. And since I wrote my last post on this I purchased the artist gift edition.

Comment

Not sure what my art style is but computer generated (which I see this as) and cartoon/comic art doesn't usually grab me. There are exceptions to every rule however. For instance if the subject matter is interesting to me then the artwork, regardless of style, may automatically be more interesting to me.

Although my limited exposure to the author has not been favorable I do like the art and I love the "Horns" style slipcase.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

It’s definitely different from them. Android is more sf then this one. Scanner was made into Avery trippy film with Robert Downey Jr. It’s an animated movie. Personally as a fan of PKD I don’t really care for the man in the High Castle. And since I wrote my last post on this I purchased the artist gift edition.
            Thanks, I think Android is the only book of his I every tried to read and that was probably over 40 years ago. I am actually more tolerant of SF now but my memories of that one are not good. I then tried to watch The Man in the High Castle and the show did not work for me. Maybe this one would work for me.

Comment

I've read both Android and Man in the High Castle. I haven't read A Scanner Darkly. I liked Man in the High Castle better than Android, although I think my opinion of android was affected by seeing Blade Runner before reading it, book was a lot different than the movie.

Comment

Thanks, I think Android is the only book of his I every tried to read and that was probably over 40 years ago. I am actually more tolerant of SF now but my memories of that one are not good. I then tried to watch The Man in the High Castle and the show did not work for me. Maybe this one would work for me.
                If you're still debating, there are only 5 numbered editions remaining.
                And only 92 AGEs. I mention those because that's really fast for that edition.

Comment

Kind of surprisingly, I actually went for an AGE. I’ve only read a couple of PKD’s stories years ago and I’ve always wanted to try his novels. I guess with this and the three upcoming editions from Centipede, I’ll get my chance. Now I’m double-thinking my choice to pass on THE AUCTIONEER.

Comment

Well, I’m glad I pulled the trigger on the AGE when I did because now it’s sold out.

Jeff, thanks for the “low stock” post. It’s what knocked me off the fence.

Comment

Me too. When I ordered, there were 64 left. Less than an hour later...."Out of Print"!

Comment

Copies of the AGE available at Camelot if anybody is interested. I would have gone through them if the had the book up earlier... Not that I don’t want to support Paul directly, just wasn’t planning on spending another $125 this week.

Comment

I wish I sold books well or often. Kind of thinking this would be a good one to purchase and make a profit on based on the rapid sales.TBH.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Copies of the AGE available at Camelot if anybody is interested. I would have gone through them if the had the book up earlier... Not that I don’t want to support Paul directly, just wasn’t planning on spending another $125 this week.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            double-thinking my choice to pass on THE AUCTIONEER.
                            I’d encourage more double-thinking...it is an absolutely fantastic read.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

If you're still debating, there are only 5 numbered editions remaining.
                              And only 92 AGEs. I mention those because that's really fast for that edition.
                              I decided last night that I would buy one edition and decided to go with the limited. Busy this morning so I did not even look at things until now. Actually shocked that the Gift Edition sold out so quickly. I am comfortable with skipping the Gift Edition of course that may change when I read the story.
                              Last edited by Martin; 10-11-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I’d encourage more double-thinking...it is an absolutely fantastic read.
                                My hesitancy really stems from trying to decide between getting the Suntup AGE or wait to track down the Centipede edition. Though as we all know aftermarket Centipede titles can kill the pocketbook.

if both editions were available at the same price (or close to it), I’d go for the Centipede edition, mostly because I collect them a lot more than I do Suntup.

I’m thinking of going for the Suntup and maybe “upgrade” to the Centipede edition if I ever find one for a decent price.

Comment

Working...
                                X