No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw the artwork for the latest book. Love it.

Per usual I do not like the price point.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The Hendrix introduction is a reprint but the introduction from the authors husband is new.
      In the PB I have of of this her husband wrote the afterword I believe. To lazy to go pull it off the shelf right now. I know he wrote something for the book

Comment

Massive line-up if announcements for the remainder of 2020. Kinda re-cements my thoughts that I could not afford to be a Suntup completist. Great news for those who are though.

As far as the books, here are my guesses:

October:
        Hint: Dystopian novel by one of the most influential sf writer in 20th Century
        Guess: BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley

No clue about book of poetry. I won’t even try.

November:
        Hint: Horror novel of gothic suspense and second book published by author
        Guess: SEED by Ania Ahlborn

December:
        Hint: Two books, originally published two years apart by sf writer who first stressed scientific accuracy in his work
        Guess: STARSHIP TROOPERS and STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND by Robert Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Massive line-up if announcements for the remainder of 2020. Kinda re-cements my thoughts that I could not afford to be a Suntup completist. Great news for those who are though.

As far as the books, here are my guesses:

October:
          Hint: Dystopian novel by one of the most influential sf writer in 20th Century
          Guess: BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley

No clue about book of poetry. I won’t even try.

November:
          Hint: Horror novel of gothic suspense and second book published by author
          Guess: SEED by Ania Ahlborn

December:
          Hint: Two books, originally published two years apart by sf writer who first stressed scientific accuracy in his work
          Guess: STARSHIP TROOPERS and STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND by Robert Heinlein
          First guesses I have seen.
          So here is where I would fall assuming your guesses are correct:
          Brave New World - I would most likely buy this one. Have known about this one forever but never read it.
          Poetry - I am #189 so I am not in the pre-order window but may try for it depending on the author or authors.
          Seed - That is a tough one for me. I read the story after being so impressed with Brother. Although I liked it I am not sure I will return so I probably do not need a limited of it. If the price is the same as Brother I may just to have both.
          Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land - Do not know enough about them to make a call yet.

Comment

From what I’ve seen on TDT.org, a lot of people have the same guesses. I don’t know where I’d land if my guesses are correct. BRAVE NEW WORLD is a book I’ve always to have read but never enough to actually read it. SEED is more in line with my tastes but I’ve yet to read my copy of BROTHER so... As for the Heinlein titles, both are ones I’d like to check out.

Also interesting that the print runs of the AGEs are going down from 1000 to 750. With the price points on these going up from the $65 range to around $125, I’m sure demand will drop a bit. I’d also assume that some of the book flipping will diminish. There’s a lot more room for the price to increase at the $65 price point than at $125.
            Last edited by Sock Monkey; 09-22-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I loved BROTHER and bought the Suntup edition, but found SEED a rather middling book and have no interest in a deluxe edition of it.

As far as Heinlein, don’t believe scientific accuracy accurately describes his early juveniles nor many of his later adult books — then again, I’m far from a Robert Heinlein expert. So...maybe Asimov?
              Last edited by RonClinton; 09-22-2020, 05:08 PM.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

If it's Brave New World I might be in for a gift edition. Again as with most Suntup editions price point is going to be the deciding factor.

Comment

For those who haven’t read it yet and want to before the Suntup edition comes out Amazon has the ebook for Let the Right One In at $1.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00I1W23..._iBLAFbHGPXX6F

As you can see it’s the remake tie-in edition with the bowdlerized American title but the book is still the same.

Comment

BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley sounds like an interesting read. I would think about this one if it is actually what ends up being published. Already have 1984 on order so these may make a good pair.

Comment

Brave new world is a excellent read. Very thought provoking piece that is very relevant for the times we are living in

Comment

Waiting to see what today's offering will be. If it is from Phillip K Dick I will seriously consider not ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Waiting to see what today's offering will be. If it is from Phillip K Dick I will seriously consider not ordering.
                          Looks like Suntup just saved you some money then.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Looks like Suntup just saved you some money then.
                            Maybe. This is actually a story I am not at all familiar with. My few past attempts to get into Mr. Dick's writing fell flat. I am firmly on the fence here and need to do some research on this story. The explanation on the Suntup site sounds intriguing but I am Leary of the author.

Comment

Not a fan of the author and the art doesn't reach me. Hope this hits the target for most.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Not a fan of the author and the art doesn't reach me. Hope this hits the target for most.
                                Although my limited exposure to the author has not been favorable I do like the art and I love the "Horns" style slipcase.

Comment

Working...
                                X