Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I have #384, and this pisses me off to no end.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    ALSO I noticed the Ramsey Campbell Little Book has a limitation of 350. What about people who have been collecting the series with numbers 350-500? All the previous books with runs of 500 or 600 have sold out. I’m sure Tom knows what he’s doing. But I can’t see how he would know that those last 150 customers won’t want/care about matching numbers.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I got my Campbell Little Book and I'm excited to see that it's a single story volume. The Edward Lee Little Book was the same and I really like that set-up.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I've never understood reserves. Either start the bidding close to the absolute lowest you're willing to take for it or gamble and see what the market gives you. I know eBay isn't an accurate indicator of true market value, but a reserve is a huge turn off for me as a buyer--the bidding just feels like pointless guesswork.

Though I completely understand why sellers do it (I'd be PISSED if I sold all those Little Books for $20). So I'm not blaming the seller in this case for wanting to protect themselves. I just don't want to bid around in the dark. It would maybe make sense if the reserve wasn't blind. Like if we knew the minimum then we could set our expectations. But again, that brings me back to my original point--start the auction where it will truly start.
    I NEVER bid on something with a reserve. I completely agree on setting the min bid around what you "need" to sell it for. When I big at or past the min, I expect to know I am winning the auction. I don't want to put in a bid and then learn it's not quite high enough to count.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I've never understood reserves. Either start the bidding close to the absolute lowest you're willing to take for it or gamble and see what the market gives you. I know eBay isn't an accurate indicator of true market value, but a reserve is a huge turn off for me as a buyer--the bidding just feels like pointless guesswork.

Though I completely understand why sellers do it (I'd be PISSED if I sold all those Little Books for $20). So I'm not blaming the seller in this case for wanting to protect themselves. I just don't want to bid around in the dark. It would maybe make sense if the reserve wasn't blind. Like if we knew the minimum then we could set our expectations. But again, that brings me back to my original point--start the auction where it will truly start.
    It's a sales tactic meant to draw attention. More people are likely to watch the item or bid if there's a low starting bid. So then you'll have maybe twenty people fighting over it (and potentially getting the price higher) as opposed to only having one or two people watching it at a higher starting price.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    That makes sense. He will just keep listing it until the buyer comes along.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    That's been listed with a reserve for several weeks now. I had the highest bid at $54 back in February, but it was under the reserve. Bid a couple of times in the weeks since then, but it's never gotten above the reserve ($54 was the highest I've ever seen it get though).
    That makes sense. He will just keep listing it until the buyer comes along.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So this one ended with no bid's. It has now been re-listed for the same price with a reserve but quickly has a bid.
    That's been listed with a reserve for several weeks now. I had the highest bid at $54 back in February, but it was under the reserve. Bid a couple of times in the weeks since then, but it's never gotten above the reserve ($54 was the highest I've ever seen it get though).

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well this is interesting--according to some random individual selling Little Books on eBay, Blake Crouch will appear in seres 3! Here's his statement:
    The remaining 7 titles in Series III will be published every 2 or 3 months by Borderlands Press. You can get on their mailing list to keep track of each new book which will include titles by Ramsey Campbell, Owen King, Robert R. McCammon, Blake Crouch, and others.

And here's the link (super low starting bid!):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BOOK....c100010.m2109

Does this individual have reliable information?? Should the list be updated?
    So this one ended with no bid's. It has now been re-listed for the same price with a reserve but quickly has a bid.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I subscribed to Series 3 when I found out there would for sure be a McCammon volume. I wanted there to be a 0% chance that I missed out on it. I subscribed about 3 books into the series and Borderlands kindly offered me the ones I had missed with matching numbers. So now I have a complete set (so far) of Series 3 with matching numbers. I'm not someone who is overly concerned about matching numbers but if it's something that's offered go along with it.
    This kinda thing is right up my OCD alley with a matching set. I'm down for 'em as long as they continue to produce them.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Though I'm a little behind on this thread, I thought I'd post that I'm okay with a Blake Crouch book in the series. I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more limited editions of Mr. Crouch's books being published.
    With my only exposure being the Pines trilogy I am really looking forward to reading more from him.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Though I'm a little behind on this thread, I thought I'd post that I'm okay with a Blake Crouch book in the series. I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more limited editions of Mr. Crouch's books being published.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I subscribed to Series 3 when I found out there would for sure be a McCammon volume. I wanted there to be a 0% chance that I missed out on it. I subscribed about 3 books into the series and Borderlands kindly offered me the ones I had missed with matching numbers. So now I have a complete set (so far) of Series 3 with matching numbers. I'm not someone who is overly concerned about matching numbers but if it's something that's offered go along with it.
    I have really enjoyed this series. It will actually be hard for me to pass on the next.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-12-2020, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Just paid for A Little Green Book of Grins & Gravity by Ramsey Campbell.
    I decided to go for the entire series this time for two reasons. There were a few authors I new I would buy when the individual title was announced anyway and there were some authors I have heard good things about but had not read much, if anything, from them yet. Ramsey Campbell is one of the latter so I am looking forward to seeing how he tells a story. Of those I was looking to experience for the first time the only one that has disappointed me so far is Caitlin Kiernan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X